Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

magicray wrote: »
    I was half watching did Geoff organise the mugging?

Yes he did
    I missed that part because I was flicking.
    There was no way I would have thought he arranged that.
    What did he do?
    Look up the yellow pages for shady characters?!
    That's a step way too far. This story is gathering speed too quickly.
    They should have spent months letting it simmer instead of turning him into a psycho in a week.
    Like the backstory with Gary, building up for him to go batshyt crazy.
    Geoff, an evil old age pensioner!
    Can you hear me laughing from there?!
    Worst story ever.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Must say though..
    Tom is looking hot with the shaved head.
    Can't resist a bald man, me!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I was thinking the same. They launch into a story then it's gone. Geoff 0-pscycho in 2 days.

In other news. Where's Seb and Alina. Off in B&Q getting more shelves?

Bobski the builder sick of Eileen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I actually like where the Geoff story is going. I suspect he'll have her locking herself away in her home soon enough..
    However, it was a bit of a flick of a switch. As others have said, there was no build up, just suddenly, boom, he's now a controlling as$hole..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Sure nobody stays true to their character in that show anymore. Maybe Tracey and Mary. Wasn’t Mary a psycho stalker of Norris at first, she kept him captured somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Sure nobody stays true to their character in that show anymore. Maybe Tracey and Mary. Wasn’t Mary a psycho stalker of Norris at first, she kept him captured somewhere.

Yeah, they've glossed over that. I think Mary became quite popular so they decided to keep her around and make her less psychotic and more comedic.

Hope Steve is made work in the florest with Mary more. It would be some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I don't think Jeff organised the mugging. I thought the guy was just sitting in the restaurant and heard about her taking the money to the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I actually like where the Geoff story is going. I suspect he'll have her locking herself away in her home soon enough.. However, it was a bit of a flick of a switch. As others have said, there was no build up, just suddenly, boom, he's now a controlling as$hole..

I too like this story.. I never liked him actually. A bit demanding from the start I think and insecure. I think It's believable that he'd go down this road to make her dependent on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Muslims , like Christians, can pick and choose what bits of their religion to keep. Alya had taken a drop i believe but generally she's law abiding as it were. Still, she doesn't wear a veil and has a modern approach to her dress sense.

This wouldn't go down well with the fundamentalist element.

Dev is another case in point. I think he's a Muslim but as we all know he has a western valued outlook certainly when it concerns alcohol..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think Jeff organised the mugging. I thought the guy was just sitting in the restaurant and heard about her taking the money to the bank.

Was the mugger Vicky's son?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I think Jeff is the mugger.....wasnt he sneaking around??

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

bobbyss wrote: »
    Muslims , like Christians, can pick and choose what bits of their religion to keep. Alya had taken a drop i believe but generally she's law abiding as it were. Still, she doesn't wear a veil and has a modern approach to her dress sense.

This wouldn't go down well with the fundamentalist element.

Dev is another case in point. I think he's a Muslim but as we all know he has a western valued outlook certainly when it concerns alcohol..

Almost Sure Dev is Hindu , Didnt he and sunita have a Hindi Wedding ?

Yes Dev is Hindu. There was a thing years ago and he was served steak in a restaurant (pre bistro) and he screamed out about serving steak to a Hindu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Defo wasnt Jeff,pretty sure it wasnt vickys son either,he was a skinny lad,Jeff night have organised it

• Advertisement

Defo wasnt Jeff,pretty sure it wasnt vickys son either,he was a skinny lad,Jeff night have organised it

It was the lad watching her in speed dhal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

jimmyw wrote: »

He was sneaking around following her after she had been mugged, in an attempt to scare her off leaving the house by herself as part of his attempt to control her.

I really didn't see it as if he had orchestrated the whole thing, more that he is taking advantage of the situation after the fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

jimmyw wrote: »

You literally see that the mugger was the lad Yasmeen served before loudly discussing dropping cash off to the bank. The camera even focuses on him listening to her and Alya.

I love Evelyn she’s so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

threetrees wrote: »
    I'm disliking the Jeff and Yasmeen story and not looking forward to when it gets more serious but I will admit that Jeff is playing the part well. I hope Tim disowns him when the story ends.

Yeah I'm not liking it either. Poor Yasmeen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Was that guy who was with Alia the one who mugged Jazzmans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Was that guy who was with Alia the one who mugged Jazzmans?
    Yeah I thought so too, I thought Jeff arranged the mugging but then how did the same guy end up in the house with Alya? Maybe Jeff persuaded him to befriend her. I think we need a bit more background to this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

threetrees wrote:
    Yeah I thought so too, I thought Jeff arranged the mugging but then how did the same guy end up in the house with Alya? Maybe Jeff persuaded him to befriend her. I think we need a bit more background to this one!

Completely different person. Mugger was caught, wasn't arranged by Jeff, mugged 3 others. Jeff is just trying to manipulate the situation to keep Yasmeen feeling scared.
    Obviously Jeff taking the stuff as Alia slept but making it look like it was one of the lads so Yasmeen won't feel safe at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Ok that's more logical. I'm only half watching!!

smaoifs wrote:
    Completely different person. Mugger was caught, wasn't arranged by Jeff, mugged 3 others. Jeff is just trying to manipulate the situation to keep Yasmeen feeling scared. Obviously Jeff taking the stuff as Alia slept but making it look like it was one of the lads so Yasmeen won't feel safe at all.

What are the sleeping arrangements in the house? Alya sleeps on the sofa?

I think it can only be to facilitate this theft thing. Maybe she'll be saying she had a few drinks and crashed out.

If I'm to believe a middle-classed Asian restaurant co-owner is sleeping on a sofa I think I'm done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think it can only be to facilitate this theft thing. Maybe she'll be saying she had a few drinks and crashed out.

If I'm to believe a middle-classed Asian restaurant co-owner is sleeping on a sofa I think I'm done with it.

Sure Audrey owns two salons and slept on her employee's sofa :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

So nice friendly Jeff has turned into a psycho. That was sudden.

I'm with you on that.

I noticed she was drinking some kind of orange juice when they returned to the house. Although only Allah knows what was consumed beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

Didn't Geoff say he was moving to the spare room the other night - maybe thats her room ?

• Advertisement

Do Cathy and Brian live there too?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I think they're in the other flat over The Kabin, next to Rita's.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28231724/coronation-street-asha-alahan-illegal-skin-bleachin-storyline/

Coronation Street to highlight dangers of illegal skin bleaching in big new storyline

Interesting storyline

Have they reached every topic possible yet? They’ve even covered the dangers of quicksand.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Have they reached every topic possible yet? They’ve even covered the dangers of quicksand.

At least it’s an original storyline

Sparko wrote: »
    I think they're in the other flat over The Kabin, next to Rita's.

Two flats there?

Two flats there?

Yes, Jason Grimshaw owned it at one stage, also Julie Carp lived there with Brian previously.

Alec Gilroy lived there years ago and I think he had a door to connect it to Rita's when they were going out with each other.

JP Liz V1 wrote:

Christ knows. That's a mastermind question. Why don't they simply add an extra ten houses to the street and be done with all this business of everybody on top of each other.

And this new family that has landed feel the need to rebuild their new house. What exactly was wrong with it anyway?

Those old terraces wouldn’t have good insulation:) not to mention there was a dodgy builder who said there was something wrong with the roof tiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

And this new family that has landed feel the need to rebuild their new house. What exactly was wrong with it anyway?

They basically stripped it out. Probably put in new radiators, dry lined it, windows,kitchen. I wouldn't blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Christ knows. That's a mastermind question. Why don't they simply add an extra ten houses to the street and be done with all this business of everybody on top of each other.

It was fairly old in its decor to be fair and small in its downstairs. It wouldn't be the first to be opened up to remove the pokey front bedroom for a larger and more modern living room, see also Number 5 (Chesney) and Number 7 (Dev).

Given what appears to be a massive downgrade to a small terraced council house from the nice big house we saw when the older son brought Michelle back, my prediction is that it will be revealed that one of the older son's moneymaking schemes backfired and lost the family a ton of money necessitating the sale of the bigger house and move to Coronation Street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Tracy Shaw(Maxine) and Brian Capron(Richard) were on loose women together on Friday!
    It's scary how the time has flown when the scenes aired she was 29 and he was 55. Now they are 45 and 72!

That Jeff is as bad as phelan. Pure evil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Aw, for a second there I thought that meant that this Geoff storyline wasn't going to drag on til Christmas.

No such luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

That Jeff is as bad as phelan. Pure evil.

Throughout his second stint on the show, Phelan extracted Jason's inheritance to mastermind the "Calcutta Street" flats scam project and went on to defraud several residents of the Weatherfield community; caused the death of Eileen's ex-boyfriend Michael Rodwell (Les Dennis) by watching him die of a heart attack without providing help; blackmailed and then locked up Michael's surrogate son Andy Carver (Oliver Farnworth) in a cellar for ten months after appearing to have killed him on his wedding day; became a prime suspect of causing Ken Barlow (William Roache) to fall down the stairs; reunited with his long-lost daughter Nicola Rubinstein (Nicola Thorp), who proceeded to bond with Phelan until she ended up learning that he had previously raped her mother Annabel; [2]; kidnapped his ex-business partner Vinny Ashford (Ian Kelsey) and forced Andy to murder Vinny with a gun, before shooting Andy dead himself; murdered Andy's best friend Luke Britton (Dean Fagan) following a spectacular car chase between them; and framed Anna for pushing his apprentice Seb Franklin (Harry Visinoni) off a ladder in retribution for turning Nicola against him, which resulted in her four-month imprisonment.

Has a bit to go yet I'd say...

It's kind of ridiculous how they just turn him into a psychopath overnight though.

• Advertisement

Is Tim's mother alive?

Is Tim's mother alive?
    Probably buried under a patio somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

It's kind of ridiculous how they just turn him into a psychopath overnight though.

He's more of a sociopath than a psychopath I think and he always had the trait, he was just never in the place to truly express it. Getting Alaya out of the house, and getting Yasmeen to trust him more than he trusts Alaya is just another major step.

I've seen this behaviour before a few times, I've been the victim of it a few times - someone joining a circle of friends manages to get the group to reject a few of the existing circle by spinning a web of lies. It's an interesting story IMO, I hope they deal with it properly and move it along at a proper pace.

At the end Geoff was saying 'our house', it seems he has his feet well and truly under the table now.
    Is Tim's mother alive?

Never mentioned if she is dead or alive IIRC. Potential to come to Corrie to sort out the whole Geoff mess (including clearing up the Mr. Biscuits story) and Yasmeen giving it the whole "How could I have been so stupid" line.

It looks like Ryan and Alya will get together as will Ali and Maria, what happened to Ryan and Bethany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

so, I thought Geoff maybe might have been doing all this because he was feeling unwanted/un-needed by yasmin and trying to show her that "she needs him around" .. but it all seems more sinister than just that now

just hope it doesnt drag on for months and months though - although on the other hand i dont want the story to come to the end overnight either . if they get the balance right , could be a pretty good storyline.

Just pre-empting in the voice of yasmin in her overacted stretched out every word "Whyyyyy didnt I listen to you Alyyyyyiaaaa ????" ....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement