Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sparko wrote: »
    So another one of Michelle's relatives? She certainly seems to have a thing for Connors.
    Michelle's real son, will Michelle be happy? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Mary is Norriss daughter
    .. :)

Mary is Norriss daughter

What! Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw on Facebook that Nick stole £5 off Martin back in the 1990's and it started a row between Gail/Martin and Kevin/Sally!

British Soap Awards Winners!
    Best Newcomer
    Alexandra Mardell AKA Emma Brooker.
    Best Single Episode
    Aidan's Suicide and Aftermath.
    Scene of the Year
    Gail's monologue after Aidan's death.
    Outstanding Achievement
    Sue Nicholls/Audrey
    Best Story Line
    The impact of Aidan's suicide.

Why did the David and Shona actors go on stage during the win for Aidan's suicide and aftermath, should have been the actors for Aidan, Johnny, Kate, Jenny and Eva only if there

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why did the David and Shona actors go on stage during the win for Aidan's suicide and aftermath, should have been the actors for Aidan, Johnny, Kate, Jenny and Eva only if there

I think a lot were baffled by that.
    Just trying to think of it in my head. Did David tell Shona about the rape in the episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I saw on Facebook that Nick stole £5 off Martin back in the 1990's and it started a row between Gail/Martin and Kevin/Sally!

At least they stayed true to his character for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

bobbyss wrote: »
    Dev's kids have grown up all of a sudden. And David's fellow appears overweight and looks 21.
    Given Dev's culture and religion his daughter's new rebellious streak is an opportunity for the writers to deal with this topic in a .. mature and thoughtful way. What are the chances?

Wasn't there a bizarre story back in the day of Dev having multiple ex girlfriends living over his shops and having had his secret babies. I think he was with Sunita at the time and she dumped him over it. It emerged he had a teenager/early 20s daughter from one of the flings and Dev managed to have her working in his shop for free.

Can't remember her name, anyway she nor any of the other kids have never been mentioned again. That doesn't mean they wont do the strict Dad storyline with Dev now as we know the writers conveniently have memory loss when it suits.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Amber. She was quite funny, in a snarly teenager way.

spurious wrote: »
    Amber. She was quite funny, in a snarly teenager way.

Actually saw her in a production of Sunshine on Leith last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think Dev even had a grandchild revealed during that storyline. Other than Amber I don't think they've ever mentioned the rest of his brood, bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

According to Wiki he has "at least" 7 there was Shareen, Amber, Asda and Aldi and 3 more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Mary is Norriss daughter

Ah FFS! :rolleyes:
    Wasn't there a bizarre story back in the day of Dev having multiple ex girlfriends living over his shops and having had his secret babies. I think he was with Sunita at the time and she dumped him over it. It emerged he had a teenager/early 20s daughter from one of the flings and Dev managed to have her working in his shop for free.

Can't remember her name, anyway she nor any of the other kids have never been mentioned again. That doesn't mean they wont do the strict Dad storyline with Dev now as we know the writers conveniently have memory loss when it suits.

Just like the scriptwriters, I had completely forgotten that storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Adam really is gorgeous, successful , dark hair, Scottish accent and Sarah Louise still not sure whether to stick with Gary the scumbag. Some people really need their heads testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

how the hell did Gemma think her and 4 babies were going to live in Ritas flat could she not move in with Chesney I know they aren't a couple at the moment but they will be a family

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

They really expect us to believe Audrey is going to send her own blood who she sees every day to prison for years for the sake of a few grand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Is Norris really going

They really expect us to believe Audrey is going to send her own blood who she sees every day to prison for years for the sake of a few grand?

What u mean? It wasn’t just a few grand and she should send them to prison it’s even worse that they were family who robbed from her.

fin12 wrote: »
    What u mean? It wasn’t just a few grand and she should send them to prison it’s even worse that they were family who robbed from her.

It wasn't as straightforward as that. Sending them to prison wouldn't solve anything, it would just make things worse for their whole family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Norris really going

I'd say so for now.

The actor hasn't been well in the past while.

• Advertisement

It wasn't as straightforward as that. Sending them to prison wouldn't solve anything, it would just make things worse for their whole family.

Well ya it was, Nick decided to rob her and that was that then allowed her to believe her dead boyfriend was responsible for it. Nick broke the law so therefore he should take his punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

How stupid is Leanne??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

casio4 wrote: »
    how the hell did Gemma think her and 4 babies were going to live in Ritas flat could she not move in with Chesney I know they aren't a couple at the moment but they will be a family

Chesney could have offered to move out and let Gemma move into his house.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    How stupid is Leanne??
    She's thinking about what Liz said to her, you have to think what's best for your kid and Nick is good with the baby

How stupid is Leanne??
    She's thinking about what Liz said to her, you have to think what's best for your kid and Nick is good with the baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Those balloons were like something straight out of a psychological thriller movie.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Jeff2 wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote: »
    Is Norris really going

I'd say so for now.

The actor hasn't been well in the past while.

Yeah I didn't think he looked to well in these episodes. I know he's acting being uncertain but still, he looked unwell. I hope he regains his health soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Adam really is gorgeous, successful , dark hair, Scottish accent and Sarah Louise still not sure whether to stick with Gary the scumbag. Some people really need their heads testing.
    Maybe she needs to go to specsavers!

How stupid is Leanne??

Nick has money and the flat, she has nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

I missed a few eps. Is the knicker factory in the commmunity centre building or a different building next to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Community Centre.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Community Centre.

We leads me to my next question. When did the community centre close?

How can David justify stealing Nick's place off of him? Just robbing it blind from his own brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Slightly off-topic but I really like the black and white duster jacket thing that Sarah had on when she was talking to Adam!- anyone know where you can find out where they get the clothes?

On topic- Adam Barlow is 100x better looking than weaselly Gary, and doesn't have any of the baggage of a couple of kids and their babymamas! Why is Sarah hesitating- I'd be all over that like fuzz on a peach :pac:

She's off... I don't think I can stomach 6 more months of it.

• Advertisement

Be great if both Nick and Leanne both got sent down and she lost Ollie to Steve and Tracy

How can David justify stealing Nick's place off of him? Just robbing it blind from his own brother?

It was Audrey’s money that bought it to begin with. There’s like a missing piece/ sense in Nick which convinces him that he is always justified in his actions. The harder he tries to be perfect he never gets it right. This reminds me of the time he convinced Leanne to have the abortion. She falls for his lies every time. She can’t help it.

Shelga wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic but I really like the black and white duster jacket thing that Sarah had on when she was talking to Adam!- anyone know where you can find out where they get the clothes?

I think there is a website as seen in soaps or as seen on screen that you can ask or maybe ITV

I think I was trying to find a jacket one of the guys were wearing before and I found it by googling. It was on some discussions forum. I got the impression some e-emailed the show about it.
    I think it cost over €600. So I didn't get it.

On topic- Adam Barlow is 100x better looking than weaselly Gary, and doesn't have any of the baggage of a couple of kids and their babymamas! Why is Sarah hesitating- I'd be all over that like fuzz on a peach :pac:

https://www.soapstyle.co.uk/blog/category/coronation-street/

Don’t think it’s on it now but check back few days later and it might be uploaded.

• Advertisement

Cheznay going on about the costs of the babies but in the pub early (it seemed), gives Jenny the money and says keep the change.
    Tim and Steve dress the horse as a unicorn and hire it out for kids parties.
    Metro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

I hope Natalie hasn't gone for good, I would love to see her turn up again

Gemmas disgusting eating was back again last night, I had hoped she would have morning sickness the whole way through to spare us :o

They better make her bump huge so it’s actually looks realistic that she’s carrying quads.

magicray wrote: »
    Gemmas disgusting eating was back again last night, I had hoped she would have morning sickness the whole way through to spare us :o

I'm having evening sickness looking at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

They better make her bump huge so it’s actually looks realistic that she’s carrying quads.
    At teach her how to walk like a woman who is actually pregnant. Will never forget Leanne and her infamous waddle. !

I’m sure Jane Dawson practiced that one !!

The actor who played Brian Tisley(Christopher Quinten) who is 61 has got engaged to his 21 year old girlfriend!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    It was Audrey’s money that bought it to begin with. There’s like a missing piece/ sense in Nick which convinces him that he is always justified in his actions. The harder he tries to be perfect he never gets it right. This reminds me of the time he convinced Leanne to have the abortion. She falls for his lies every time. She can’t help it.

Ticks a lot of boxes on the Psychopath personality type checklist

Postgrad10 wrote: »

But it was already being handled by the criminal justice system. Now he's facing punishment twice. I cannot imagine being that sly.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Where the f*ck is that phone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement