Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Fiz' nanny is so creepy. I get chills when she does her secret grin.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

All she’s short is a fake moustache to twirl ... maybe a top hat and monicle also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Have to say I'm enjoying the calmer , quieter softer Gemma a whole lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

All she’s short is a fake moustache to twirl ... maybe a top hat and monicle also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I do not like Billy and Paul as a couple

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Me neither. Thoroughly unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭doughef

Why does everything Rita says , sound like she’s giving a sermon ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Does Grace (?) not understand that Michael has a right to be apart of the child's life? She's acting like he's a murderer or something! He's being a doormat here.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Remember Billy was a bit wild (He was part of a robbing gang who inadvertently caused Susan Barlow's death) in his youth and probably relates to Paul so maybe they are not as unrealisistic as it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Surely to goodness the first order of business now that Billy and Paul are moving in together along with Summer is to boot that freeloader Sean out.

Jikashi wrote: »
    Surely to goodness the first order of business now that Billy and Paul are moving in together along with Summer is to boot that freeloader Sean out.

Sean has to stay there to live so the obvious affair between him and Paul can happen :rolleyes:

Fiz Stape and Tyrone Dobbs are in for anything but a happy New Year in the coming weeks, as an upcoming storyline is set to tear their worlds apart.

According to a report in The Sun, Fiz and Tyrone will be left blind-sided in the New Year when newcomer Jade Rowan reports them to social services.

In a devastating blow to the couple, Jade falsely accuses Fiz and Tyrone of child abuse, resulting in Hope and Ruby being taken into care.

A recent newcomer to the cobbles, Jade is currently helping Fiz's troubled daughter Hope after previously working with her as a teaching assistant in Birmingham.

Viewers are already wary of Jade, suspecting an ulterior motive for her recent move into Number 9. However, Fiz and Tyrone remain oblivious to the fact that she can't be trusted – something actress Jennie McAlpine is all too aware of.

"Fiz really likes Jade. After all, she brought Jade to Weatherfield to help with Hope," she explained. "Fiz wants Hope to be okay, so she is happy that Hope responds to Jade, but she is gutted that Hope listens to Jade and not to her.

"It makes Fiz feel totally useless as a mother. Jade seems to have a great relationship with Hope and she can control Hope in a way that Fiz can't."

Next week's Coronation Street will see Fiz and Tyrone break the news to Jade that her services will no longer be required, as they've managed to enrol Hope back into Bessie Street School. But will Fiz be able to let Jade go following concerns over her daughter's behaviour?

"Fiz does agree that when Hope goes back to school, there is no real need for Jade," Jenny admitted, "but she is worried that without Jade in the house, Hope may go back to how she was."

Fiz Stape and Tyrone Dobbs are in for anything but a happy New Year in the coming weeks, as an upcoming storyline is set to tear their worlds apart.

According to a report in The Sun, Fiz and Tyrone will be left blind-sided in the New Year when newcomer Jade Rowan reports them to social services.

In a devastating blow to the couple, Jade falsely accuses Fiz and Tyrone of child abuse, resulting in Hope and Ruby being taken into care.

A recent newcomer to the cobbles, Jade is currently helping Fiz's troubled daughter Hope after previously working with her as a teaching assistant in Birmingham.

Viewers are already wary of Jade, suspecting an ulterior motive for her recent move into Number 9. However, Fiz and Tyrone remain oblivious to the fact that she can't be trusted – something actress Jennie McAlpine is all too aware of.

"Fiz really likes Jade. After all, she brought Jade to Weatherfield to help with Hope," she explained. "Fiz wants Hope to be okay, so she is happy that Hope responds to Jade, but she is gutted that Hope listens to Jade and not to her.

"It makes Fiz feel totally useless as a mother. Jade seems to have a great relationship with Hope and she can control Hope in a way that Fiz can't."

Next week's Coronation Street will see Fiz and Tyrone break the news to Jade that her services will no longer be required, as they've managed to enrol Hope back into Bessie Street School. But will Fiz be able to let Jade go following concerns over her daughter's behaviour?

"Fiz does agree that when Hope goes back to school, there is no real need for Jade," Jenny admitted, "but she is worried that without Jade in the house, Hope may go back to how she was."
    That kind of flies in the face of Monday nights episode where the finger of blame for the fire was pointing very much at hope. Can they really ignore that and send he back to school?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Fizz is a nutjob. That constant screeching and high pitched voice would drive anyone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Omg. Bloody hell. Corrie is brilliant at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

so are Hope and the Nanny sisters?

casio4 wrote: »
    so are Hope and the Nanny sisters?

Yes Jade is John Stape's daughter too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Would Stape not have mentioned to Fiz about having a daughter and referred to her by her first name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Don't know how anyone can live in a household like that, having a argument with your partner ,then having the nanny and the granny looking on... Ah no I couldn't live like that.

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Would Stape not have mentioned to Fiz about having a daughter and referred to her by her first name?

I thought sister or ex lover as he did like them young, was Rosie one of his conquests also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I thought sister or ex lover as he did like them young, was Rosie one of his conquests also

Is there a chance Rosie's her mother so lol!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Billy: "I've never seen anyone make a sausage disappear that quickly"
    Paul:"Oooh Vicar!!"

Fcukin hell..was like "Carry on Corrie" there for a mo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Don't know how anyone can live in a household like that, having a argument with your partner ,then having the nanny and the granny looking on... Ah no I couldn't live like that.

Forget the fighting and the pyromaniac daughter, how could you live in a house with that suffocating wallpaper? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Roy's niece looks like she's over 18, can't see why he's been asking to take care of her... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭magicray

Typical Corrie with the totally unbelievable storylines

John Stape and Fizz were together years - , I don't recall him ever mentioning having a child previously and all the crying and declaration of undying love for him at the graveside when she obviously didn't hear from him for years on end :rolleyes:

Billy is annoying me at the moment too he is like a love sick puppy with all the fawning over Paul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

doughef wrote:
    Why does everything Rita says , sound like she’s giving a sermon ??

She's not a particularly good actress. Can't remember anything she's been in other than Corrie. And that's not a good sign. Like Ken and other longtimers they settle for mediocrity.
    The producers should know her speech pattern is all wrong. She always sounds like she's giving judgement. But there are so many things wrong with the programme it is clear the producers are a lazy crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The maths here are blowing my mind. According to the headstone, John was 32 or thereabouts when he died, and he was around 27 when he joined the show. He was also said to be in a relationship with Fiz when they were teens, and for all the years they were together he never mentioned or even hinted at a daughter, let alone one who was seemingly devoted to him. Jade couldn't possibly be younger than her mid twenties, so she was conceived when John was in his mid teens?! Not to mention none of this makes sense for the character of John Stape. He didn't seem the sort to have abandoned his child, and if he simply wasn't aware she existed, the fact that his death has her devastated nearly a decade later and the fact she knew about and cared about him enough to sit by his graveside reading his poetry wouldn't make sense either if they had no relationship.

A sister would have made more sense, or a former student of his who adored him like Rosie Webster did when she was a teenager.

On a side note, can we slow it down with the long lost heretofore unknown adult family coming out of the woodwork? Between Carla and Johnny, Tyrone and Evelyn, Steve and Emma, Roy and Jeremy Corbyn/Nina, the near-miss with Jim McDonald's "daughter" and now this. I almost predict Daniel's next storyline will be encountering a teenage girl who turns out to Sinéad's secret lovechild from a scandal before she met Chesney...

We have Leo/Tony in Eastenders and Nate/Cain in Emmerdale and now Jade/John in Corrie all long lost kids wanting revenge

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭dixiedan

Is "Father" Billy a properly ordained Church Of England vicar or is he one of these self appointed pastor types?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Yep. Can you imagine Vicar Billy introducing his partner to the colonels and doctors at the church fete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

We have Leo/Tony in Eastenders and Nate/Cain in Emmerdale and now Jade/John in Corrie all long lost kids wanting revenge
    Wait!!!! Leo / Tony on EE?????? When was that revealed? I know I only keep half an eye on the soaps, but I’m baffled as to how that went over my head. Could someone let me know how we the audience know, and who on the Square knows?
    Thanks a mill

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Wait!!!! Leo / Tony on EE?????? When was that revealed? I know I only keep half an eye on the soaps, but I’m baffled as to how that went over my head. Could someone let me know how we the audience know, and who on the Square knows?
    Thanks a mill

Eastenders:

Leo is Tony's son who abused Whitney but Leo thinks Whitney lied which lead to his dad in prison dying, he now is with Whitney, Bianca knows but she is gone again, Callum and Jack kinda know Leo is bad news

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Eastenders:

Leo is Tony's son who abused Whitney but Leo thinks Whitney lied which lead to his dad in prison dying, he now is with Whitney, Bianca knows but she is gone again, Callum and Jack kinda know Leo is bad news

Thanks for that Liz. That whole storyline would have been lost on me. Cheers.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Jikashi wrote: »
    The maths here are blowing my mind. According to the headstone, John was 32 or thereabouts when he died, and he was around 27 when he joined the show. He was also said to be in a relationship with Fiz when they were teens, and for all the years they were together he never mentioned or even hinted at a daughter, let alone one who was seemingly devoted to him. Jade couldn't possibly be younger than her mid twenties, so she was conceived when John was in his mid teens?! Not to mention none of this makes sense for the character of John Stape. He didn't seem the sort to have abandoned his child, and if he simply wasn't aware she existed, the fact that his death has her devastated nearly a decade later and the fact she knew about and cared about him enough to sit by his graveside reading his poetry wouldn't make sense either if they had no relationship.

A sister would have made more sense, or a former student of his who adored him like Rosie Webster did when she was a teenager.

On a side note, can we slow it down with the long lost heretofore unknown adult family coming out of the woodwork? Between Carla and Johnny, Tyrone and Evelyn, Steve and Emma, Roy and Jeremy Corbyn/Nina, the near-miss with Jim McDonald's "daughter" and now this. I almost predict Daniel's next storyline will be encountering a teenage girl who turns out to Sinéad's secret lovechild from a scandal before she met Chesney...

This would have been a great twist, ignoring the dates, if we hadn't had the same thing with Bethany/Neil/Neils daughter only a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

dixiedan wrote: »
    Is "Father" Billy a properly ordained Church Of England vicar or is he one of these self appointed pastor types?

I think he just put the collar on for a fancy dress party, and never took it off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭threetrees

Not sure if I like a Seb-Emma pairing.

Is Angela Griffin coming to Corrie or was that video way back her "return"? I'd love to see her back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The Jade story would have been different if it had turned out that the grave was Jade and John Staples baby and that was why Jade was obsessed with Hope.

To thine own self be true

I missed last nights. But the absence of comments here suggest it was literally nothing to write home about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I missed last nights. But the absence of comments here suggest it was literally nothing to write home about.

The comments here are my favourite thing about the show.

• Advertisement

Vicky would be a great cast choice if she was selected to play a younger sister of Michelle Fairley's character in any production (Catelyn Stark from Game of Thrones) . Both Northern Ireland actresses and there is similarities in their appearance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Poor Hope has no chance of improving at maths if Fizz’s idea of ‘counting to 5’ goes 5 4 3 2 1.

Is Vickie in cohoots with Michelle to frame Robert for killing her?

Yeah, something dodgy going on. The way Vicky turned up at the Bistro, caused a scene but did not broadcast to everyone that Robert is the father of her unborn child was strange to say the least....

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Muller1991

LordBasil wrote: »
    Yeah, something dodgy going on. The way Vicky turned up at the Bistro, caused a scene but did not broadcast to everyone that Robert is the father of her unborn child was strange to say the least....

More importantly, Is Vicky Alive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

LordBasil wrote: »

She is trying to frame Robert I reckon. That's why in front of everyone she said he was hurting her etc and starting the fight in the house. She's trying to set him up I reckon.

• Advertisement

Muller1991 wrote: »
    More importantly, Is Vicky Alive ?

Of course she is. If Robert killed her, he'd be killing the baby he's wanted for so long. He would not do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I thought the same! She turned up at the right time at the bistro, made it clear in front of people that he was "hurting her", gave Michelle the perfect opportunity to get him to sign over the bistro.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭mojonta

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Poor Hope has no chance of improving at maths if Fizz’s idea of ‘counting to 5’ goes 5 4 3 2 1.

I didn't think Fiz would have been able to get to 5 actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

mojonta wrote: »
    I didn't think Fiz would have been able to get to 5 actually.

And if she did it would be in that moany, whingy voice she has. Drives me mad :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Where is Dev? I haven't seen him in ages

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement