Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

I haven't missed Fiz at all during her absence and her now being back reminded me why. Awful character, should have been axed years ago. Tyrone and Maria should have stayed together and had their own kids with each other, would have saved both of them lots of heartache (Liam, Tony, Kirsty......)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Maybe I was a dozy child/teenager but I kind of linked Fizz and Chesney but now I just find them a pain. I wish a bit of Cilla rubbed off on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A new character apparently will join Corrie when Fiz returns with Hope. Lottie Henshall will play their live in tutor Jade who comes to help Hope settle back in to family life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A new character apparently will join Corrie when Fiz returns with Hope. Lottie Henshall will play their live in tutor Jade who comes to help Hope settle back in to family life

Live in where?

LordBasil wrote: »
    I haven't missed Fiz at all during her absence and her now being back reminded me why. Awful character, should have been axed years ago. Tyrone and Maria should have stayed together and had their own kids with each other, would have saved both of them lots of heartache (Liam, Tony, Kirsty......)

Am I right in saying Tyrone was with Maria but cheated on her with Fizz which is how they got together?

Am I right in saying Tyrone was with Maria but cheated on her with Fizz which is how they got together?

I can't remember exactly what happened. I think Fiz went out with Kirk initially and then got with Tyrone. I think he split up with Maria previously to that but I'm not sure.

I quite enjoyed the totally random storyline from a couple of years ago of Maria stalking Tyrone, it kind of ended rather abruptly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Live in where?

With Tyrone and Fizz.

With Tyrone and Fizz.

Tyrone, Fizz, Grandma, ‘Ope and Rubeh. How many bedrooms are there in that house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Tyrone was with Maria but left her because he reckoned she was too good looking for him (or something similar).

He then started to go out with Molly, they had a son together (Jack), turns out she was shagging Kevin and Kevin was the father of Jack. Molly was killed in the tram crash.

When Fizz was with John Stape they started to grow close, he backed her when the street turned on her after the full story behind John Stape came out.

She in turn supported him when he was being beaten up by his then girlfriend (Ruby's mother the policewoman).

They used to be good together, there was definitely chemistry there, but I cannot remember the last scene when Fizz was not whining at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

T
    With Tyrone and Fizz.

Tyrone, Fizz, Grandma, ‘Ope and Rubeh. How many bedrooms are there in that house?
    The usual 6. Coronation street terrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Fiz being back really turns me off watching coronation street. Just looking at her even before she opens her mouth irritates me.

The sight of Fiz, Gemma and Gemma's mother make me nearly lose my lunch. I change the channel immediately when any of them appear. I wish they would introduce a new serial killer who only preys on gobby chavs :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Bethany can stick her finger in my custard any day

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

Like trading a red Ferrari F40 in for a yellow Fiat Cinqucento - Hawaii Edition

No, that's being too generous to Maria, let's replace the Ferrari with...an Audi A7

Like trading a red Ferrari F40 in for a yellow Fiat Cinqucento - Hawaii Edition

No, that's being too generous to Maria, let's replace the Ferrari with...an Audi A7

I'd go Audo A7 v a Ford Cortina with a quivering lip, i mean dodgy headlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭optogirl

optogirl wrote: »
    can't/won't click on the DM - can you give us the gist?

Kate Connor actress had fling with Adam Barlow Baldwin actor

I guess karma for Gareth Gates as he cheated with her

Fiz boring
    Sean annoying
    Sinead (rolls eyes)

Last week episodes were boring

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Who put the money in Kates bag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Who put the money in Kates bag?

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Fiz homeschooling....ffs

Maria... We could go for a bit to eat at the bistro

Surely the bistro is shut because all the staff are at the wedding?

Maria... We could go for a bit to eat at the bistro

Surely the bistro is shut because all the staff are at the wedding?

And why did Ali say he had plans if he was going away with Maria?

Tonights episode was so stupid i switched it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Kevin's right. People are really morbid when filming accidents or fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

I predict a sad Christmas in Corrie for Sinead

Also what in the name of God was Carla wearing - that skirt/dress was awful

• Advertisement

magicray wrote: »

Surely she'll be gone before then?? It's a tragic storyline but Sinead is such a ridiculous character, it does the storyline no justice at all.

I think she dies before Christmas. There were pictures of filming released last week in the Barlow's (Ken's)living room and there were bereavement cards on the sideboard. As Corrie is filmed 6-8 weeks in advance probably means Sinead dies around Halloween. Also Katie McGlynn (Sinead) said she has filmed her last scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know..I didn't like it either. The skirt didn't look like it was meant to be worn with the top. We rarely see Carla wearing nice slim fitting stuff like Michelle. All big flouncy loose tops or shawls.

I know..I didn't like it either. The skirt didn't look like it was meant to be worn with the top. We rarely see Carla wearing nice slim fitting stuff like Michelle. All big flouncy loose tops or shawls.

• Advertisement

Maybe Sinead will do a Hayley, get help from Daniel or Beth ending it

I think Daniel will have a breakdown again when she dies, I hope we see scenes with him and Roy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

I don't mind that Sinead is leaving but I hope Daniel has no plans to go. He is not a bad actor at all and is very easy on the eye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

will Bethany end up with Daniel? all the signs are there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

I think Sinead will eventually give Daniel and Bethany her blessing before she dies, is that a bit weird?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Surely she'll be gone before then?? It's a tragic storyline but Sinead is such a ridiculous character, it does the storyline no justice at all.
    Her voice alone should be nominated in its own category at the NTAs for most annoying soap voice ever.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Her voice alone should be nominated in its own category at the NTAs for most annoying soap voice ever.
    Tracy doing Sineads voice still makes me laugh, it was one of those Corrie golden moments.

threetrees wrote: »
    Tracy doing Sineads voice still makes me laugh, it was one of those Corrie golden moments.

:pac:

https://twitter.com/itvcorrie/status/1050821504273969153?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

threetrees wrote: »
    Who can forget her Joooozzeph.

Why does Sinead speak that way?? Initally, I thought she had learning difficulties. Joooozeph....:confused:Christ, she won't be missed

OH,Just wait for some Christmas day misery.....

• Advertisement

Lucy Fallon has opened up about her upcoming exit from the show, revealing when she will film her final scenes.

Earlier this year, the Bethany Platt actress confirmed that she will be leaving when her contract expires in 2020 to pursue other projects.

Speaking on Lorraine this morning (September 11), Fallon shared that she will be filming her exit at the "end of January" and predicted that her goodbye scenes would air on TV a couple of months later.

"End of January, I will leave Corrie," she said. "But then I'll be on screen until maybe March.

"It's going to be horrible. When I leave, I'll have been there for five years and it just kind of feels like the right time. I'm going to miss everybody so much. I can't even think about it because I'll just be upset. I'm excited, I'm nervous – we'll see what happens.

"I've literally had the best time... I'm going to be devastated, but hopefully they'll keep me in the group chats!"

Fallon added that she has "nothing lined up at the moment", but said that she's not interested in doing Strictly Come Dancing for the time being.

"I think I'd like to focus on doing more acting, drama, and things. And maybe in the future I could do something like that," when asked by Lorraine whether or not she would consider going on the BBC dancing show.

From Digital Spy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lucy Fallon has opened up about her upcoming exit from the show, revealing when she will film her final scenes..............

From Digital Spy

Nothing lined up yet? Sounds like she was sacked or the contract is not being renewed. Odd, as she was a good actress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

She’s dying to do Strictly. She was in the audience a lot last year.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    She’s dying to do Strictly. She was in the audience a lot last year.

Eva this year Bethany next year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

And the over actor of the year award goes to......

That was aimed at Dr. Ali's meltdown BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Watching this going omg...it is a desperate situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,574 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shin Aid is on the ropes , no way out .

In fairness... There are a lot of ways coronation street is irritating me at the moment. But that scene at the hospital scene was very well done.

Also Beth annoys me 98% of the time bit I love how she is with Sinead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Heartbreaking story. Very well acted by all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement