Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Who was the fella who bumped into Kevin. Did he rob Kevin's keys as well. ?

Yes he did!
    He's the person who's being robbing Paula's house. He's some connection to Jan(Eileen's new man)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

the radio presenter in Tonights corrie was from BBC1 Holby City - I thought I recognised her from somewhere . For those who watched it she was Dr Digby's ditsy blonde nurse girlfriend

the radio presenter in Tonights corrie was from BBC1 Holby City - I thought I recognised her from somewhere . For those who watched it she was Dr Digby's ditsy blonde nurse girlfriend

She was also Mika Granger in Waterloo Road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Yes he did!
    He's the person who's being robbing Paula's house. He's some connection to Jan(Eileen's new man)

Is Jan involved in this whole human trafficking bit involving that one Seb is interested? In that case, Eileen's bagged herself another bad guy?

jaxxx wrote: »
    Is Jan involved in this whole human trafficking bit involving that one Seb is interested? In that case, Eileen's bagged herself another bad guy?
    Jan is either good or bad. I'm not sure which way they'll play it out yet.

I reckon so .. at this rate she will thinking it must be her that attracts the weirdo men and bad guys - I reckon when she finds out she will be put right off men altogether and turn lesbian or something :)

Jan is either good or bad. I'm not sure which way they'll play it out yet.

maybe he is involved in something that he cannot get out of .. he might want to be good but cannot because of other circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I reckon so .. at this rate she will thinking it must be her that attracts the weirdo men and bad guys - I reckon when she finds out she will be put right off men altogether and turn lesbian or something :)

I dunno about that, but you've definitely turned me off of my sandwich!!

Oh bloody hell Izzy upsetting Gary like then and telling him to move out is not good .. as soon as someone upsets Gary lately his nasty streak comes out in him and he is either gonna take it out on people he lent money to or someone else ...

He is very much Jekyll and Hyde at the moment isnt he ...

• Advertisement

I dunno about that, but you've definitely turned me off of my sandwich!!

Hey - anythings possible , this is Corrie .. and I dunno if you follow EastEnders but yer chav mother one in that in that has just turned! ...

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Izzy, what an annoying, ungrateful cow. Gary gives her money for a new wheelchair and she chucks him out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

The robbing baby fund to give to the mother is just awful :confused:

Pure trailer thrash stuff...not remotely funny.

That whole Kirk bum rash thing was very forced and totally unfunny,hes not a character that I've ever liked,a simpleton!

I know Michelle isnt very popular here but wow, she looked hot in yesterdays eps!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Jan is a baddy. Eileen goes all Miss Marple investigating the nail bar and gets caught. Usual cliff hanger teaser speculating her life will be in danger.

The Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Jan is a baddy. Eileen goes all Miss Marple investigating the nail bar and gets caught. Usual cliff hanger teaser speculating her life will be in danger.

The Sun.

Again?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Gemma's Mom.. "There's room for 2 in my bed Chesney" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Gemma's Mom.. "There's room for 2 in my bed Chesney" :eek::eek::eek::eek:

There's room for 2 in my bed chutney!

The Sun.

i likes the sound of that - Miss Marple of Coronation Street LOL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Ryan Thomas was at JLo’s 50th bday.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/25/ryan-thomas-invited-jennifer-lopezs-50th-birthday-bash-even-cant-believe-10460209/

She seems like a pretty cool person.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »

So, no chance he’ll come home and rescue Eileen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Was he a waiter handing out nibbles? :D

Adam Barlow's nature look!
    67279296_1375600349255456_722691898967326720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmHm5pKaLUatk_w7FM9DrpTmqfJuTrjk-qoNh9fSgDG89iuBhzyl2QE5xPUq1IioT4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=d6375692b4102311a6b353a136b1536f&oe=5DA3F43F

Well I don't know what happened to Adam barlow after he came back to the street, he's got right greasy combed back hair now, it didn't used to be like that I'm sure before he went away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Met him outside a bar in Tenerife a few years ago. He was pretty sound as well.

Well I don't know what happened to Adam barlow after he came back to the street, he's got right greasy combed back hair now, it didn't used to be like that I'm sure before he went away

Speaking as a straight guy when Adam arrived a few years ago he had semi ling hair and looked okay.
    He got it cut then and looked great.
    After his few months off he arrived with that hair and he didn't look as good.

Wife and kids met him at sligo Cannonball run - very accommodating and down to earth .. loads were wanting photos with him and he didnt complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,606 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The should use this on the show, Eileen talking of Jason and his new A List cougar lady

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The should use this on the show, Eileen talking of Jason and his new A List cougar lady

that was funny last month when they featured Lorraine in the episode :D - pretty cringey tho the storyline of Gail shooting her in the leg with the arrow tho

Adam Barlow's nature look!
    67279296_1375600349255456_722691898967326720_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_oc=AQmHm5pKaLUatk_w7FM9DrpTmqfJuTrjk-qoNh9fSgDG89iuBhzyl2QE5xPUq1IioT4&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-1.fna&oh=d6375692b4102311a6b353a136b1536f&oe=5DA3F43F

Is he on set there or on holidays?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭Sparko

Liz casually joking about Tracy being a cold blooded murderer was very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Has Coronation Street ever been weaker? A unicorn. Rich middle class lawyer shacking up in a small working class street. As old as the father of her girlfriend. Never see her office.

A trainee doctor who forever is skulking around the place. Never see him actually do much doctoring. What else? Some woman going naked in front of her daughter's boyfriend. Tim and Steve being followed by probably the most noticeable van in Manchester -Preston's Petals- and being too dim to see it.

Holidays I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

He was in a bar with a few other cast members.

Holidays I'd say.

Is that his natural hair so? That must be some job trying to control. Must need bottles of gel.

Is that his natural hair so? That must be some job trying to control. Must need bottles of gel.

I think so.
    They probably have very good straighteners and a lot of gel/spray and hope he doesn't get wet.

By the way Sally's hot tub was delivered and installed very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭mengele

By the way Sally's hot tub was delivered and installed very fast.

Imagine if fair city had to bring one in as a prop. You never see expensive items o. Fair city like merc cars, hot tubs etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Kevin's fall as he came to the house was very convincing. I wonder was it an out take originally.

• Advertisement

mengele wrote: »
    Imagine if fair city had to bring one in as a prop. You never see expensive items o. Fair city like merc cars, hot tubs etc.

They'd probably bring in a 1998 Merc and put 191 plates on it and they'd think nobody would be able to tell the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I dreamt last night that Andy was back in it and Kevin Webster hit him over the head with a hammer 3 times. Was a quite upsetting. I was there as in real life, like a bystander but not sure they were aware of my presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

spurious wrote: »
    Kevin's fall as he came to the house was very convincing. I wonder was it an out take originally.

I thought it was good too, looked like it hurt too and added to the desperation. Not exactly going to go down in Corrie stunt history though. Sally, goes through a roof, David, rolls a car in midair, Kevin, eats it tripping over his own feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Ann22 wrote:
    I dreamt last night that Andy was back in it and Kevin Webster hit him over the head with a hammer 3 times. Was a quite upsetting. I was there as in real life, like a bystander but not sure they were aware of my presence.

You have dreams about Coronation Street!!!

Jikashi wrote:
    I thought it was good too, looked like it hurt too and added to the desperation. Not exactly going to go down in Corrie stunt history though. Sally, goes through a roof, David, rolls a car in midair, Kevin, eats it tripping over his own feet.

I winced when that happened. I fully expected him to be quite hurt. He looked as if he hurtled at speed into the path. But got up without a bother. How did he manage that?

good scene though kevin running through the streets in desperation to get home.

no repercussions from the police about leaving a 7 year old on his own??

anything could have happened. The house could have burnt down, he could have burnt the house down ...... a burgular could have broken in! ;) - he's a minor! actually no more than that, he is disabled as well !

I can feel something in my water and that is .... Kevin and Seb's mum, Abbie, end up together?

I thought Kevin might end up with Sophie's girlfriend at one time (if she swings both ways) but I doubt that's gonna happen now

God Chesney, Gemma and her mam need to go now

• Advertisement

God Chesney, Gemma and her mam need to go now

And take Kirk and Beth with them.

Sparko wrote: »
    And take Kirk and Beth with them.

Kirk is a spare shell no one wants and Beth is just vile

I am confused at corrie with these story lines of grooming and human trafficking - it seem factually that when I hear of these instances on SkyNews or newspapers the leaders who are up in court do not seem to be of white English descent , they are Pakistani or Indian or black when they are up in court for grooming or human trafficking.

So I am really not being racist or anything like that I am just saying what is being reported in the news in real life is different to what Coronation street have run the 2 stories of grooming (as in Bethany) and now this Trafficking with Alana being carried out with white Manchester instigators. you would think if a soap wanted to cover these kind of storylines that they would make it as true to life and factual as possible

spurious wrote: »

Confirmed as an unintentional fall but he just rolled with it so to speak.

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a28541056/coronation-street-kevin-webster-fall-not-scripted/

I am confused at corrie with these story lines of grooming and human trafficking - it seem factually that when I hear of these instances on SkyNews or newspapers the leaders who are up in court do not seem to be of white English descent , they are Pakistani or Indian or black when they are up in court for grooming or human trafficking.

So I am really not being racist or anything like that I am just saying what is being reported in the news in real life is different to what Coronation street have run the 2 stories of grooming (as in Bethany) and now this Trafficking with Alana being carried out with white Manchester instigators. you would think if a soap wanted to cover these kind of storylines that they would make it as true to life and factual as possible

Remember Eva and Billy saved a slave from some posh couple's house in the last few years too - a client of the factory I think. They're tapping that well a lot.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement