Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Just came in mid way through second ep repeat on VM2. Why is Norris back?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Uh oh Shona ..... ‘fresh start’ .... that’s her & David Corrie jinxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I assume you couldn't just fly to Cambodia at a few hours notice you'd need a visa and vaccinations?
    Maybe Sophie will take a trip to Thailand and hook up at a full moon party with Gail, who also didn't a visa or vaccinations.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

You could probably go Heathrow/Bangkok then taxi/bus over the border. You get 30 days on arrival then get one for Cambodia. Jason got a 30 year one. ☺ You are right about vaccinations though we had to get some for Laos and Cambodia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

Desperately sad but we'll played by the Sinead and Daniel actors.

• Advertisement

threetrees wrote: »
    Desperately sad but we'll played by the Sinead and Daniel actors.

She certainly saved the best till last. Great performances by both.

Just waiting for the scriptwriters to ruin it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I don't even listen to him anymore when he appears onscreen, I just go "wow, look at that hot piece of octogenarian ass" :pac:

I burst out laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,995 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Gemma just keeping quite just putting Ches hand on her baby belly was nice with Joseph joining in too

It's a horrible storyline. Wondering how this will pan out. His mother is vile. She will stick with the pervert boyfriend. Gemma too, she needs the extension

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coronation-street/a29422294/coronation-street-kel-hinchley-violent-christmas-scenes/

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Just came in mid way through second ep repeat on VM2. Why is Norris back?

He was only back for Kens party I reckon. Apparently, he's only making guest appearances at the moment.

He doesnt have anywhere to stay anyway. Rita has Paul, Mary cant offer him a room and his own house is obviously not his anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

mojonta wrote:
    Emilys return was shorter than I thought it would be although Eileen Derbyshire might not have been up to doing much. She never said hello to Rita though, bad form that.

I have to say i don't miss her whatsoever. She was quite a dull character without any interesting storylines that I can recall. Not a particularly great actress either. Her longevity may be her only claim to fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Obviously this is not the show's fault, but it did undermine the solomn nature of Ken's monologue, when he laments the unfairness of cancer, panning across Sinéad's friends and family including people who have lived into old age and people starting their own young families, and then he breaks down and they silence the trumpeted theme for the ad break...

...immediately followed by LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY ME I'M A LUCKY SONOVAGUN! (HAPPY WHISTLING)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Thats an Irish problem alone though, it's Virgin Media not the soap that control adverts on syndicated reruns
    Wonder who the title sponsor on Itv is

Compare the Market/Meerkat.Com

bobbyss wrote: »
    I have to say i don't miss her whatsoever. She was quite a dull character without any interesting storylines that I can recall. Not a particularly great actress either. Her longevity may be her only claim to fame.

You don't remember her protesting the construction on the red reck and staying overnight in a tree?

OK it was about 20 years ago...

ELM327 wrote: »
    Thats an Irish problem alone though, it's Virgin Media not the soap that control adverts on syndicated reruns

Yes. Hence I started by saying it was obviously not the fault of the show on an Irish forum where that's how most of us will see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Jikashi wrote: »
    Obviously this is not the show's fault, but it did undermine the solomn nature of Ken's monologue, when he laments the unfairness of cancer, panning across Sinéad's friends and family including people who have lived into old age and people starting their own young families, and then he breaks down and they silence the trumpeted theme for the ad break...

...immediately followed by LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY ME I'M A LUCKY SONOVAGUN! (HAPPY WHISTLING)

That wretched jingle has my head fried.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    That wretched jingle has my head fried.

It's almost as annoying as Ali's headwobbles,, though not quite as annoying as Fiz. Yet.
    Also, trying to think, and I haven't a bog's notion as to what it's advertising. All that sticks in my head is the bloody tune..

It's almost as annoying as Ali's headwobbles,, though not quite as annoying as Fiz. Yet.
    Also, trying to think, and I haven't a bog's notion as to what it's advertising. All that sticks in my head is the bloody tune..

I believe its a car. Couldn't tell you what make, model or colour.

If they make those little bobble head toys from Corrie characters,Ali's will sell by a ship load! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ali's character is one of those that feels like a person that would be around other people and drag them down with them to their level of depression or whatever he is going through. I should imagine it must be hugely draining to play that character unless IRL he is a bit like that and playing the part comes easily?

you know like if your a happy go lucky kind of person a lot of the time and you went and visited him and he looked and spoke like that and wobbled his head and woe is me and i hate the world and everyone and 10 minutes later of just being in his company afterwards made you then feel depressed and wanting to slash your wrists and end it all .

I hope soon they get him back to his happy character again ... (er was he ever happy even before this drug storyline?)

Imagining Fiz loudly squawking out Lucky Lucky Lucky Me with her best nagging voice has already ruined my weekend lol.

Imagining Fiz loudly squawking out Lucky Lucky Lucky Me with her best nagging voice has already ruined my weekend lol.

Thanks for ruining mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

No Corrie tonight ???

I-hate-football.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

(Quote)[/quote]"I have to say i don't miss her whatsoever. She was quite a dull character without any interesting storylines that I can recall. Not a particularly great actress either. Her longevity may be her only claim to fame."[/quote]

I too found her boring and even irritating at times the way she pronounced 'Mister SuGDen"...and the way she rolled her eyes the whole time no matter what poor Percy did.
    I think maybe she represents better times in the show hence the nostalgia.
    Did anyone else notice Ken' s speech being a bit slurry during the party episode when talking to Liz and crying? I noticed it because my mother speaks like that at times. She was checked out and we know no reason for it. Maybe dehydration or her meds causing it I dunno but it unsettled me listening to Ken. For the first time he showed his age.
    Sarah looked beautiful in her dress. If she still has the hots for Gareh she needs a clip round the ear for keep ing Adam dangling like a wet lettuce.
    What's it with him and his unrequited love storylines? Can't they find one person for him who returns his adoration?
    Speaking of Gareh did you see Ali and Sarah standing across the road in an otherwise empty street blatantly gawping at him and Maria like two simple minded nosy people??? How in the fcuk did they not notice?? They weren't even trying to be discreet..

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sarah looked beautiful in her dress. If she still has the hots for Gareh she needs a clip round the ear for keep ing Adam dangling like a wet lettuce.
    What's it with him and his unrequited love storylines? Can't they find one person for him who returns his adoration?
    Speaking of Gareh did you see Ali and Sarah standing across the road in an otherwise empty street blatantly gawping at him and Maria like two simple minded nosy people??? How in the fcuk did they not notice?? They weren't even trying to be discreet..[/QUOTE]

You've a great turn of phrase Ann

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

Well I watched Wednesday’s episode on the player, having not watched in ages, and my god it’s grim :( The Daniel and Sinead stuff is so sad, and I still feel sad now, hours later!

Rather than think about how well acted it is (which it is) I just kind of feel, what is the point of this. There is so much misery and sadness in the world, I just want to be able to use Corrie to escape. They could have written her out some other way. As for raising awareness of cervical cancer- yeah maybe, but we all know cancer is bad. It’s all just very EastEnders-esque.

I dunno, just all so sad and relentless. Sorry for the philosophical musings!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Livvie wrote: »
    Well as she's not quite who she says she is, and has an agenda, she's likely accepting a pittance.

No, they've just shown us that there is one, so it's all speculation atm.

I know Corrie has had a lot of negative criticism lately, and it does need some more humour, but there are some good points imo:

1) Brilliant acting from both Sinead and Daniel, and the storyline is being handled very sensitively

2) Asha is an amazing young actress and that story is being handled well too

3) Evelyn is great

And is it just me, or has Claudia's character improved a lot?

Claudia certainly has been remarkably patient with losing out on money, between losing her house deposit to live in a terrace next to a pub where the adult children never move out (who got the house in the end?), paying for Peter's private rehab (which he didn't stick with), and paying for the Venice holiday for the whole family (that she didn't get to go on herself). Ken must be a demon in the sack.

Shelga wrote: »
    Well I watched Wednesday’s episode on the player, having not watched in ages, and my god it’s grim :( The Daniel and Sinead stuff is so sad, and I still feel sad now, hours later!

Rather than think about how well acted it is (which it is) I just kind of feel, what is the point of this. There is so much misery and sadness in the world, I just want to be able to use Corrie to escape. They could have written her out some other way. As for raising awareness of cervical cancer- yeah maybe, but we all know cancer is bad. It’s all just very EastEnders-esque.

I dunno, just all so sad and relentless. Sorry for the philosophical musings!

I agree with this and my hubby and me always argue about it. Yeah it's escapism from the horrors of real life and I think there are many other ways Sinead could leave. Hubby thinks it should be reflecting real life but it worries me about loved ones who are cancer survivorsand dealing with the anxiety of the annual check ups who may be watching and might be upset about Sinead's all clear diagnosis changing so suddenly.

What gets me is they try to address so much at once. Yes they are all good and apt stories however it's just a small area. Then to make it worse the writers seem to get bored and tie things up at times.

Now we have Sinead's story, Paul, Asha and chairman of overactors anonymous, Ali crammed into each episode. Why not do one or two well with some humour thrown in to better reflect daily life more in line with what Tony Warren created.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Some good news regarding corrie for a change.
    Gail Platt is back next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

mojonta wrote: »

That's not good news for me. !

• Advertisement

mojonta wrote: »

That's good news :confused::confused:

I know that person is a dose but another individual could do with a hand atm to try and put manners on a certain wee bollix who needs a kick up the arse. Sorry I can't work spoilers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sinead dies on
    25th October
    Denise Osbourne
    returns.

Sinead dies on
    25th October
    Denise Osbourne
    returns.

I don’t like her I don’t want her to return

Does Daniel have any contact with his mother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Shelga

Genuine question- is it realistic for someone with Sinead’s condition to go from feeling healthy, to passing away, within approximately 2 months? She’s still relatively ok physically, yet we can expect severe deterioration in the next couple of weeks?

I’m guessing it’s possible, but quite uncommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I don’t like her I don’t want her to return

I follow various spoilers pages online and people were always saying they hated Sinead and wished they'd get rid of her.
    Now they all love and don't want her to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Shelga wrote: »
    Genuine question- is it realistic for someone with Sinead’s condition to go from feeling healthy, to passing away, within approximately 2 months? She’s still relatively ok physically, yet we can expect severe deterioration in the next couple of weeks?

I’m guessing it’s possible, but quite uncommon.

There is a wide range of cancers and they can affect people differently depending on the areas affected, age, fitness, general health etc.

In my mothers case she was very healthy, strong lungs, very strong heart... They discovered a tumor on her lung, went to do a biopsy, it burst and she was dead 4 weeks later. When they turned off all supports, they expected her to die in 4-6 hours, she lasted 32 hours due to her physical strength. She was 69 years of age.

I've had a friend diagnosed and was put on remission, was tested very frequently, but died within 3 months of it coming back.

I'm no expert and know people on remission for 15+ years but yes, people can go very quickly depending on a wide range of circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

KevRossi wrote: »
    There is a wide range of cancers and they can affect people differently depending on the areas affected, age, fitness, general health etc.

In my mothers case she was very healthy, strong lungs, very strong heart... They discovered a tumor on her lung, went to do a biopsy, it burst and she was dead 4 weeks later. When they turned off all supports, they expected her to die in 4-6 hours, she lasted 32 hours due to her physical strength. She was 69 years of age.

I've had a friend diagnosed and was put on remission, was tested very frequently, but died within 3 months of it coming back.

I'm no expert and know people on remission for 15+ years but yes, people can go very quickly depending on a wide range of circumstances.

Very moving episode tonight. Great research . Brilliant acting by all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What a rubbish, pathetic scene yer man and yer one running. Falling. Going to the clinic. How can any producer stand over such low standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Is that woman meant to be the mum of the guy they buried under the garage? Can't remember his name. She hardly seems fitting.

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Is that woman meant to be the mum of the guy they buried under the garage? Can't remember his name. She hardly seems fitting.

Yes Callum's mother Marion (recast) granny to Max and Harry

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Callums mum used to be in the Bill... DC Croft.. DS Croft or something I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Dunno bout u but whenever i go to sue for custody of my grandchildren i ALWAYS use the solicitor across the road from the ppl i'm suing !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I follow various spoilers pages online and people were always saying they hated Sinead and wished they'd get rid of her.
    Now they all love and don't want her to go.

I want her to go! Can't wait for her final episode :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement