Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

The actor who played Brian Tisley(Christopher Quinten) who is 61 has got engaged to his 21 year old girlfriend!

The poor girls been hospitalized with sunstroke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gemma don't want ginger babies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭kjbsrah1

Was there 2 episodes tonight? Only one on the Virgin player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Gary has the healing power of wolverine from x-men. Gone from battered to a graze in a few days. I’m finding myself less and less interested in the storylines as they go along. I hope this new family bring a few decent story lines

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

I didn't see any tonight.
    If your referring to Emmerdale then yes there was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

kjbsrah1 wrote: »

i saw one as well but was dated 12th June, perhaps they had tonight's first one up a day early

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

magicray wrote:
    Gemmas disgusting eating was back again last night, I had hoped she would have morning sickness the whole way through to spare us

Her eating habits are revolting. No excuse for it. Any chance Chesney can tell her??! Shovelling the food into her mouth..I can hardly bear to look at her.. she's so unreasonably bad tempered too. I feel like changing channels every scene she's in! God forbid they bring 4 kids into the world...is this storyline actually meant to be funny??! They'll get a handout from Freshcoes for advertising and that'll be them sorted with nappies.
    Can just visualise the middle class producers tittering away into their China mugs as they thought of it..."how completely, honest to goodness hil-aaar-ious is this ideah chaps??? Let's run it up the flagpole and see how this one sticks!"
    Even the thoughts of her being an established long term, awful chavvy pyjamas in the supermarket type character is depressing.
    Bet the the other actors will enjoy 4 squawling babies on site too.. 24/7!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Ann22 wrote: »
    Her eating habits are revolting. No excuse for it. Any chance Chesney can tell her??! Shovelling the food into her mouth..I can hardly bear to look at her.. she's so unreasonably bad tempered too. I feel like changing channels every scene she's in! God forbid they bring 4 kids into the world...is this storyline actually meant to be funny??! They'll get a handout from Freshcoes for advertising and that'll be them sorted with nappies.
    Can just visualise the middle class producers tittering away into their China mugs as they thought of it..."how completely, honest to goodness hil-aaar-ious is this ideah chaps??? Let's run it up the flagpole and see how this one sticks!"
    Even the thoughts of her being an established long term, awful chavvy pyjamas in the supermarket type character is depressing.

It's a dreadful storyline. She will be bordering on abusive/negflectful as a parent, yet, she seems to be hailed as "a great mum" wtf???

Also, how in the name of God did she think she could house herself and 4 babies in Rita's?????? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ann22 wrote: »

I'd imagine (and hope) her babies will be as infrequently seen as the rest of the children on the show and will prompt regular questions about who is looking after them while their parents and extended family are in the pub! For example I had completely forgotten that Sinead had a baby until she wandered by with a buggy recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Maybe Gemma will give her 4 babies up for adoption? Or maybe she will eat them? I wouldn't put it past her.

I think Corrie needs to introduce a My Fair Lady-type storyline, with Ken teaching Gemma how to be a well-mannered, young lady. Or even just teaching how to eat, how to reduce her volume a bit, and how to close her mouth more often.

Is Billy still shagging Paul or is that over?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Given that twins are usually used to play the role of 1 small child, I wonder how the casting dept is going to manage the quads!

Maybe Gemma will give her 4 babies up for adoption? Or maybe she will eat them? I wouldn't put it past her.

I think Corrie needs to introduce a My Fair Lady-type storyline, with Ken teaching Gemma how to be a well-mannered, young lady. Or even just teaching how to eat, how to reduce her volume a bit, and how to close her mouth more often.

Is Billy still shagging Paul or is that over?

Gemma should have got with Daniel, he could educate her :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

How does Steve know the new neighbour boy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gemma should have got with Daniel, he could educate her :p

She's a prime candidate for 'Ladette to Lady'

Gary looking for a job within a 10 second commute of his home again. It would be like me looking for work on the road in my estate :pac:

• Advertisement

I get the impression that Gary is on the road to the dark side: it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up taking over that loan shark's business or similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

He's one of the three lads that got Steves taxi and Steve thought they were going to do a runner and got a baseball Bath out the boot.

Then accidentally knocked him down with the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Jeff2 wrote: »

He's one of the three lads that got Steves taxi and Steve thought they were going to do a runner and got a baseball Bath out the boot.

Then accidentally knocked him down with the car.

Wasnt Steve that hit him it was another car as he was running away from Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

gwalk wrote: »
    Wasnt Steve that hit him it was another car as he was running away from Steve

Cheers, I didn't pay as much attention these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Sally looks about 14 in that riding gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Great, another minority family that are "just like white people".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm just watching now. How does Ken expect them to do work on their house without making noise.
    You'd swear it was the middle of the night and it's only going on with a day.

I'm just watching now. How does Ken expect them to do work on their house without making noise.
    You'd swear it was the middle of the night and it's only going on with a day.

Kenny is moany

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Such an insipid and empty introduction of a family. Of zero interest. Of zero appeal. They only add to the utter uselessness of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

One member of the family is played by Lorna Laidlaw, who previously played Mrs Tembe in Doctors

Evelyn "Steve is a simpleton" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Can someone explain how Natalie got to live in such an amazing house.. she referred to it as "my house" and really what was the whole point of the look alike being there when David and whats her name turned up???

Gary looking for a job within a 10 second commute of his home again. It would be like me looking for work on the road in my estate

And he was turned down out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Finally, at least Sarah got it on with Adam and wasn’t consumed by stupid guilt over Gary, which is what I was expecting. She needs to tell him their relationship is as dead as a dodo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I like the new family, they’re a badly needed breath of fresh air.

• Advertisement

Shockingly, Corrie was actually good tonight. I liked the reunion scene with Robert and Kym, and Robert and Northern Irish bird: well written and acted. Daniel and Adam back in tandem too: nice to get a break from Gemma! I think Beth could be a really good character too if she wasn't marooned on thick island with Kirk and the likes. Abi is still a freak: she's like a chavvy Bugs Bunny.

Sarah is finally developing as a character. I hope it continues: she has done nothing for years.

Robert's ex is preganat, I guess. Can't anyone use contraception properly in Corrie?

Next week looks like it's going to be Gary's full turn to the darkside. No way back for Anakin Windass after this I think. He may become a new Pat Phelan :)

Curlysue76 wrote: »

Watching tonight's episode now. The mother of the new family mentioned that she works in a pharmacy, so outside the usual workplaces of street residents. I wonder how long that'll last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Shock horror. She may actually be a pharmacist !!

Curlysue76 wrote: »

I do also

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Shock horror. She may actually be a pharmacist !!

But how long before she totally abandons her past life to take up a job selling sweets in the Kabin or something else on the Street.

Sparko wrote:
    But how long before she totally abandons her past life to take up a job selling sweets in the Kabin or something else on the Street.

And as sure as night follows day that is going to happen. And the mother is going to have a sister who in a few months will happen across the street and will eventually shack up with Dev. She will fall pregnant. The youngest son will hook up with Bethany. Already we had the other jackass of a son trying to court forty two year Michelle. It's written in the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Has to be the knicker factory. Casual conversation, no CV needed... "I can do a mean decorative seam me chuck..."

"You're hired, start tomorrow."

P. S. When Sinead was talking at the beginning last night I hadn't a clue what she was on about. I missed Teletext 888 for subtitles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

has Sinead beaten cancer? I thought she was at deaths door a while back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

casio4 wrote:
    has Sinead beaten cancer? I thought she was at deaths door a while back

She rang a bell to signify the end of her treatment a while ago. I don't remember any updates.

How old is Bertie meant to be now? He looked huge last night, especially for a premature baby

• Advertisement

Cash_Q wrote: »
    She rang a bell to signify the end of her treatment a while ago. I don't remember any updates.

How old is Bertie meant to be now? He looked huge last night, especially for a premature baby

Didn’t she say that she’s going for an MRI scan. I’d imagine that she’s far from ok.

When is someone going to knock off that stupid smirk on Adam's face?

Has to be the knicker factory. Casual conversation, no CV needed... "I can do a mean decorative seam me chuck..."

"You're hired, start tomorrow."

P. S. When Sinead was talking at the beginning last night I hadn't a clue what she was on about. I missed Teletext 888 for subtitles.

I'm the same with Sinead: I didn't know what she was saying to Beth last night. She sounds like Donald Duck on Xanax.

She actually sounds like that in real life. Not even put on at all. She’s going for a check up MRI so the cancer hasn’t totally been forgotten about yet.

Why can’t Adam just get a nice girl who likes him for him for a change. Surely he could meet someone through his profession. Sarah is just using him. As did Eva.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Why can’t Adam just get a nice girl who likes him for him for a change. Surely he could meet someone through his profession. Sarah is just using him. As did Eva.

In fairness, if i had hotties like Sarah Lou or Eva throwing themselves at me, id be in no hurry to settle down :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Didn’t she say that she’s going for an MRI scan. I’d imagine that she’s far from ok.

Ah right I missed that, I tend to tune out when she speaks :P

Cash_Q wrote: »

I thought she was cured
    but may have changed now the actress is leaving

Loving the new family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

For some reason Beth looked very unsteady on her feet around all through the episode, honestly thought she was getting her kebab after a few drinks.

Oh great, flipping fantastic, another pregnancy drama. It had only been, what, two episodes since that last one kicked off...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

When the deal runs out with Compare the market, Clearblue should step in. As has been said umpteen times does ANYBODY EVER use any protection!!!

Copy and paste this to the EE thread too. (",)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement