Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

so sad, I know like its a soap but i just feel for so many people in real life that have to go through a dreaded meeting with a consultant like this

life can be so bloody cruel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Oh my goodness... This is so well done.

I've been a good person why doesn't count

:(

Though when she said hear my voice my husband did chuckle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Anyone who has lost someone to cancer will be in bits watching this. It's so bloody true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh my goodness... This is so well done.

I've been a good person why doesn't count

:(

Though when she said hear my voice my husband did chuckle

I'm glad I'm not the only one who laughed.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I laughed too. All I could think off was Tracey taking her off.

Really tough episode tonight. Raising awareness of course but hard going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    I laughed too. All I could think off was Tracey taking her off.

Really tough episode tonight. Raising awareness of course but hard going.

I just cannot take Sinead seriously at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

That was so heartbreaking , I can only imagine what it is like being told this that u have only moths to live.

I just cannot take Sinead seriously at all

She's really earning her stripes on this one though. I thought she was exceptional tonight. Both herself and Daniel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

It was good tonight but I'm not looking forward to the continuing storyline. It can happen in real life but is incredibly rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I assume Miss Hell will find Robert's dog tag. Maybe he'll carefully hide it away on top of his socks.

• Advertisement

And the other thing that made me laugh out loud was 'Big Daddy'.
    She's trying to chav Robert up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

God it was tough to watch all right, I am sorry I watched it to be honest, was in that situation a short while ago with a family member and you just feel so helpless

So many people get that news everyday, its so sad, I'll have to see how it plays out as I'm not sure I want to continue watching it on TV having just gone through it in real life

It was good tonight but I'm not looking forward to the continuing storyline. It can happen in real life but is incredibly rare.

Unfortunately, it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

I assume Miss Hell will find Robert's dog tag. Maybe he'll carefully hide it away on top of his socks.

I bet he'll say someone from the young offenders group in Stoke gave it to him as a joke. Stoke is his go to excuse these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hospital scene was very well done.
    Also very scary. Could happen to any of us :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Sparko wrote: »
    I bet he'll say someone from the young offenders group in Stoke gave it to him as a joke. Stoke is his go to excuse these days!

He's a moron. He has to know that it isn't going to last and that he'll have to ditch one of them. Stupid story at this stage, it's being on for far too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

magicray wrote: »
    God it was tough to watch all right, I am sorry I watched it to be honest, was in that situation a short while ago with a family member and you just feel so helpless

So many people get that news everyday, its so sad, I'll have to see how it plays out as I'm not sure I want to continue watching it on TV having just gone through it in real life

I have cancer myself and had to turn it off tbh. I don't think I'll be watching for awhile, too upsetting.

I'll be following on here though.

Fiolina wrote: »
    I have cancer myself and had to turn it off tbh. I don't think I'll be watching for awhile, too upsetting.

Hope you doing okay x

GeyTusovka wrote: »
    Todd and Jason has to come back now Eileen in the slammer

What! Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭magicray

Sorry to hear that, I really hope you are keeping well

Keep chatting in here xx

• Advertisement

And the other thing that made me laugh out loud was 'Big Daddy'.
    She's trying to chav Robert up.

His face was a picture!!

KevRossi wrote: »
    Sparko wrote: »

He's a moron. He has to know that it isn't going to last and that he'll have to ditch one of them. Stupid story at this stage, it's being on for far too long.

Aw now. Don’t waste a good scene where Michelle and Robert’s pregnant girlfriend get trapped in a lift. And Michelle has to help her give birth ( Ali probably involved too but he passes out due to ptsd).

Aw now. Don’t waste a good scene where Michelle and Robert’s pregnant girlfriend get trapped in a lift. And Michelle has to help her give birth ( Ali probably involved too but he passes out due to ptsd).
    If you dreamed that you were eerily close but...
    wrong person. ☺ Gemma and the one an only Chesnay go on holiday to Llandudno and Gemma goes into labour 80ft up in a cable car.
    Can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Take Care Fiolina

I found Sinead saying she would just end up being a story to Bertie very sad, she needs to write him letters, record messages etc.,

Was Tracy in Ken's house?

Very sorry you're going through it. I hope you're doing OK

wrong person. ☺ Gemma and the one an only Chesnay go on holiday to Llandudno and Gemma goes into labour 80ft up in a cable car.
    Can't wait.

:):). Thanks for the heads up!! Might need to take up hill walking so I miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

[/quote]
    Can't wait.[/quote]

:):). Thanks for the heads up!! Might need to take up hill walking so I miss it.[/quote]
    So will I! Why did they insist on stuffing this story down our throats?! I dread the years ahead with this horrible chavvy shower with Gemma stomping around the place with her mouth open full of half chewed food.. chin jutting out shouting at Chesney with her tribe of awful kids pulling the place apart around her.

[/quote]
    Can't wait.[/quote]

:):). Thanks for the heads up!! Might need to take up hill walking so I miss it.[/quote]
    So will I! Why did they insist on stuffing this story down our throats?! I dread the years ahead with this horrible chavvy shower with Gemma stomping around the place with her mouth open full of half chewed food.. chin jutting out shouting at Chesney with her tribe of awful kids pulling the place apart around her.

[/quote]
    Can't wait.[/quote]

• Advertisement

I'm having problems quoting posts and replying since I had to download the app again. I was replying to the 'hillwalking comment too but it somehow it was included in my comment.

1 hour episode tonight. 7:30-8:30.

The continuity in this program leads a lot to be desired.

Ali goes away with Maria and comes back addicted to anti anxiety meds.

Wtf was going on with Ali?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Addicted to prescription drugs!

Despite not showing it on screen at all, not even hints, he's addicted to benzodiazapeiene. Anti anxiety medication.

• Advertisement

Dr. Ali. "I swear I'll smash your face in."

Manchester Hippocratic oath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Ann , you really don't like Gemma. I think she's funny.

At least Corrie mixes the sad stories with comedy. EastEnders is just all gloom.

What???? Really? I thought it was drugs of some sort when I saw him foaming at the mouth. I turned it off :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

I haven't been watching for about 2 months, just got bored of it.

Now Sinead and Daniel have drawn me back in, but why is Ali a junkie all of a sudden?? Did that terrible haircut drive him to drugs?

He should just ask Billy for advice, on how to go from heroin junkie to model vicar in approximately 12 days.

Shelga wrote: »
    I haven't been watching for about 2 months, just got bored of it.

Now Sinead and Daniel have drawn me back in, but why is Ali a junkie all of a sudden?? Did that terrible haircut drive him to drugs?

He should just ask Billy for advice, on how to go from heroin junkie to model vicar in approximately 12 days.

Ali became an addict over night. Its as much news to us regular viewers as it is to you. It wasn't hinted at once. It was well portrayed though.

• Advertisement

When did Ali become a full blown junkie ???

Why are so many adults (most of which earning a decent salary, one a doctor ) living in a tiny apartment????

Ali became an addict over night. Its as much news to us regular viewers as it is to you. It wasn't hinted at once. It was well portrayed though.

And tomorrow morning, he'll be free of his addiction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Fiolina wrote:

Mind yourself, can't begin to imagine how upsetting it is for you to watch. Take care.

I hate druggie storylines.. fcuk sake..Billy's only over the same thing. I used to think Ali was quite attractive but that hair is awful. Like a tea cosy on his head...what did he say he was addicted to...? Fray Bentos? Or Mentos??

Ann22 wrote: »
    I hate druggie storylines.. fcuk sake..Billy's only over the same thing. I used to think Ali was quite attractive but that hair is awful. Like a tea cosy on his head...what did he say he was addicted to...? Fray Bentos? Or Mentos??

:D

He said Benzos. Think it's a huge problem in the US with addiction amongst 'normal' people.

Valium, Xanax or in Ali's case Diazepam.

Kel is going to be an interesting character!

Wheety wrote: »
    Ann22 wrote: »

:D

He said Benzos. Think it's a huge problem in the US with addiction amongst 'normal' people.

Valium, Xanax or in Ali's case Diazepam.
    What was Adam's choice of drug?

Kel is going to be an interesting character!
    He's the one who abused Paul.

Yes, I know. It's just the way he seems to Mr nice guy.
    Similar to
    Buster in Hollyoaks.
    I wonder will just focus on
    Paul or will he abuse somebody else.

Yes, I know. It's just the way he seems to Mr nice guy.
    Similar to
    Buster in Hollyoaks.
    I wonder will just focus on
    Paul or will he abuse somebody else.

I assume he was a child or teen at the time. Maybe Josef will be next?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement