Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Angela Griffin coming back as Fiona Middleton...
    with a grown daughter in tow and will tell Super-sperm Steve McDonald that he is the father.

The Sun.
    Seemingly the daughter is Emma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

kitten_k wrote: »

Good casting if that’s right. She’s not been gone that long though, has she?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

with a grown daughter in tow and will tell Super-sperm Steve McDonald that he is the father.

The Sun.

That's being rumored with a long time. I hope it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Sure they might as well take Denise back too. ( well they did have back for a short while for Daniel). Wasn’t it Denise’s hair salon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Evelyn is growing on me, her scenes with Roy were quite nice.

• Advertisement

I was actually saying that this evening. Corrie are lucky to have her.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Did anyone else see the crucifix in the soil when Gary was scrabbling for it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Gary's an idiot.... Jesus, why didn't Rob just tell Michelle what's going on, it's going to come out eventually.

kitten_k wrote: »

The Sun.

Ooh I was thinking new boy James Bailey was living with his grandparents !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Isn't that a new kid playing Jake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Why does every scene with Kevin's one-legged kid involve him kicking a football around with middle-aged men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think the main reason Robert is lying and won’t tell Michelle is more that he doesn’t want Vicky to find out hes back with Michelle cause he’d be scared she could get an abortion or not allow him to be part of the child’s life.

He did tell her the reason they couldn’t be in a relationship is because he is not in the right place not because he’s back with Michelle.

The Sun.

Charles Dance made a good point about how good writing makes good characters in a GoT interview i seen. On this same note, Part of me thinks Angela Griffin is going to be totally obliterated by the writing in her second coming.

We're meant to be in for a Domestic abuse story line with
    Jeff and Yasmeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Corrie consulted abuse experts about coercive control so I hope they do a good job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

We're meant to be in for a Domestic abuse story line with

He's quite controlling actually, recently moaning she hasn't enough time for him. I didn't think she was so keen on him that she'd put up with any crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Gary's an idiot.... Jesus, why didn't Rob just tell Michelle what's going on, it's going to come out eventually.

Plus Michelle and Robert were on a break when he got with Vicky

Just catching up now. That ultrasound scene brought back very sad memories.

Robert keeping yet another secret is exasperating. Id like to shake him til his teeth rattle! If he was honest straightaway he has a chance Michelle would accept it. As she's been feeling bad about not agreeing to have his child, down the line it should be a positive thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ann22 wrote: »
    Robert keeping yet another secret is exasperating. Id like to shake him til his teeth rattle! If he was honest straightaway he has a chance Michelle would accept it. As she's been feeling bad about not agreeing to have his child, down the line it should be a positive thing.

They broke up. Totally acceptable that he'd have another relationship after they broke up (Michelle dumped him right?) and I'm surprised he kept it so quiet in general. So I totally agree with what you're saying, it's just drama for the sake of drama but I guess we have to expect that in a soap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^^ Deja vú.
    Oliver was conceived by Steve and Leanne when Steve and Michelle were on a 'break'.

To thine own self be true

Gary always has money trouble then when he gets it he wastes it

GemNay saving for the babies again in the pub.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I'd love a kebab now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Gary is some fcuking ass, envelope full of cash,leaving 15/16 quid of a tip, handing over cash to Izzy all in public when everyone knows he's not working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Also looked like a few grand in the safe, why did he leave it there if he is permanently broke.

And surely they need to drop the whole 'I tried looking everywhere, can't find a laboring job' schtick in the middle of a building boom in Manchester.

Izzy should have pushed/strong armed him in to a job centre. In Corrie , jobs have to jump up and hit on the head or you have to blackmail someone in to giving you a job. I’m already bored with Tim’s father and Yasmeen. Yawn.

And does it have to be a building job? He's wandering around like an oul bull in a fog so where is he looking? Collect trollies in ASDA, forkilft driving... Warehouse helper. I'm actually getting annoyed. :o

And does it have to be a building job? He's wandering around like an oul bull in a fog so where is he looking? Collect trollies in ASDA, forkilft driving... Warehouse helper. I'm actually getting annoyed. :o

He probally has the chip on his shoulder because that's his profession and he has to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

KevRossi wrote:
    Also looked like a few grand in the safe, why did he leave it there if he is permanently broke.

KevRossi wrote:
    And surely they need to drop the whole 'I tried looking everywhere, can't find a laboring job' schtick in the middle of a building boom in Manchester.

But you forgot it had to be on Coronation Street or Victoria Street. Possibly near the Red Rec but nothing further afield. It's the rule.

He should take up barbering. And doesn’t he have a fitness qualification ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Come on Gaz, if Chesney could afford to buy his house selling a few manky old dog bowls at a market stall, you can support yourself, with your experience in personal training, private security and construction. Though how you could protect anyone in Ukraine considering the frequency with which he gets the stuffing knocked out of him by the likes of David Platt, Roy Cropper, Rick Neelan and a string of bouncers and nightclub bullies, is beyond me.

I was certain Yasmeen was a tea totaller just a couple of weeks ago.

Corrie consulted abuse experts about coercive control so I hope they do a good job of it.

It was well done there the way they showed the signs of controlling behaviour starting....what a dickhead!! Poor Yasmeen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭snowgal

no sure she went on abit of a mad one with Sally and the gals that day they decided to buy the horse..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

As a Muslim woman, is that not expected of her?
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I know Alya doesn't drink and her brother didn't for a long time either until he got dumped so I just assumed they didn't.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just catching up now. That ultrasound scene brought back very sad memories.
    Hope you are ok.

snowgal wrote: »

no sure she went on abit of a mad one with Sally and the gals that day they decided to buy the horse..........

Which was a couple of weeks ago.

Speed Daal is not even BYOB, its tea of Mango lassi. They made a big point about that some time ago.
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I know Alya doesn't drink and her brother didn't for a long time either until he got dumped so I just assumed they didn't.

It really varies. I have holidayed in a few Muslim countries and some people are teetotalers and some drink wine or beer. Spirits are generally a no-go.

Either way, I'm pretty sure, 6 months ago Yasmeen didn't drink - at all. It's to facilitate this whole controlling behavior storyline thats coming up.

Ann22 wrote: »

It was well done there the way they showed the signs of controlling behaviour starting....what a dickhead!! Poor Yasmeen..
    I hate Jeff.

Hope you are ok.

Thanks. It was almost 30 years ago but felt like yesterday when I saw that scene. Life, eh?

• Advertisement

Hope you are ok.

Thanks. It was almost 30 years ago but felt like yesterday when I saw that scene. Life, eh?
    Yeah. I know what you mean. !

I hate Gemma and Chesney. Does anyone actually give a **** about these characters? I feel sorry for the quads that will have them f*ckwits as parents.

Steve and Tim should start a fight club. Gary can join it too, although he'd probably lose to everybody.

Steve looks like a guy that has shat himself on numerous occasions.

I think Gail might be amphibious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Hot hot hot Adam Barlow and Sarah’s blossoming romance has my attention. Literally every scene, I mentally commend this fictional character for dumping that loser Gary and switching to the far far superior and better looking Adam.

Jeff is absolutely horrible and I really hope this storyline with controlling Yasmeen doesn’t go on and on and on.

Shelga wrote: »
    Hot hot hot Adam Barlow and Sarah’s blossoming romance has my attention. Literally every scene, I mentally commend this fictional character for dumping that loser Gary and switching to the far far superior and better looking Adam.

Jeff is absolutely horrible and I really hope this storyline with controlling Yasmeen doesn’t go on and on and on.

I hope Yasmeen ends up killing Jeff. And then, racked with guilt, she tops herself. Again, two rubbish characters nobody cares about.

I'm looking forward to the corruption of Anakin Windass. He's better as a sh*thead than as a sympathetic character anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Did anyone see exactly what Gary gave Jenny? Just want to know if he was wrong or right about giving her a €20?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

I was half watching did Geoff organise the mugging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Alya drunk when she went off with Jason?

magicray wrote: »
    I was half watching did Geoff organise the mugging?

Yes he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

fin12 wrote: »
    Did anyone see exactly what Gary gave Jenny? Just want to know if he was wrong or right about giving her a €20?

He gave her £10, there was a close up shot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I'm disliking the Jeff and Yasmeen story and not looking forward to when it gets more serious but I will admit that Jeff is playing the part well. I hope Tim disowns him when the story ends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement