Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Kauto0709 wrote:
    She's taking a battering on here because of her face but I think Alison King is doing a great job portraying Carla being psychotic.

She's doing well but.
    In walking into the a busy restraunt with hoodie ( so that she'd be invisible) the writers reverted to type with such stupidity and simply devalue the storyline.

Coronation Street has become a kind of laughing stock. You can almost see in the faces of the actors how embarrassed they are. I'm thinking particularly of Sophie's solicitor partner and how out of place she fits in there. Not even mentioning the horse thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

British Soap Awards Winners!
    Best Newcomer
    Alexandra Mardell AKA Emma Brooker.
    Best Single Episode
    Aidan's Suicide and Aftermath.
    Scene of the Year
    Gail's monologue after Aidan's death.
    Outstanding Achievement
    Sue Nicholls/Audrey
    Best Story Line
    The impact of Aidan's suicide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Best Newcomer
    Best Single Episode
    Scene of the Year
    Outstanding Achievement
    Sue Nicholls/Audrey
    Best Story Line
    I had to ask myself who Emma was.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Best Newcomer
    Best Single Episode
    Scene of the Year
    Outstanding Achievement
    Sue Nicholls/Audrey
    Best Story Line

Just watched Gail's monologue again.
    It really was fabulous.
    Like Corrie of old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I like Emma but I don’t think they ever mentioned her surname until night :) she’s the type of friend you would love to have in your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

I like Emma, she's quite an entertaining background character. Not forced down our throat like Gemma so she's still enjoyable IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I find Emma to be a pointless and an overactor. Ahm no surprised Corrie didn't take much home but is Hollyoaks really that good?!

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I find Emma to be a pointless and an overactor. Ahm no surprised Corrie didn't take much home but is Hollyoaks really that good?!

I saw little bits of it in the past year and it was rather good to be fair!
    Coronation Street mainly did good because of the Aidan story!

I saw little bits of it in the past year and it was rather good to be fair!
    Coronation Street mainly did good because of the Aidan story!

Katie Oates the producer on EastEnders now did that storyline and when she was in charge everyone was complaining about Corrie that it’s one seriously storyline after another but it’s a soap lol but people just wanna moan I suppose.

She’s a brilliant producer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

casio4 wrote: »
    who owns all the phones in Carlas handbag? only Sarah is missing hers and even she doesn't seem to be making a big effort to look for it

How did Carla get all those phones?

Carla's mental health workers mentioned to Peter that he lost his phone

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How did Carla get all those phones?

Carla's mental health workers mentioned to Peter that he lost his phone

I think she basically stole them/picked them up when she got the chance!

I think she basically stole them/picked them up when she got the chance!

I did not think she left Roy's flat

I think Carla might have started stealing phones because she thought they were spying on her or something!

Yeah but the question isnt why, its how. She's not left the flat on screen in over a week. How did she get Sarah Lou's phone?

I did a corrie binge yesterday and really it has more plot holes than Lost.

Gary, at deaths door, doesn't dial 999, instead dials Sarah Lou and gets her voicemail because Carla has her phone. Then, just before Rick kills him, the cops arrive.

David and Nick, are accused together of stealing Audreys money but actually it was all Nick, he just paid David off to keep quiet. Its still betrayal on Davids part, but he seemed to own up to conspiring with Nick to steal the money.

Carla's invisibility hoodie :rolleyes:

I could go on.

Who rang the police on Rick, his own hench woman who took off?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Impossible to take the Corrie storyline seriously. Fresh botox, lip and cheek fillers :confused:

What’s Gary doing in the factory?

Bethany got him a job off Nick, I don't know what exactly he does!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Gary
    is supposed to kill Rick and become the street's next serial killer.
    Daily Mirror.
    Every street should have one eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Gary is quick back working after the hammering he took last week. My brother-in-law would get longer out of a nose bleed.

• Advertisement

Kirk's packing job while Kirk the singer is on tour

Gary
    is supposed to kill Rick and become the street's next serial killer.
    Daily Mirror.
    Every street should have one eh.

Someone needed to take Pat’s place !

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Someone needed to take Pat’s place !

Pat was able to play the part. This ******** isn’t

I would have rang the police on Gary selling me back my passport, cheaper to reapply claim lost

I would have rang the police on Gary selling me back my passport, cheaper to reapply claim lost

It's totally stupid.
    Passports are replaced for under £100 and aren't hard to get back.
    Also those people also had all the cash just to hand over to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Infuriating stupid. Say 10 to 12 ppl work in the factory . At max 350 pounds a week. So we're lead to believe Gary collected the bones of 3.5k off the passport victims. If he was asking Vicky for 200 .... exactly how many did he return/get paid for in those few hours?

And are we to believe that the kind of ppl that would owe money to a loan shark would have that kind of surplus cash to hand over for a passport they may not need for years or could just report as lost anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's totally stupid.
    Passports are replaced for under £100 and aren't hard to get back.
    Also those people also had all the cash just to hand over to him.

I think part of the deal is that he rips up the black notebook belonging to Rick with all the details in it. Same story is out of a Ken Loach film, Raining Stones.

Nick is an idiot, going to lose everything and all because of his love for Leanne. And why have a private meeting with your solicitor in Roy's cafe when your own gaff is 3 minutes walk away.

The factory staff are a joke, downing tools every 15 minutes. It's like Carry on at your Convenience.

Does Paula have any office or home?

Does Paula have any office or home?

She got burgled last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So what if Gary has ripped up Rick's notebook and has returned the passports?
    Rick is hardly going to lie down and let the debts go just because of that?
    When he gets out, he knows where the punters live and he'll just be around straight away for what's owed.
    And what's more, Gary and Sarah will only have only infuriated him more when he finds out they returned the passports.
    Sarah and Gary sitting drinking in the pub carefree and not watching over their shoulder for when Rick is released on bail and immediately comes looking for them.
    Yea right.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Beth, Izzy and the rest of the factory lot are the biggest load of entitled disloyal ungrateful whingers going.
    They sulk and trudge through the day, are generally unpleasant to work with, are constantly having domestics in work or running late despite literally living twenty feet from the door, and they complain about temporary accommodation they were not obliged to get at all, and the slightest hint that there's a problem on their latest earwig into a private phonecall and they gang up with their half-information and bark down the management or their staff. If it were reality they'd have rightfully starved to death long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Dev's kids have grown up all of a sudden. And David's fellow appears overweight and looks 21.
    Given Dev's culture and religion his daughter's new rebellious streak is an opportunity for the writers to deal with this topic in a .. mature and thoughtful way. What are the chances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Max will be evicting David from his house next

Wait a minute why would Vicky buy her passport back for £200 pound can’t she just say she lost it and get a new one?

Why is Leanne standing by Nick she spent weeks thinking he was up to something and now she knows she doesn’t care what!

Jikashi wrote: »
    Beth, Izzy and the rest of the factory lot are the biggest load of disloyal ungrateful whingers going.
    They sulk and trudge through the day, are generally unpleasant to work with, are constantly having domestics in work or running late despite literally living twenty feet from the door, and they complain about temporary accommodation they were not obliged to get at all, and the slightest hint that there's a problem on their latest eagwig into a private phonecall and they gang up with their half-information and bark down the management or their staff. If it were reality they'd have rightfully starved to death long ago.

And yet not one of them has the brains to try and get work elsewhere. You’d like to have seen at least one of them take the initiative to look up indeed when the factory roof fell down. Or get training for some other career.

Jikashi wrote: »
    Beth, Izzy and the rest of the factory lot are the biggest load of disloyal ungrateful whingers going.
    They sulk and trudge through the day, are generally unpleasant to work with, are constantly having domestics in work or running late despite literally living twenty feet from the door, and they complain about temporary accommodation they were not obliged to get at all, and the slightest hint that there's a problem on their latest eagwig into a private phonecall and they gang up with their half-information and bark down the management or their staff. If it were reality they'd have rightfully starved to death long ago.

And yet not one of them has the brains to try and get work elsewhere. You’d like to have seen at least one of them take the initiative to look up indeed when the factory roof fell down. Or get training for some other career.

Channel 5 documentary on this Friday from 8:30pm - 10:30pm about Soap most controversial storylines with interviews from actors from Coronation Street, Emmerdale & EastEnders and how they raise awareness and break taboo’s should be an interesting watch.

I’m just sharing Incase anyone else was interested in watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

I'd love to see a documentary about the most ridiculous storylines ever. For example:
    Michelle's baby swap story
    Jim and your woman pretending to be Liz's baby who died
    Fair City's Dermot and THE PLAN

I reckon they would need more than one documentary to cover stupid storylines.

jos28 wrote: »
    I'd love to see a documentary about the most ridiculous storylines ever. For example:
    Michelle's baby swap story
    Jim and your woman pretending to be Liz's baby who died
    Fair City's Dermot and THE PLAN

I reckon they would need more than one documentary to cover stupid storylines.

I think it goes on for a few episodes this new series channel 5 loves making 2 hour weekly shows I’ll let you know if it is

The soap documentary on Friday at half 8 is 3 hours not 2 hours weird it will clash with Corrie but lol I’m looking forward to watching it

The soap documentary on Friday at half 8 is 3 hours not 2 hours weird it will clash with Corrie but lol I’m looking forward to watching it

Well in the past year.
    Eastenders did knife crime.
    Hollyoaks did male sexual abuse.
    Coronation Street did Aidan's suicide.

Eastenders did homosexuality in the Muslim community a few years ago.(I think)

They'd show how characters started coming out in soaps and how over time they were able to show the first kiss/etc.
    They be a bit on rape/abuse/domestic/etc.

• Advertisement

Channel 5 documentary on this Friday from 8:30pm - 10:30pm about Soap most controversial storylines with interviews from actors from Coronation Street, Emmerdale & EastEnders and how they raise awareness and break taboo’s should be an interesting watch.

I’m just sharing Incase anyone else was interested in watching.

Brookside was the first for many storylines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Brookside was the first for many storylines

I've been re-watching Brookside from the start, up to Christmas 1988 now and its so much more enjoyable to watch than today's offerings of Corrie and Fair City

Maria is getting a new fella
    Dr. Ali

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

gwalk wrote:
    I've been re-watching Brookside from the start, up to Christmas 1988 now and its so much more enjoyable to watch than today's offerings of Corrie and Fair City

Where are you watching it? Loved Brookside

Dr. Ali

Was a brief mention of her Marcus in tonight’s episode. Probably setting the scene to remind people Maria is still in it.

I did lol at Gizmo and Ches (who reminds me of a young Shaggy from Scooby Doo, I sound like Lulu Walsh)

Mary was buying a 2 liter milk and it was empty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Where are you watching it? Loved Brookside

A group I'm in on Facebook has all the episodes on it

Pm'd ya the link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Dr. Ali
    So another one of Michelle's relatives? She certainly seems to have a thing for Connors.

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    So another one of Michelle's relatives? She certainly seems to have a thing for Connors.
    He was with Carla also. Tony was with Carla also. Liam with Maria and Carla.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement