Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Robsweezie wrote: »
    im half expecting jim mcdonald to walk in and announce himself as part of this nordie family, so i am.

"Well there, if it isn't young Jedidiah, so it is"
    "Eh... it's Jed, uncle Jim"
    "Now, now Jedidiah, just because I'm fresh out of the Big House, doesn't mean for you to be cheeky, it does not"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

Who is yer ones mother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Odelay wrote: »
    Who is yer ones mother?

Fiona Middleton as was....

Ex girlfriend of both Steve McDonald and Jim McDonald. Currently in the classic episodes on ITV3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Robsweezie wrote: »
    im half expecting jim mcdonald to walk in and announce himself as part of this nordie family, so i am.

Could Jim be Emma's father?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

my heart was breaking for Emma when she was lying across her dad in the bed crying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭Shelga

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Could Jim be Emma's father?

Hadn’t thought of that. Would be kinda funny if she’s Steve’s aunt and not his daughter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Shelga wrote: »
    Hadn’t thought of that. Would be kinda funny if she’s Steve’s aunt and not his daughter!

His sister, surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Shelga wrote: »

If she's Jim's daughter, that would make her Steve's half sister. :confused:

casio4 wrote: »
    my heart was breaking for Emma when she was lying across her dad in the bed crying

Was he Alan, the detective that Fiona was with?

719619_corrie_a4e9077e112ddd2207046cf4a5d93fb2.jpg

If she's Jim's daughter, that would make her Steve's half sister. :confused:

Jaysus of course, d’oh!! Hadn’t even been drinking :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I like Angela Griffin, wonder if she's coming back and for how long?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,852 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

threetrees wrote: »
    I like Angela Griffin, wonder if she's coming back and for how long?
    She is coming back.
    Probably will make a brief return and will come back for a longer duration after a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

It's obvious that Jed has a fake Belfast accent as it is too slow, kind of like Liam Neesons mixed up accent. It is more pleasant than real Belfast accents though.

That was an interesting twist with that old hair dresser, I always thought that girl looked like her.

You know corrie has gone bad when your pleased to see Dev is back.

The Fiona I remember would be back straight away to support her daughter

I hope Fiona shows up in person and not just a call with Emma

The Fiona I remember would be back straight away to support her daughter

I hope Fiona shows up in person and not just a call with Emma

I have a limited memory of Fiona but I think she was a happy go lucky character.

She might return and say her husband was abusive to her or something and that's why she had little contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Fiona and Emma don't seem to get on I wonder why?

casio4 wrote: »
    Fiona and Emma don't seem to get on I wonder why?

Is Fiona married again in Oz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Have always wondered about the Irish connection in Corrie. We know Jim used to in the British Army. So he's of that stock so he is This Vicky one is probably the same given her name. I don't know about her partner Jed.
    The 'other' Irish the Connor family are staunch southerners. Michelle travelled to Kildare I believe to see her mother. Keith Duffy, well we know where he's from. There was a young Irish fellow who featured a few months ago then suddenly disappeared. He planted drugs in a car or something. From the south too I believe. Sinead has an Irish name with no links to Ireland I dob't think. I think Joe Lynch was in it ages ago. Was there someone selling jewelry last year from Ireland as well? Bit of a conman?

• Advertisement

bobbyss wrote: »
    Have always wondered about the Irish connection in Corrie. We know Jim used to in the British Army. So he's of that stock so he is This Vicky one is probably the same given her name. I don't know about her partner Jed.
    The 'other' Irish the Connor family are staunch southerners. Michelle travelled to Kildare I believe to see her mother. Keith Duffy, well we know where he's from. There was a young Irish fellow who featured a few months ago then suddenly disappeared. He planted drugs in a car or something. From the south too I believe. Sinead has an Irish name with no links to Ireland I dob't think. I think Joe Lynch was in it ages ago. Was there someone selling jewelry last year from Ireland as well? Bit of a conman?

Simon Delaney was a jeweller for one episode in the pub with Eva

Simon Delaney was a jeweller for one episode in the pub with Eva

Yes, that's right. Selling rings or dreams or something.
    Simon Delaney. A real conman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Big Jim what about ye can't be Emma's Dad - wasn't he supposed to be infertile at that stage?

Don't know what is supposed to have happened with the Fiona Middleton character, the old Fiona would not have treated her daughter like that.

spurious wrote: »
    Big Jim what about ye can't be Emma's Dad - wasn't he supposed to be infertile at that stage?

Don't know what is supposed to have happened with the Fiona Middleton character, the old Fiona would not have treated her daughter like that.

Is/Was Jim infertile?

I agree about Fiona, so out of character from what I remember of her, she was also a good skin, wanted kids and was happy with son Morgan with Alan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Have always wondered about the Irish connection in Corrie.

Early days in Corrie featured these Irish actors
    Doreen Keogh who went on to play Barry's mother in Fair City and Mary in the Royal family.
    Doreen-Keogh.jpg

Joe Lynch played a taxi driver back in the late 70s
    200?cb=20120428123124

I thought Milo O'Shea was in it years ago but I can't find any details

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Big Jim had a vasectomy after Katy. There was some story about him maybe being Fiona's older child's father but then they proved he was still infertile from the vasectomy.

A couple of years later Steve was on/off with Fiona and Maxine. Then Fiona left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

One of the Cusacks was a psycho babysitter who was obsessed with Martin Platt IIRC.

EDIT: Googled it; she was a nurse who convinced Gail that she was having an affair with Martin.

There was also a Nora Jane Noone who was a love interest of Steve I think. She didn't become pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Catherine Cusack (daughter of Cyril) was in it for a while too as a crazy nurse colleague of Martin's.

Catherine Cusack (daughter of Cyril) was in it for a while too as a crazy nurse colleague of Martin's.

I thought she was the crazy nanny!(Didn't relies she was a nurse to).

Gareth Gates and Faye Brokkes(Kate Connor) have called off their engagement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

The actors who play Michelle's parents are Irish too. Another Cusack played the mum originally but afair a different but still Irish actor played her in later episodes.

Blaming Audrey for keeping her in the dark, Emma announces she is leaving Weatherfield and packs her bags.

Despite everyone, including Amy, persuading her to stay, Emma sadly says goodbye to Maria, Gemma and Chesney. Amy tells Steve and Tracy they have to sort it out as she is part of the family.

Meanwhile, Shona and Billy prepare for Lily's birthday party. Max is playing up, and pretending to take his ADHD medicine, he pockets the tablets. When Nick arrives with Lily's present, Max kicks off and Shona has to ask everyone to leave.

Elsewhere, Tim calls at Number 11 and tells Eileen to pull herself together as she's needed back on the Street Cars switch. Eileen is touched and heads upstairs for a shower.

Also, Bethany tells Daniel that she has decided she's going to write up her experience with Nathan as it might help other girls to avoid falling into the same trap. Daniel is impressed.

Finally, with Roy run off his feet, Aggie offers up her services. Roy agrees to give her a trial.

Amy and Tracy set off to try and find Emma. Amy begs Chesney, Gemma and Maria to tell her where she has gone.

Later, Tracy and Amy find an upset Emma on the station platform. Will they be able to convince her to stay?

Meanwhile, Shona is furious at Max for ruining Lily's party. She admits to Audrey and Sarah that he has been like this for weeks and she is at the end of her tether. Checking his medicine box, she finds it empty but Max produces a packet from his pocket and insists he is taking them.

Elsewhere, having taken Tim's advice, Eileen returns to work and announces she is giving up men as it always ends in disaster. Tim is sceptical.

Also, Ed and Aggie are reunited, much to the delight of their sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Emma actress played a blinder, at her dad's bedside. I found it incredibly moving. I just wanted someone to give her a cuddle. Was glad she had Audrey and Maria for support.

There was also a Nora Jane Noone who was a love interest of Steve I think. She didn't become pregnant.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Is there any Corrie on tonight?

fin12 wrote: »

Virgin Media Two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭Odelay

fin12 wrote: »

On virgin 2

Why is Emma at work? Ud think Audrey would give her at least paid leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh I missed it! Anyone give me a quick update please? I'm recording the later one.

Is Robert doing a Peter Barlow, marrying both :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

The face on him during that supposed proposal!

This Robert storyline is beyond ridiculous now.

Does Robert not realize that when Vicky find out that he never wanted to be with her and was back with Michelle all the time, she will probably never let Robert see his kid as revenge. She definitely seems the type that would use her kid to punish Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Vicky to Tyler. whatever lad in Ireland is called "will look after us, now that Robert won't" What is this, the 1950s??

Robert with the chavvy pair, Vicky and Tyler just looks so ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

God I hate Liz so much, she couldn't leave an incredibly delicate situation alone for five minutes to let bereavement settle and get more concrete evidence, bleating about HER right to have a grandchild like it's all about her, who cares about the potential emotional damage to Emma and Steve. She did exactly the same thing when Steve, Leanne and Nick were happy to keep their arrangement regarding Oliver, with whom Liz is never, ever shown spending time.
    I fondly remember one time she was going off on one about blood relation being all that matters when the adopted Simon Barlow told her to put a sock in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

How much deeper **** can Robert get himself into.... :rolleyes:

I may have missed it. Was it just a one night stand between Vicky and Robert???

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

I may have missed it. Was it just a one night stand between Vicky and Robert???

No, they began a relationship (off-screen) while Robert was split from Michelle. Michelle got back with Robert, he wanted to dump Vicky entirely but then found out she is pregnant.

LordBasil wrote: »
    No, they began a relationship (off-screen) while Robert was split from Michelle. Michelle got back with Robert, he wanted to dump Vicky entirely but then found out she is pregnant.

Thanks. Am absolutely baffled as to what he sees in her :confused:

• Advertisement

Corrie didn’t record for me last night on Eir Tv I have all my soaps on series record and they all recorded except for Corrie

God damn :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement