Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I keep thinking of Aladdin the animation when someone says Ali, "prince Ali , fabulous he, Ali of Abwa:)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

One minute Eileen and Eva can't find the keys to help Billy, then after the break they both storm in! Did I miss something? How did they get access?

Summer is a poor little actress really. Delivering lines in a monotone. But of course she is not the only sub standard actor on the stage.

Adam Alya, Brian Dev, Steve, Zee.

Lots more but can't remember the names. Sean Bean's ex -the one who works in the fast food place for one and that Simon fellow for another. Then there those very annoying kids belonging to Dev. It must run in the family. Useless articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I keep thinking of Aladdin the animation when someone says Ali, "prince Ali , fabulous he, Ali of Abwa:)!

Too old to play Michelle’s son..definitely!
    :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

^ Either Eileen found the spare keys she had or maybe from Tracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Alex going by Ali, obviously because since he was last on the show, another Alex has joined the cast and the writers think that the audience are idiots who might get the two men mixed up. They took on that risk having a Beth and a Bethany be main cast at the same time but they really had a close shave having Rob and Robert meet without triggering a singularity.

I never heard of anyone going by Ali/Aly short for Alex :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

How the feck are Summer and Amy in the same class?! Amy looks about two years older.. Summer might be a bit monotone but she's a hands down miles better actor than Amy. There was a huge difference in the performance of the two of them in the classroom scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

What was the "Run for your Wife" thing all about? I must have missed something because I don't remember seeing them organising it or talking about it..... And it seemed completely pointless.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

RubyXI wrote: »
    What was the "Run for your Wife" thing all about? I must have missed something because I don't remember seeing them organising it or talking about it..... And it seemed completely pointless.....

Maybe for this nonsense proposal wi Michelle and Rob?

I suppose soaps have to be seen to promote fundraising and communities getting together, social responsibility .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

RubyXI wrote:

I didn't hear anything about it either. It was daft.. a scattering of people when a run like that should've been crowds. What's the story with their reluctance to pay extras??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I like the way they haven't made up some elaborate story as to why Norris is missing.
    I would have thought they'd have written a story about a dying aunt in Finland or something.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I like the way they haven't made up some elaborate story as to why Norris is missing.
    I would have thought they'd have written a story about a dying aunt in Finland or something.

Haha! I remember years ago in Fair City when Suzanne left to save the Orangutans in Borneo or some pish, which seemed outlandish at the time. Until Emily went backpacking in Peru, that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,233 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Haha! I remember years ago in Fair City when Suzanne left to save the Orangutans in Borneo or some pish, which seemed outlandish at the time. Until Emily went backpacking in Peru, that is.

Shes with Spider isn't she? Probably stoned outta her mind last 6 months. When is she back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,998 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pjohnson wrote: »
    Shes with Spider isn't she? Probably stoned outta her mind last 6 months. When is she back?

Or up a tree trying to stop a new road being built!

La_Gordy wrote: »

She was supposedly 'back in the country' over Christmas whatever that means!

The audience learned from Ken telling Sophie (for some reason) a few months ago that Emily was back in the UK and was looking after her sick niece.

Instead of all that nonsense, if Eileen Derbyshire isn't interested in returning her character should be nicely written out as living out her days adventuring in Peru. Far better than if she returns and just hangs around the street with no plot lines until she suddenly just stops appearing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Jikashi wrote: »
    The audience learned from Ken telling Sophie (for some reason) a few months ago that Emily was back in the UK and was looking after her sick niece.

Yeah I was about to say Sophie and Emily got on really well but I actually think I'm thinking about Sophie and Rita. As Rita is her godmother

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

kopite386 wrote: »
    Yeah I was about to say Sophie and Emily got on really well but I actually think I'm thinking about Sophie and Rita. As Rita is her godmother

I think Ken told Sophie because she would have known and been someway connected to Emily through the church. Sophie is, lest we forget, a Chris-tee-an.

• Advertisement

Was Emily a nurse in her youth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Emily Pankhurst!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I don't think she was ever young.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,555 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Billy needs to go see someone. He did manage to make his bald crown regrow though, as did Tyrone and Kevin.
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Sweet Jeebus! How long more do we have to watch the pathetic acting skills of Billy puffing, blowing and grimacing?! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

That's a very bad dose billy has.

• Advertisement

Billy the junkie..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Sweet lord Billy is going cold turkey and Eva tells him his drug supplier has left town and offers him herbal tea :confused: is she living in the real world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Why don't they call Dr Ali or an ambulance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Why don't they call Dr Ali or an ambulance?

Billy told them not to as they would wonder where he got the tablets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I never heard of anyone going by Ali/Aly short for Alex :o

I call my son, Alex, Ali.

• Advertisement

Billy the junkie..

With pregnant Eva and young Summer his carers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

2 episodes & nothing happened! No wonder they’re dragging out the Phelan storyline, literally nothing else going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Icsics wrote: »
    2 episodes & nothing happened! No wonder they’re dragging out the Phelan storyline, literally nothing else going on!

Yeah. It's all fluffing about the place. Millions of people live in England but of all the clinic joints in all of England of course that new doctor should happen to roll up in Weatherfield.

casio4 wrote: »
    Sweet lord Billy is going cold turkey and Eva tells him his drug supplier has left town and offers him herbal tea :confused: is she living in the real world?

It’s a soap. A very silly one at the mo.

Is anyone else delighted that Sinead and Daniel are together?
    I was rooting for them to get back together.
    I actually think they have good chemistry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No, it's going to end in tears again.

No, it's going to end in tears again.
    But we can enjoy the cuteness in the meantime..
    Better than Sinead making baked beans for the gormless Chez.

I'm just watching it now. When Maria was talking to Bethany about Craig. I said to myself Bethany you better was out because it sound like Maria has the hots for him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭optogirl

What in the name of jaysus is Craig doing? I missed the first 10 mins and turned on to see him in full blown OCD episode....whats going on?

No I see no chemistry, I think Daniel with Gemma for Educating Rita / My Fair Lady romance would be better :p

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »
    What in the name of jaysus is Craig doing? I missed the first 10 mins and turned on to see him in full blown OCD episode....whats going on?

It's OCD. He was discussing it on This Morning recently. He has it because of mixing up the times at Bethany's trial!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭optogirl

It's OCD. He was discussing it on This Morning recently. He has it because of mixing up the times at Bethany's trial!

I've been dipping in and out so I was bewildered at first .... hes a good actor so hopefully they deal with it properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,314 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Billy does a great impersonation of Christy Browne

How did Carla know Sinead's size?

By any chance will guy that tried to pick up Summer be involved in the development and Pat will blackmail him regarding the bodies in the lake.

It’ll be forgotten about now for another few months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Liam is so cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

casio4 wrote: »

So is Billy addicted to Ordinary paracetamol and what did he nearly overdose on?

Did Adam give him stronger pills the last time?

Daniel and Carla did the deed on the couch, and he and Sinéad apparently on the floor.

Something wrong with his bed or is this a clue to a twist that he has his mother set up in his room like Norman Bates?

• Advertisement

Carla used to be Sinead's employer in the knicker factor so I'm assuming she knows her lingerie sizes !:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement