Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

bobbyss wrote: »
    Gail is 68 and Audrey (her mother) is 75.

Really? Then to be fair,Gail looks pretty good for her age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The Platts
    go camping
    next week!
    Did you ever see the episode of South Park where they take the p1ss out of Family Guys writing by saying its just manatees in a tank choosing random balls with words on them and sticking them together into sentences? Thats the way Coronation Street is these days, just random sh1t flung at the wall.

dKL7IFa.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lorraine Kelly
    will appear as herself next week.
    She will be meet
    the Platt's on a campsite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

Craig coming in for a wet shave in the barbers is up there with the oddest things I've ever seen on the show. His face is as smooth as the day he was born!

Andrew Hall who played Marc Selby has died. I think he was Audrey's cross dressing boyfriend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Sparko wrote: »
    Craig coming in for a wet shave in the barbers is up there with the oddest things I've ever seen on the show. His face is as smooth as the day he was born!

It's so ridiculous that he is a trainee cop too. He would be eaten alive in the rough areas of Manchester. I notice a lot of the guys in Corrie seem to be hitting the gym (Tyrone, David, Chesney, Billy etc): I'd love if Craig got seriously ripped and became a total beast, although quite a cheery one.

That one working with David scares me. Very attractive, but she's got crazed eyes.

Its so ridiculous the way Steve picked up a fair off the street and he's immediately robbed by a psycho. Then, as a consequence, he brings a baseball bat in the car, and has cause to use it immediately but it backfires on him immediately. Jesus, who writes this ****?

Why is Wayne basing his look and demeanour on a 1980s serial killer? Very disturbed character.

Why do I watch this show??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

he was only in for a haircut the other day and his hair looks the same

James is a member of the new family from what I know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Craig fancies Natalie which is why he spends more time in the barbershop than on the force

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

One barber, one trainee. And it needs an almost full time manager (Nick).
    Also David goes home at lunchtime when there's a bit of a rush on, leaving a trainee with a fortnights experience to take over.

Then Steve loses his licence and operators licence in the space of a couple of hours on some cops say-so. No formal hearing, no trial. Nowt.
    And how does he lose an operators licence? You don't need to be able to drive a taxi to operate a cab company.
    And can Time not take over the reins for a while.

Clueless writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

KevRossi wrote:
    One barber, one trainee. And it needs an almost full time manager (Nick). Also David goes home at lunchtime when there's a bit of a rush on, leaving a trainee with a fortnights experience to take over.

KevRossi wrote:
    Clueless writing.

KevRossi wrote:
    Then Steve loses his licence and operators licence in the space of a couple of hours on some cops say-so. No formal hearing, no trial. Nowt. And how does he lose an operators licence? You don't need to be able to drive a taxi to operate a cab company. And can Time not take over the reins for a while.

Especially as the young fellow didn't press charges. The copper needs to be sued for whatever.

The ponytail annoys me a lot. Bobbing around getting people to spy on her partner. Whatever about Craig's needs for a haircut, that's one thing that needs to be lobbed off immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Can Tracey not take over running the cab company and Steve can train on the same florist course that Tracey took so he'll be good to go for Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Especially as the young fellow didn't press charges. The copper needs to be sued for whatever.

The ponytail annoys me a lot. Bobbing around getting people to spy on her partner. Whatever about Craig's needs for a haircut, that's one thing that needs to be lobbed off immediately.

Trying to shave Kirk would be like trying to shave a balloon 🎈

Sally
    buys the horse tonight... Tim will have a bloody stroke. (Not literally.)

How on earth did Cagney and Lacey get into Rick's office?
    And have Eileen and Liz got licence to drive a taxi?
    Or does it matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How on earth did Cagney and Lacey get into Rick's office?
    And have Eileen and Liz got licence to drive a taxi?
    Or does it matter?

He must have left the door open...it all went very smoothly for them... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I absolutely hate the trainee (can't think of her name) at the barbers shop. She's got one of those faces that seem to be always laughing at you, she's constantly causing trouble and she just pi**es me off. Rant over. :D

Sal's horse could be used at Street Cars by Tim or Steve :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I absolutely hate the trainee (can't think of her name) at the barbers shop. She's got one of those faces that seem to be always laughing at you, she's constantly causing trouble and she just pi**es me off. Rant over. :D

I think she's an overactor. She could be good, but it's too much snarling and the like.

Also last night was the first time I've seen an episode in months. The race horse is nonsense, the break in was nonsense and the policeman dating the hairdresser lassie and being more concerned wi arresting Shona than attempting to help his just punched date was nonsense.

• Advertisement

No doubt the horse sitcom will Continue next week. I can just imagine what it will be like. I've given more thought to buying shoes than they did to buying a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Natalie.

There's definitely something odd about how she looks but I can't put my finger on it. She looks very intense. Is it her eye makeup or maybe she puts something in her eyes to make them pop out? I don't think it looks bad at all I think it looks good, but she's very clearly different to how normal people look and it's likely something fake she's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

How ridiculous were the Sarah, Toyah and Leanne in the loan sharks office? Sarah comes along and bops the scary debt collector over the head with the petty cash box. Just stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Also the setup of the loanshark's office, with a generic dog barking noise every few seconds to show how 'rough' it is. Most of those loanshark businesses are high street operations in the UK like Cash Converters.

What's up with Street Cars not being able to do pick ups on the Street.

Isn't that what taxi companies the world over do?

Here, I think it is hackneys that can't pickup off the street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Just catching up on the week now. Kirks said to Seán that him and Beth aren’t married. I could have sworn they had a wedding though. Anyone care to enlighten me?

salonfire wrote: »
    What's up with Street Cars not being able to do pick ups on the Street.

Isn't that what taxi companies the world over do?

Here, I think it is hackneys that can't pickup off the street
    Opposite there. They (Streetcars) are private hire and have to be pre-booked. Only black hackneys can pick up from the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

It's rediclicous how the 3 Ladies can all be able to take over the running of Streets Cabs,.. Don't they have their own jobs?

It's rediclicous how the 3 Ladies can all be able to take over the running of Streets Cabs,.. Don't they have their own jobs?

I thought Liz was part time again at the medical centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Most boring episode in ages.

Lorraine was cringe

So Sally, who was left holding the can in prison after the last time she was duped, has been duped YET AGAIN???!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sheer rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

And why was she paying in Cash and didn’t wait to get a receipt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

Was it only on for half an hour last night ?

Agree though it was painful watching :rolleyes:

magicray wrote: »
    Was it only on for half an hour last night ?

Agree though it was painful watching :rolleyes:

Britain for talent is on all week long from 7:30pm - 9pm

I hate when the soap times are all messed up

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    And why was she paying in Cash and didn’t wait to get a receipt?

Ah come on now....Twas only a thoroughbred racehorse they were looking to purchase, sure why would you need a receipt for something like that??? like buying a packet of sweets in aldi sure :pac:

Sally and the others were sold a pup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

STOP trying to make Gail funny - she isn't :mad:

Lorraine was cringe

Pity she didn't get the arrow right between the eyes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

They should have had a queue for people waiting to hit Gary like that scene in Airplane!

• Advertisement

Sally and the others were sold a pup.

Nah pretty sure twas a horse ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

Why would Gary leave a long rambling message to Sarah, when he could call the police to come save him from being murdered??

Why would Rick leave him with a phone right next to him to begin with?

This is beyond stupid.

Gail asking for forgiveness for her boys after Audrey has literally just found out they ripped her off. Could she not give her a couple of days to absorb the shock? And she's doing her sincere, whispery voice schtick too. God, I despise Gail with a passion. I hope the next storyline is Gail getting into debt with Rick, and he gives her the Gary treatment. I'd especially love for him to shave her head.

That horse storyline was ridiculous. It was like a bad 70s sitcom. The writers must think they are being very clever with this, but they are clearly just all **** these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Just thinking here...
    Gary's final words to Sarah's answer machine was that he had something else to tell her.
    I think off camera, he would have confessed it was him who sabotaged the factory roof

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Just thinking here... Gary's final words to Sarah's answer machine was that he had something else to tell her. I think off camera, he would have confessed it was him who sabotaged the factory roof

Hadn't thought of that but sounds right.

My theory for Friday's Carla centric episode is that we're going to see Aidan and Rana.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Shelga wrote: »
    Why would Gary leave a long rambling message to Sarah, when he could call the police to come save him from being murdered??

Why would Rick leave him with a phone right next to him to begin with?

This is beyond stupid.

how did Gary move the phone? when Rick came back there was no phone beside him

Corrie is woeful with a long time now but I must say the dynamic between Nick and David is fantastic. They really play well off each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Corrie is woeful with a long time now but I must say the dynamic between Nick and David is fantastic. They really play well off each other.
    Nick went semi psycho tonight the way he was choking David.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

casio4 wrote: »
    how did Gary move the phone? when Rick came back there was no phone beside him

Maybe he pushed it around the corner of the table. Anyway it was stupid, I couldn’t believe the police were not the first number he would dial.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement