Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choice

Options
  • 19-01-2018 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I'm currently in fourth year, and have to chose my subjects for the leaving cert before the month is out.
    I'm thinking of doing:
    French
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Music or Economics
    I hope to study pharmacy, which requires two science subjects.
    Now, I loved both business and music for the junior cert. So, I was thinking whether or not it would be a good idea to do music as an extra subject..
    I'm currently working towards the RIAM grade 8 piano exam, so the practical element shouldn't be too bad, but what about the theory? Would I be able to teach myself music?
    With regards to biology and chemistry, as I said I love science and need two science subjects for the matriculation requirements.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If you do Music outside of school and are at Grade 8 level, you shouldn't find the Leaving too taxing. You could always get a few classes outside school. You would need to talk to your teacher about the Music technology part.

Advertisement