Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

No Toyah or Olly or Simon at Leanne's birthday bash

Does Leanne still work for Imran and Adam?

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Tim's mother alive?

She's alive alright, so the door is open for her to make an appearance.

https://coronationstreet.fandom.com/wiki/Tess_Metcalfe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I prefer Bethany and Ryan to be honest. And Ali should get a girlfriend that we don’t already know and hadn’t been out with every other character on the street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ali has never been a convincing doctor to me , I think his look of his character and his swagger and the way he looks and talks would be more attuned to a drug seller character selling drugs on the corner of the street, or maybe coming in with Gary windass in the money lending game... - they could turn him into that character overnight as well which is what corrie seems to be good at lately ....

Ali has never been a convincing doctor to me , I think his look of his character and his swagger and the way he looks and talks would be more attuned to a drug seller character selling drugs on the corner of the street, or maybe coming in with Gary windass in the money lending game... - they could turn him into that character overnight as well which is what corrie seems to be good at lately ....

Good description. I watched Happy Valley last week. First scene is a druggie on top of the swings in the playground threatening to set himself on fire. The actor is.... Dr. Ali. Stupid casting. He's like the Oasis drummer that got sacked for being drunk.

Corrie old and new. (1:15 in.)

One of the Maguires from Shameless :p

One of the Maguires from Shameless :p

did he used to be in shameless then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Kirk is back next week. I wonder did anyone actually miss him.

did he used to be in shameless then?

James Burrows other television credits include Doctors, Casualty, Skins, Emmerdale, Silent Witness, My Mad Fat Diary, Father Brown, Fresh Meat, Mount Pleasant and Love, Lies and Records.

James Burrows other television credits include Doctors, Casualty, Skins, Emmerdale, Silent Witness, My Mad Fat Diary, Father Brown, Fresh Meat, Mount Pleasant and Love, Lies and Records.

oh, he's done the rounds then !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28231724/coronation-street-asha-alahan-illegal-skin-bleachin-storyline/

Coronation Street to highlight dangers of illegal skin bleaching in big new storyline

Interesting storyline

It's interesting in the modern-day context where everything is racist that they would cover a story where someone is essentially rejecting their race.

I do think, however, it's a bit of a weakness in Coronation Street that they struggle to do the more mundane story lines well. They deal with "issues" a lot but the rest is really people publicly dropping double-entrendres about how they shagged each other.

I watched an episode recently where Steve/Tracy, Robert/Michelle and Sarah/Adam were going on about what they did last night and how the performance was - all in just the first half of the programme. Tiresome sh1te. Also the inability of Sarah and Adam to be in the same room without a big smooching session is now boring. Then a conversation between Adam and his Uncle about Sarah...…"is it because she's fit?...…………Well, she's absolutely gorgeous"...….(Really, who cares?)

FFS, who decides to write this stuff? Can they not possibly think of even some middle-of-the-road ordinary life story without it being a shag-fest or a botched cringy attempt at humour. Maybe they are over-stretching themselves at so many episodes per week.

Oh, and just an observation...…………..hats off the Gary for his forbearance with Adam. When Adam tries to look hard with the eyes peering out from the tilted down head you have to be made of iron to resist the temptation to drop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

God they really didn't think this 'barber shop as a new set' through did they.

The most tenuous of reasons they are trying to find to have an influx of constant customers. The local mechanic having a wet shave on a Wednesday evening. Sounds legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

God they really didn't think this 'barber shop as a new set' through did they.

The most tenuous of reasons they are trying to find to have an influx of constant customers. The local mechanic having a wet shave on a Wednesday evening. Sounds legit.

plus Ali and Adam having a game and not having a shave or haircut, Ali has been in twice for a haircut and still hasn't had one

casio4 wrote: »
    plus Ali and Adam having a game and not having a shave or haircut, Ali has been in twice for a haircut and still hasn't had one

It’s not a haircut he’s after!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Wtf is Geoff playing at, with that massive creepy photo of Khal above the stairs.

Surely Alya will point out how messed up it is??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    One of the Maguires from Shameless

He wasn't in Shameless. If you're thinking of Mickey Maguire, his name is Ciarán Griffiths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

casio4 wrote:

A doctor and a solicitor too! Funny that Adam should say : 'Some of us have work to do'. Haven't seen Adam in his office for a long time. Only skulking around the place with that stupid smirk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Whoever casted Ali as a doctor needs to be shot. At best he looks like a used car salesman, at worst, a coke dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Beth is a hateful ungrateful wench..as is Izzy. Horrible hoard of greedy cackling witches!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ann22 wrote: »
    Beth is a hateful ungrateful wench..as is Izzy. Horrible hoard of greedy cackling witches!

The factory staff have always been awful, going on strike at the drop of a hat. I'd have sacked the lot of em and outsourced years ago!

He wasn't in Shameless. If you're thinking of Mickey Maguire, his name is Ciarán Griffiths.

Yes I know he wasn't but he kinda looks a mix of Mickey and Jamie Maguire, could be another scummy brother :P

Was Tina Malone (Mimi Maguire) in talks to join Corrie as a relative of Tyrone or Fiz?

Absolutely. Add alcohol in to the picture and it brings it out worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think every area has a Beth!

I didn’t get what was happening with Beth. Was she jealous of the baby? Or Ken? Or baby and Ken?

did anything ever come of that photo she took of the baby? - did she win the competition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Just back from me holliers and I was going to catch up with Corrie. Judging by the thread it's not worth my while. Doesn't look as if I missed much

Didn’t miss a thing. Just Gary being Gary and Robert lying as usual.

and Carla , made a fantastic recovery from her paranoia in such a short time ....

At least she came back without looking like she had her hair done.

so is Jeff setting Alya and Yazmeen up by planting this fella in the restaurant to get them to cater his party? I thought the whole Platt/Tilsley get together in the house was supposed to be funny but it wasn't, although I did laugh when 'the lady' hit Audrey in the back of the head

• Advertisement

so is Jeff setting Alya and Yazmeen up by planting this fella in the restaurant to get them to cater his party? I thought the whole Platt/Tilsley get together in the house was supposed to be funny but it wasn't, although I did laugh when 'the lady' hit Audrey in the back of the head

You can’t speak to your holding Gail’s lady lol

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I didn’t get what was happening with Beth. Was she jealous of the baby? Or Ken? Or baby and Ken?

Beth and Ken affair :p

Kirk arrives back to them making out in the peace garden ;)

Pointless and Tipping Point aren't on at the same time. Would have been better if she said she wanted the one with Bradley Walsh. (",)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Pointless and Tipping Point aren't on at the same time. Would have been better if she said she wanted the one with Bradley Walsh. (",)

..would have been better if she was talking about Coronation Street.

Gail will return with a Thai (Lady) Boy :p

Nick was attacked, his suit taken :rolleyes:

Emma and Tracy clashing, I wonder why now

Go Gail ! Leave them to it.

get a haircut Gail when your in Thailand ... :)

You can’t speak to your holding Gail’s lady lol

Sarah-Louise so wanted to burst out laughing in that scene you could tell ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Robert! Put your phone on silent FFS if you're trying to keep a secret from your OH

• Advertisement

Poor Vicky won't get her bananas

Vicky is very demanding keep ringing him like that - is she a bunny boiler ? :D

Vicky is very demanding keep ringing him like that - is she a bunny boiler ? :D

Vicky doesn't seem the type to call a fella if she wants bananas she would go get them herself or send Tyler it's not like she's heavily pregnant and cant go to the shop.I think she brought up Tyler on her own without any man running and getting her bananas:rolleyes: Also if she thinks Robert is still seeing Michelle why doesn't she visit the street anyone would tell her they are still together.What's with the catering party? bet your man doesn't pay them fools

Vicky doesn't seem the type to call a fella if she wants bananas she would go get them herself or send Tyler it's not like she's heavily pregnant and cant go to the shop.I think she brought up Tyler on her own without any man running and getting her bananas:rolleyes: Also if she thinks Robert is still seeing Michelle why doesn't she visit the street anyone would tell her they are still together.What's with the catering party? bet your man doesn't pay them fools

exactly!

who is that bloke who's running the catering party thing? - he looks familiar

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

who is that bloke who's running the catering party thing? - he looks familiar

He looks well dodgy too.

To clarify, I think Tyler was dragged up not brought up.

So Robert is lying again....ffs ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I did think Nick was going to lose the plot and tear his cellmate a new one when he was being leaned on re owing the drug money. Push him and his brain injury too far.. it's just a matter of time!

The residents of Coronation Street (past and present) should have a wing named after them in that prison at this stage..

Gail, Steve, Sally, Sebs Mum, Jim, Fiz, David, Nick, Tracey, Deirdre.. the list goes on!

I couldn’t understand why Robert didn’t order a home delivery of bananas from fresco. Doesn’t he have a job, one that he’ll need to keep to support the baby.

its some kind of judicial system that sends a person to a 'normal' prison with a (supposed) brain injury anyway .. if thats what they were going to play on why 'he couldnt go to prison' why has he been placed there in custody?

• Advertisement

In soap land anything goes. There’s no fact checking or research done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement