Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,853 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that Craig's police career over? Bad back pain killer addiction?

Aggie is a nurse, does she work in a pharmacy?

Craig dies have a lt going against him!

That confused me a little also! We might out she's being struck off or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Craig dies have a lt going against him!

That confused me a little also! We might out she's being struck off or something.

Craig Dies ???? :eek: - bloody hell that escalated! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,607 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Apparently new builder Ed has a gambling problem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Bethany should be giving Daniel a high five for standing up to that vile man. She's so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,489 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Actor who is playing Geoff is doing a very good job, very believable. He's making Geoff very punchable.
    Apparently new builder Ed has a gambling problem

Should team up with Robert, he was a problem gambler a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Rotten bloody sky box didn't record down Wednesdays episodes of Corrie. Feel right thrown out now. I see Steve knows about his new offspring then, and scheming Geoff seems to be back.

Should still be on ITV Hub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Odelay wrote: »
    Nah, her character was always ditzy from the start. Even when she first started and David moved her in to annoy someone she was ditzy

Yes - she was far more ditzy when she first arrived. And annoying. The character has grown on me - she's very lovable.

Livvie wrote: »
    Should still be on ITV Hub

thanks - yep I shall have to see it on catch-up when i have time because it looks like i missed a couple of pivotal episodes there

being honest , I think I would have done same or worse to that geezer if he came in, and all that laughing and playing happy families with his mrs and daughter , that would just wind me up more - so I kinda see where Daniel was coming from

I know of people in Bethany's position or similar and there reaction would have being similar to hers to be honest.

• Advertisement

Did or is Bethany seeing a counsellor?

I really dont know how/why they turned Geoff like he is now into a vile character. A volunteer for a hospital radio a kiddies magician entertainer and a good all round matey guy with everyone at the start ... and then they do this to his character - shame that.

Shame they could not get their kicks out of some other character in the street making some other character domineering/bullying/ evil or whatever they are turning him into

KevRossi wrote: »
    Actor who is playing Geoff is doing a very good job, very believable. He's making Geoff very punchable.

Should team up with Robert, he was a problem gambler a few months ago.

Robert's gambling like Carla's alcoholism forgot, was Peter her sponsor, he took her to meetings?
    I really dont know how/why they turned Geoff like he is now into a vile character. A volunteer for a hospital radio a kiddies magician entertainer and a good all round matey guy with everyone at the start ... and then they do this to his character - shame that.

Shame they could not get their kicks out of some other character in the street making some other character domineering/bullying/ evil or whatever they are turning him into

Does Geoff volunteer anymore at the hospital?

I know of people in Bethany's position or similar and there reaction would have being similar to hers to be honest.

I know. I dare say - but I would be putting myself in Daniel's shoes and I think that is too how I would react . - I know where he is coming from.

I also know where she is coming from , she wanted to be strong , she wanted it to not look like 'he won' .. but to be honest she was crumbling .. and if he had seen her he would have thought he had won anyway.

No, good ol' Daniel for what he did .. he was standing up for a mate (even though she werent appreciative) - talking of which did Daniel and Bethany ever go out together as a couple ever? , cant remember

Daniel has only been with Carla and Sinead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I would imagine that this is going to lead to Bethany getting closure and moving, both from her abuse and the actress from the street.

Good riddance if she is going to keep being a cheerleader/protector for rapists. That storyline became a bad parody and now they go back to it? Daft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Would Tim not know about Geoff? Growing up and along the way seen him with controlling behaviours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

Would Tim not know about Geoff? Growing up and along the way seen him with controlling behaviours?

I was thinking that myself, where is Tims Mother/Geoffs wife - surely this is not new to him

magicray wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself, where is Tims Mother/Geoffs wife - surely this is not new to him

i was going to ask that too - mind you, just because Geoff is acting the maggot now it dont mean like he was like it all his life though.. maybe he was i dunno .. but age does funny things to people and makes them go weird (will let you know when i get old lol)

I wonder if Allyiah will be searching one day at her grans for 'her favourite CD' in the CD rack and then unearth the camera? - just got a hunch like - havent read any spoilers or anything ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Dev checked the till and he figured out she made him loads of money so he offered her her job back!

oh - thank you . i must of missed that episode

EDIT: - just remembered . I bet this was the episode virgin media one took off for showing football and put it on virgin media 2 , and my sky series link didnt record it and I didnt get around to watching it on catch-up

Andy I missed it too. I was mad I didn't see Steve finding out about Emma possibly being his. I searched YouTube and the episode isn't there in full but I searched Steve finding out Emma might be his' and it was there also Robert proposing to your one popped up and I watched it.. dunno why. He stresses me out.

I kind of like the way he is split personality. Its more common then we all think the old street angel house devil type of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I kind of like the way he is split personality. Its more common then we all think the old street angel house devil type of thing

To me, it seems like they wanted to run with this storyline and they just shoehorned Geoff’s character into doing it. I think it’s a very worthwhile storyline, and highlights how domestic abuse isn’t purely a physical thing. I just don’t agree with them completely changing a character’s personality.

But I feel the same about what they’ve done to Gary.

I'm finding this Geoff storyline very unsettling. Poor Yasmeen. I wish Tim would speak to her on her own but she prob wouldn't be able to explain what's going on.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I'm finding this Geoff storyline very unsettling. Poor Yasmeen. I wish Tim would speak to her on her own but she prob wouldn't be able to explain what's going on.

and of course Geoff himself has been poisoning Tim .. or rather trying to get him on his side .. not exactly lying as such , but then again not exactly running the truth of it all by him, and of course trying to make Tim feel sorry for him and making him choose sides (obviously wanting him to choosing his dads side) and is trying to make Tim feel sorry for him .. you can see it all unravelling. - he is controlling (well now his character is, his charachter was not like that in the beginning though when he first joined the street)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

It's the typical way the producers handle things. Craig! Nice bloke. But then all of a sudden he has this whatever it's called problem of being obsessive. It featured for a while in a few episodes. Now? Not a bother. Forgotten about. Ken's stroke. David's anger. Nick has some problem hasn't he? This Geoff business will disappear in a few weeks.

Is Tim's mam alive, it sounds like Geoff makes out that she left him and Tim

Geoff's first wife died of cancer. He married his magician's assistant and that's Tim's mother. Geoff divorced her so the door is open for her to make an appearance.

Please cast Debbie McGee. ☺

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is Tim's mam alive, it sounds like Geoff makes out that she left him and Tim

She got a mention the other week, so she is probably coming back into it. It is horrible to watch a woman such as Yasmeen who singlehandedly set up the local community centre and ran a businesses, to be bullied and abused by horrid Geoff.

I loved how he said it was 'our' house. Um...I don't think so. Run Yasmeen, run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Where did Geoff live when he was doing the hospital radio thing?
    You would expect Peter, Geoff, Carla, Brian and his partner, Gemma's mother, Gail, Sarah, and so on to have climbed the property ladder at this stage of their lives. How come everybody ends up shacked up on top of each other?

That always gets to me especially with anyone working. Struck me in Emmerdale last night too, Paddy, a vet on the move bags packed. Regardless of Chas, he should have a house. Bear Wolf too. Where was he... A zoo?

Musical beds. You can move into xxxx's room.

bobbyss wrote: »
    Where did Geoff live when he was doing the hospital radio thing?
    You would expect Peter, Geoff, Carla, Brian and his partner, Gemma's mother, Gail, Sarah, and so on to have climbed the property ladder at this stage of their lives. How come everybody ends up shacked up on top of each other?

Carla I don't understand how she has not her own gaff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I can only imagine what Mary gets up to with her 'she pee' :D:D:eek: Gemmas mother in the cafe is it national half a cup day?:D:D

Idiot Steve strikes again, perfect timing by him :rolleyes:

I hope Fiona returns for Emma now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Can’t see why Tracey and Amy are so thick about the situation. It happened over 20 years ago

casio4 wrote: »
    I can only imagine what Mary gets up to with her 'she pee' :D:D:eek: Gemmas mother in the cafe is it national half a cup day?:D:D

thats what i like to see , a cafe that refills your cup with some more tea with no extra charge :)

be a long time waiting over here for refills in the cafes - when i first came to ireland in the 90's .... not these days tho ...

watched tonight , but half watched geoff with dr badass or whatever her name is. can someone explain to this thicko (me) what he was doing in there and has he a mental health problem or is is manipulating again?

thanks

Haven't seen tonight's yet..just wanted to say I know there's a few who think the change in Geoff is overnight...but I'm not sure it's not realistic. He was waiting until he had his feet under the table before letting his mask slide. I was never pushed on him...pressuring her to let him get his wrinkly hairy leg over when they were barely together as a couple, a wet week.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Haven't seen tonight's yet..just wanted to say I know there's a few who think the change in Geoff is overnight...but I'm not sure it's not realistic. He was waiting until he had his feet under the table before letting his mask slide. I was never pushed on him...pressuring her to let him get his wrinkly hairy leg over when they were barely together as a couple, a wet week.

im actually now thinking about the nasty streak geoff had in him going back some time, it might even be last year, do you remember when he was nasty to brian , about those planting the beans in that communal garden - he was being a bit of a git around that time too . so yeah, maybe it isnt just sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

watched tonight , but half watched geoff with dr badass or whatever her name is. can someone explain to this thicko (me) what he was doing in there and has he a mental health problem or is is manipulating again?

thanks

I think that was for the benefit of the viewers to know he got a check up and there is nothing wrong with him, also he's not really lying to Yazmeen about being to the doctors. He seems to be covering his tracks which is a breath of fresh air with a soap with so many holes in the stories and on that note why didn't Yaz kick up more over the passwords being changed? she knows she didn't change them we all get a bit forgetful at times but that's a step too far too soon

• Advertisement

Max has adhd?

Yes. He’ll have it for a week or two until David gets home.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Can’t see why Tracey and Amy are so thick about the situation. It happened over 20 years ago

Exactly. Steve is in shock himself. He was with Fiona long before he was with Tracey. Tracey & Amy need to get over themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

thanks

It's so he can worry Yasmeen by saying he did actually go to the doctors and be seen there.

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's so he can worry Yasmeen by saying he did actually go to the doctors and be seen there.

Ah right thanks. He is so twisted now I wonder if he is gonna pull another trick with Yasmin. Tell her that he has a terminal illness or something, that he went to the doctor and it was serious, and make Yasmin feel even worse than she does, and even worm his way back into her life (and house) again?

He is going to totally break Yasmin in the end , gonna knock any confidence she had left and turn this once strong women into a snivelling wreck , near to breakdown that's how I see this all panning out

Duncan in Metro has Daniel cheating on dying Sinead (cancer returns) with Bethany

• Advertisement

Personally I'd say she'll be back.

Duncan in Metro has Daniel cheating on dying Sinead (cancer returns) with Bethany
    - the bustard! i can kinda like see how that happens, the other day how he stuck up for her i thought was much more than friends would stick up for each other - i wondered if he had feelings for her

- the bustard! i can kinda like see how that happens, the other day how he stuck up for her i thought was much more than friends would stick up for each other - i wondered if he had feelings for her

I thought
    Bethany would be getting with Gary

What a bastard to do that.

Also the gambling storyline is so sad it’s interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I thought
    Bethany would be getting with Gary
    Don't make me vomit.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement