Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

feckit - have i missed the wedding ?? - im pretty sure i saw the 2 episodes on wednesday

There was one yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gary killed Rick and damaged the factory roof which fell in causing Rana's death

I hope Gary goes on a spree taking out Maria, Michelle and her boys

Hardly makes him a serial killer. He killed one person in self-defence. The other deaths were accidental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Gary's about as intimidating and scary as a fluffy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

I can't believe Gary keeps the book and a box of cash in some flimsy fuse box cover. Even Dr. Ali found it in a few seconds. You can get a safe in Aldi for £30.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

The development of his character is about the only interesting thing left in the show.

Not sure how but Gary's IQ seems to have increases by at least 40%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Remember when David and Pat Phelan battered him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I just can't take Gary seriously with his spindly little legs and his gel plastered hair, trying to be the big man....and Ryan saying he'd no idea what he was capable of?? He just gave him a few kicks and thumps! Ryan didn't even try to fight back...He just cowered in terror like a pretty Victorian scullery maid in a haybarn on the night of the ball...Gary's hardly Conor McGregor. Preposterous....that's what i say, preposterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Had forgotten all about Faye!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭MsWesterosi

They're trying to make Gary into the second incarnation of Pat Phelan. Even the whole being a step ahead of the game thing with Ali, when Ali was certain he'd gotten the upper hand, in he swoops and plays the trump card; similar happened to Phelan's adversaries. He's even starting to talk like him. For example, when he was giving Liam the talk about violence and defeating your enemies with brains - I think Pat once said pretty much the same thing to someone.

Super villain Gary is no Phelan, though; he's pathetic and laughable. And wouldn't you think that taking a leaf out of Phelan's playbook would be the last thing he'd want to do, considering what he did to his family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

The development of his character is about the only interesting thing left in the show.

Not sure how but Gary's IQ seems to have increases by at least 40%

He has clearly taken the pills from “limitless”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I still can't take to David and Shona being together, it's just too unbelievable for that to happen.... No wonder Max so messed up... Poor lad is struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,261 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I still can't take to David and Shona being together, it's just too unbelievable for that to happen.... No wonder Max so messed up... Poor lad is struggling.

They're also physically mismatched.
    When they kiss, it looks like he's snogging his ma or some older woman.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They're also physically mismatched.
    When they kiss, it looks like he's snogging his ma or some older woman.

Her son looks older than David.

Hope Jazz cops onto the that sceaming Jeff soon..... I've noticed it's almost always the woman who are hard done by... Is this a reflection of true life?

..and he said during the ceremony that she is the "love of his life"...I thought Kylie was.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

And what was all that donut and hole stuff? Hallmark's Valentine cards for Dublin? I love you my donut, especially your h....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Her son looks older than David.

Hope Jazz cops onto the that sceaming Jeff soon..... I've noticed it's almost always the woman who are hard done by... Is this a reflection of true life?

The Yasmeen/Geoff story has gone on far too long. It is exasperating at this stage to see how he is manipulating her. I realise that in real life that this kind of gaslighting can go on for years, but I can't wait until the creep is finally found out.

Why doesn't Ali just tell Maria about his addiction?? Then tell her about Gary's loan sharking. Fcuk sake! Ryan needs to stand up to him too.
    Jeff is becoming unbearable to watch... What a horrible little individual. I CAN'T STAND HIM!

Ann22 wrote: »
    Why doesn't Ali just tell Maria about his addiction?? Then tell her about Gary's loan sharking. Fcuk sake! Ryan needs to stand up to him too.
    Jeff is becoming unbearable to watch... What a horrible little individual. I CAN'T STAND HIM!

And or think Audrey nearly fell for him

Havn't watched Corrie in about a fortnight. Was really hoping the whole Geoff thing would have finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,742 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

What annoys me about the Geoff thing is it pops up ever few weeks and then it's sort of forgotten about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Lot of cleavage there Michelle.

I hope they go to Vegas and Yasmin pushes Geoff off the Hoover dam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Why are Gemma & Chesney putting up with that stupid mother?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I hope they go to Vegas and Yasmin pushes Geoff off the Hoover dam.
    Tired and misread this as 'pushes Geoff off the damn hoover' 😂
    I'm wondering if they'll come back married, I think he'll persuade her to get hitched and then clean her out for all she's worth when they get back. Didn't we already see him wanting Aliya out of Speed Dahl or something like that - he's a gold digger as well as 2 timing manipulative sod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭bobbyss

What annoys me about the Geoff thing is it pops up ever few weeks and then it's sort of forgotten about.

Yeah. And Dev's daughter with the skin issue. The same. One day it's the biggest thing. Next thing it's all forgotten about too.

Icsics wrote: »
    Why are Gemma & Chesney putting up with that stupid mother?

Its time she fecked off back to Holby! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭threetrees

I play the same Scrabble game as Roy!

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I'll admit it's addictive.

threetrees wrote: »
    I play the same Scrabble game as Roy!

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing but I'll admit it's addictive.

So do I. And yeah it is addictive.

I can't believe Yasmeen is taking such abuse from Geoff. She wasn't even that keen on him in the 1st place. He had to pester her for ages to let him into her boudoir without his pyjama bottoms.
    Why did Alya take so long to cop on to what Michelle was getting at?? ..and then to blab to your man??? Why do characters continually take the word of complete strangers over long term friends and colleagues. It happens over and over.
    Your one Tyler's mum(Vicky?) Is looking very pretty these days. Robert has to be the stupidest person on the planet. How long does he expect to get away with this??
    Carla finds Roy saying staring at the Scrabble game at cockcrow in the morning..he's confused because his opponent isn't taking his go..why hasn't it dawned on him that he's been in bed like the rest of the country? So I guess Roy's brother dies and his daughter comes to live with Roy? He looked a bit long in the tooth to be the young one's dad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

What age is Faye? She’s very young looking to be working in the Bistro.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement