Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Duncan in Metro has Daniel cheating on dying Sinead (cancer returns) with Bethany

That would be very out of character for him. Typical Corrie to throw in an affair as a storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

When they run low on ideas they must pull names out of a blue hat and a pink hat and see how it looks. Then pregnancy test kit on top of the kitchen bin rubbish... Rinse, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Duncan in Metro has Daniel cheating on dying Sinead (cancer returns) with Bethany
    - the bustard! i can kinda like see how that happens, the other day how he stuck up for her i thought was much more than friends would stick up for each other - i wondered if he had feelings for her
    Ah Jaysus! He's going to be astray in the head with grief never mind the guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

How many children does Steve have? Amy, Oliver and now Emma? And Ruari aswell of course.

Why is Tracy going mad, sure she wasn't with Steve then. Typical Tracy. However, I'd imagine Tracy, Amy and Emma will eventually get on and it'll be happy families for a bit. Granny Liz might be a bit overpowering for Emma though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Loved Amy’s reaction on the street. What did you do now? That only could come from Tracy’s daughter. Such good casting.

I dont find Amy much good. Very over dramatic facial expressions like she's posing for one of those photo stories in 80s teenage mags like Jackie and Blue Jeans. Yeah very like Kate Ford's portrayal of Tracey alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Loved Amy’s reaction on the street. What did you do now? That only could come from Tracy’s daughter. Such good casting.

Amy was funny again tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Shona is a sh*t actress.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

Shona is a sh*t actress.

Agree serious over acting tonight

magicray wrote: »
    Shona is a sh*t actress.

Agree serious over acting tonight
    She can't fake cry at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

pretty crap episode tonight i thought .

for a friday night as well - very poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I’m actually surprised it’s taken this long for Max to act up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Leanne was rather selective in listing the things she did in her life to 'put bread on the table'.

Tracy did good, glad Emma is staying

bobbyss wrote: »
    Leanne was rather selective in listing the things she did in her life to 'put bread on the table'.

Leanne was going through similar with that little **** simon , suprised she never give shona any tips.

Has max had any counselling ayway with what happened to his mum and the ADHD and a father like David - or as normal the doctor just said here take this medication ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Leanne was going through similar with that little **** simon , suprised she never give shona any tips.

Has max had any counselling ayway with what happened to his mum and the ADHD and a father like David - or as normal the doctor just said here take this medication ?

And the fact that his mother was killed by his stepmothers son.... He's been through a lot alright.

And the fact that his mother was killed by his stepmothers son.... He's been through a lot alright.
    And his father was killed by his step auntie!

Kylie killed Callum

Kylie killed Callum
    Oh yea sorry, he was trying to choke Sarah and Kylie bashed him over the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Shona starting to carry something in front of her tummy strategically or stand behind something to hide her (real life) pregnancy. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

I'm pretty satisfied with the new family in Number 3 so far. It's nice to see relatively realistic characters that aren't written to "rock the cobbles" and start loads of beefs with the existing cast (aside from the brief wall situation), the lads aren't smooth talking heartbreakers, the husband isn't a big tough guy or braggart and the wife is a pragmatist who doesn't just nag and shriek but takes charge. Hopefully they will have potential and not deflate quickly like other entire-family cast intakes in the last decade (Nazirs, Mortons, Armstrongs).

Jikashi wrote: »
    I'm pretty satisfied with the new family in Number 3 so far. It's nice to see relatively realistic characters that aren't written to "rock the cobbles" and start loads of beefs with the existing cast (aside from the brief wall situation), the lads aren't smooth talking heartbreakers, the husband isn't a big tough guy or braggart and the wife is a pragmatist who doesn't just nag and shriek but takes charge. Hopefully they will have potential and not deflate quickly like other entire-family cast intakes in the last decade (Nazirs, Mortons, Armstrongs).
    Yes but the nurse/pharmacy technician wife has already got the predictable job at Roy's Rolls.

Haven't seen tonight's yet. I think I like the new family's dad and the sons are ok but I can't warm to the mother. I know it's going back a bit but I can't get past her gossiping about Kirk' s rash. What a horrible thing to do. She says she's a trained nurse???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ann22 wrote: »
    Haven't seen tonight's yet. I think I like the new family's dad and the sons are ok but I can't warm to the mother. I know it's going back a bit but I can't get past her gossiping about Kirk' s rash. What a horrible thing to do. She says she's a trained nurse???

I agree and telling everyone what her husband did over the counter in Roys while her husband was standing there wasn't nice, I thought she was tough and would have tried to understand why her husband did what he did (losing them their home) he's trying to make it better. Her character should be more understanding and help him with his addiction

Wheety wrote: »
    Shona starting to carry something in front of her tummy strategically or stand behind something to hide her (real life) pregnancy. :D

Couldn’t she have been comfort eating since David went to prison ?:)

That new family are as boring. Wouldn’t care in the slightest if they disappeared. Where’s Phelan when you need him? It’s also annoying how they have the place wallpapered and a dodgy unfinished stair case. And it’s so tacky.

• Advertisement

Even her hair annoys me. Looks like a badly fitted wig.

Gail is back soon and her hair is still not cut ugh!

whats that accent the mother has - a brummie accent is it?

The father sounds like an eastender

She won’t go far working. In Roy’s if she can’t even fry an egg lol.

fin12 wrote: »

she did fry the egg properly :D

I love eggs fried with a crispy outer edge. Crispy outer edge and runny yellow yolk - its the only way to have em - yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

I thought they would have had her working in the medical centre by now, it would be a better fit than with Roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Jikashi wrote: »

I can’t understand why the adult sons moved to a (small) new house with their parents. :rolleyes:

I thought they would have had her working in the medical centre by now, it would be a better fit than with Roy
    She's said about 10 times that she's a medical professional/trained nurse. She's really getting on my nerves. Pushing herself into Roys and wailing in his arms...a complete stranger who is clearly uncomfortable.

She isn't that medically trained nurse if she cannot detect Roy has some kind of autism or aspergers and felt uncomfortable with her touching him, sobbing and overwhelming him like that...

Oh please can she have Moira's job and kick that moira out of the street. Can't stand her!

Fiz is back on Wednesday
    - I used to like her, can't stand her now.

Eileen finds out that
    Jan is a good guy. Will they get back together is the next question? He can hardly stay around after what he did. The traffickers will be looking for him.

fin12 wrote: »

I would of ate her well done egg it looked yummy

I can’t understand why the adult sons moved to a (small) new house with their parents. :rolleyes:

Obviously they can’t afford their own places, the oldest son doesn’t seem to have any stable job and I say the younger one is just getting started in his career.

Has Roy given away Carla's job, she was a super waitress / cook in the cafe :p

Hasn’t Carla been head hunted ? Prob busy with that.

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Fiz is back on Wednesday
    - I used to like her, can't stand her now.

Eileen finds out that
    Jan is a good guy. Will they get back together is the next question? He can hardly stay around after what he did. The traffickers will be looking for him.
    Jan is shot by Rachel

Jan is shot by Rachel
    ah right, so Rachael didnt get arrested and banged up then? - she has been let free to cruise weatherfield in an Audi waiting for Jan to come back .. good bloody legal system there innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

That would be very out of character for him. Typical Corrie to throw in an affair as a storyline.

Exactly! Can they not have anyone remain faithful to his/her partner in soapland? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

That new family are just ridiculous. I dont like any of them. Stupid storylines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭cozar

i had to laugh when shona kicked all the kids out of the party, where were they going to go all 6 year olds out on the street wandering around, sure they could survive on their goody bag if they got it!, i think i saw one parent unless he is dad to the whole lot of them. hope they all got home safely.!

brooke 2 wrote: »
    Exactly! Can they not have anyone remain faithful to his/her partner in soapland? :mad:

Like father like son I suppose

cozar wrote: »
    i had to laugh when shona kicked all the kids out of the party, where were they going to go all 6 year olds out on the street wandering around, sure they could survive on their goody bag if they got it!, i think i saw one parent unless he is dad to the whole lot of them. hope they all got home safely.!

Would that be Steve 'Supersperm' McDonald?

Yeah, it was stupid her overreacting like that, a child throwing a tantrum belongs to any birthday party. And Nick being terrified of a 12 year old with a plastic bat, is nonsense too. Looks like someone write that scene on the bus into work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    That new family are just ridiculous. I dont like any of them. Stupid storylines.

Just parachuted in from nowhere, and we're expected to be emotionally involved with them straight away.

Would that be Steve 'Supersperm' McDonald?

Yeah, it was stupid her overreacting like that, a child throwing a tantrum belongs to any birthday party. And Nick being terrified of a 12 year old with a plastic bat, is nonsense too. Looks like someone write that scene on the bus into work.

I did enjoy Max attacking Nick with the bat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭rapul

Haha its smaller than the fake one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement