Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Why was Bethany's notebook in Sinead's bedroom?

What a fool he was to tell her about the kiss

From when Bethany did her hair the day or few days before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why was Bethany's notebook in Sinead's bedroom?

What a fool he was to tell her about the kiss

She conveniently left it there when giving Sinead a makeover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Ken talked him out of telling Sinead so to spare her the pain. As another poster said though, Sinead found Bethany’s notepad which had a story about a woman that fell in love with a journalist whose wife was dying.

Really would have though Sinead was too thick to connect the dots on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    She conveniently left it there when giving Sinead a makeover

The old pregnancy test kit in the bin trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

It's on at 9 tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

How exactly is Bethany in love with Daniel. They aren’t even friends just a work colleague.

Christ almighty. It’s hard enough to understand her normally, but I cannot understand a word she’s saying!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Christ almighty. It’s hard enough to understand her normally, but I cannot understand a word she’s saying!

I thought she said she loved rowing. But they were poor so I was expecting a story about how the couldn't afford a boat. It was drawing she loved :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

So hard to watch this. Its heartbreaking. Hate cancer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I know this is supposed to be emotional, but Jaysus ‘tis BRUTAL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Why is she recording messages to Bertie now, when she looks so ghostly? She has gone from looking like something from Aardman studios to the next ghost in The Conjuring universe! Talk about traumatic for the poor child. She'd need to record subtitles for him anyways, for him to understand her. I predict she will win some soap award next year, but nobody will have a clue what she is saying in her acceptance speech and the audience will just applaud politely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I know this is supposed to be emotional, but Jaysus ‘tis BRUTAL!

I've never wanted somebody to die so badly :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Poor Bethany will never understand what being in love is. She’s very damaged by what happened to her as a child. Never seen her or a mention once going for counseling and it’s something she’ll need for life.

Can someone refresh me on Ryan and Bethany breaking up please

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Poor Bethany will never understand what being in love is. She’s very damaged by what happened to her as a child. Never seen her or a mention once going for counseling and it’s something she’ll need for life.

It was a stupid twist to the story and a really bad choice of character to do it with. She thinks she's in love, kisses him and gets Ken tutting at her. Really insensitive storyline.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'd like to know too. Don't know what happened there

It was a stupid twist to the story and a really bad choice of character to do it with. She thinks she's in love, kisses him and gets Ken tutting at her. Really insensitive storyline.

It annoys me that he is well aware of Bethany’s background and has taken advantage of her too. Ken should have been berating him for that instead of making Bethany feel even worse.

Daniel thinks of himself no matter what , always been selfish . Thank goodness Bertie has Beth and Kirk. I was willing Chesney to go up see Sinead. She could do with a good friend to talk to.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Didn’t they shag once and then he moved onto his next true love, Alya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I'm not enjoying this storyline at all. Obviously we're meant to feel sorry for Sinead but I'm finding it very difficult. First of all that voice drives me insane! But mostly it's the way she treats Daniel who is so good to her. Him and Bethany had a very brief kiss when he was locked and it went no further. She's going on like he was having a full blown affair behind her back! She was so nasty to him on "Christmas Day" aswell, totally uncalled for. Sick of her now, will be glad when it's over. Daniel deserves a lot better.

I’d say the annoying things about Daniel are more promenant now she’s all these feelings and emotions about life changing for everyone. Not just herself.

• Advertisement

Im sorry but why in gods name would anyone tell a dying woman that her fella kissed another woman?? :rolleyes:
    In a normal situation, absolutely no good whatsoever would come of it even if he was the biggest bastard going. The last thing on earth a dying man or woman would want is to know something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Rumors going around that Paula sleeps with
    Tracey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Im sorry but why in gods name would anyone tell a dying woman that her fella kissed another woman?? :rolleyes:
    In a normal situation, absolutely no good whatsoever would come of it even if he was the biggest bastard going. The last thing on earth a dying man or woman would want is to know something like that.
    I do ask myself these questions and realise the tv program guide said it was a drama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tracey!

Freshpopcorn is on the vodka, lads!

To thine own self be true

Tracey!

Is she staying around so living and working on the street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Freshpopcorn is on the vodka, lads!

It's being reported by spoiler pages. Maybe they'll just a fumble together or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

I have a laptop, I use it a lot, I also use a laptop for work. I'm a reasonably intelligent person. I have absolutely no idea how to go about recording a video on a laptop. Sinead did though! It'd have been a bit more realistic to record on a phone I think.

I don't think anyone did? She found Bethanys diary, started joining the dots, for the first time in her life :D. Then she remembered her own suspicions and the time she had the conversation with Bethany. Daniel tried convincing Sinead it was all one sided. But then she was certain there was something not right and he eventually told her about this kiss.

I didn't get the feels like I was supposed to last night. The message to Bertie just droned on.

I was hoping the whole story would be like Meg and Blake in Home and Away so many donkeys years ago. But this is a horrible cold bitter end.

Do you think she’ll go to the hospice? Didn’t she tell Beth she wanted to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Do you think she’ll go to the hospice? Didn’t she tell Beth she wanted to.

Isn't she supposed to die tonight???

The video message was cringey :rolleyes:. Wouldn't you think Corrie would stump up a few quid for extras as Sinead's Mother, sister, father, whatever??? FFS

Daniel is a spineless Twunt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

I think they totally ruined what could have been a very good story with all the Daniel/Bethany shenanigans , they could also have had Sinead admit all the quackery holistic approach was wrong and she should have gone down the proper route to treat her cancer - that would at least have got a message across and maybe save someone in the future

I doubt we will see the Sinead actress again,shes not great and that voice,argh! Remember Ashley Peacock and his voice,never seen him in anything since, either!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭maurv2

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I doubt we will see the Sinead actress again,shes not great and that voice,argh! Remember Ashley Peacock and his voice,never seen him in anything since, either!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Arnold

According to this article , he seems to be doing ok career wise

Is the Sinead accent just from a particular area of England? I mean hardly unique to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

magicray wrote: »
    I think they totally ruined what could have been a very good story with all the Daniel/Bethany shenanigans , they could also have had Sinead admit all the quackery holistic approach was wrong and she should have gone down the proper route to treat her cancer - that would at least have got a message across and maybe save someone in the future

It would have been a great opportunity to reinforce the need for women to get regular smears as well. I don't think that's even been mentioned.

The whole Daniel/Bethany thing just seems like an excuse for Bethany to leave next year. She's supposed to be filming her final scenes in January so she'll probably move abroad because she's so in love with Daniel but knows he will never be with her.

Not watched it all week. Think I'll be skipping it tonight as well. It really isnt shaping up to be well executed.
    It's being reported by spoiler pages. Maybe they'll just a fumble together or something.

I read the same thing.

"And next week on Things-that-dont-happen-in-real-life Street, one character who has never shown a single ounce of interest in the same sex spends a night with another character she has never interacted with before.

I mean really. It's about as believable as Norris becoming a pimp. The show really has gone to the dogs. It's like Daniel and drinking. He doesn't drink. You never see him order as much as a pint. But when he gets upset he drinks vodka by the canal or in the street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Roy will have a christmas threeway with Adam and Kirk next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Tracey!

:eek:

Jeff2 wrote: »
    I do ask myself these questions and realise the tv program guide said it was a drama.

Lol, you got me on that one. Some of the writing is shíte though.

Finding this very hard to watch. It's extremely true to life. Credit to the researchers and well done to actors portraying the filthy disease of f....ing cancer.

Finding this very hard to watch. It's extremely true to life. Credit to the researchers and well done to actors portraying the filthy disease of f....ing cancer.

It WAS being well done. Until they fecked it up with a ridiculous side story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

I was hoping this storyline would be a good one but they seem to be making a dogs dinner of it all.. I wonder how much research they put into the whole thing.
    I think it’s just her acting that is making the whole thing cringe worthy rather than a sad end to a young girls life.
    So many missed opportunities to cover various cancer topics...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Gail needs a haircut, it reminds me of those dogs who can't hardly see due to too much hair around their eyes.

I don't think anyone did? She found Bethanys diary, started joining the dots, for the first time in her life :D. Then she remembered her own suspicions and the time she had the conversation with Bethany. Daniel tried convincing Sinead it was all one sided. But then she was certain there was something not right and he eventually told her about this kiss.

I didn't get the feels like I was supposed to last night. The message to Bertie just droned on.

I was hoping the whole story would be like Meg and Blake in Home and Away so many donkeys years ago. But this is a horrible cold bitter end.

Bit like Gloucester in King Lear, he could 'see better' after his eyes were gouged out

Tough watching. I remember the Alma storyline from back in 2001 and how sombre it was. The actors really felt it. To be fair I can't be too critical of even Sinead here either. The side storyline really took from it and was completely unnecessary.

harr wrote: »
    I was hoping this storyline would be a good one but they seem to be making a dogs dinner of it all.. I wonder how much research they put into the whole thing.
    I think it’s just her acting that is making the whole thing cringe worthy rather than a sad end to a young girls life.
    So many missed opportunities to cover various cancer topics...

Research is brilliant. Especially when she said not to give her too much morphine in case she didn't wake up. I recently witnessed those exact same words been said. Think I will leave last half hour to watch tomorrow. It's too raw and true to life at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

In absolute bits, that was heavy going but my god what a performance by those two actors - one of the best episodes I have ever seen in a soap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ok they pulled out a brilliant last episode once they got past/ignored the ridiculous Bethany side story- I was in bits watching that :(

Sinead was great but the guy who plays Daniel is an incredible actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I was one of those who wanted Sinead dead, couldn't stand her voice. But watching the show tonight was tough. It brought back so many bad memories. I held my uncle's hand as cancer took him, and I was alone with my mother in the hospital the night she passed away, and some of the scenes tonight brought it all back. I'm not ashamed to say, I shed a tear or two tonight, and then poured a large glass of wine.

For the most part, great performances all round tonight. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i'd be lying if i said i didnt have a lump in my throat at the end there . - its so silly, you know its a soap, you know its not real and they are all actors and no-one really died but it still moves you - its a times like this you know how powerful dramas can grip viewers and pull them in and make it feel like someone has really died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

Fantastic research. Particularly with the morphine and not fearing death, just fearing leaving your child /children. Carbon copy if my own situation recently.

Sinead mother wafting in at the final hour is beyond ridiculous though. Sinead telling her she was a great mother was laughable

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement