Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I f**king hate Geoff.

Horrible, horrible man.

https://evoke.ie/2019/12/13/showbiz/corrie-contracts

Some have renewed their contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Audrey Roberts, Gail Rodwell, Roy Cropper, Ken Barlow, David Platt, Kevin Webster, Izzy Armstrong, Paul Foreman, Steve McDonald, Tim Metcalfe, Sally Metcalfe and Eileen Grimshaw

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Audrey Roberts, Gail Rodwell, Roy Cropper, Ken Barlow, David Platt, Kevin Webster, Izzy Armstrong, Paul Foreman, Steve McDonald, Tim Metcalfe, Sally Metcalfe and Eileen Grimshaw

Yep. Shocking, isn't it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Do I dare to hope Fiz hasn't signed on the dotted line. I suppose that would be too much good luck. Oh god Geoff needs a massive slap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I HATE him too! Lucky I'm not Yasmeen's biggest fan in the first place or I wouldn't be able to watch. Wish she'd tell him to fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

Ken's family tree is so odd. If Daniel and Bethany ended up together, then he'd be going out with his nephew's girlfriend's daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Shelga

Urgh, watching Chesney and Gemma look after 4 babies is going to be boring beyond belief.

Shelga wrote: »
    Urgh, watching Chesney and Gemma look after 4 babies is going to be boring beyond belief.

Not to worry. They’ll all be upstairs listening to their tapes for the next 10 years, or until ‘Ope burns the whole street down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Not to worry. They’ll all be upstairs listening to their tapes for the next 10 years, or until ‘Ope burns the whole street down.

And remember Bernie and Jozef live there too in a 3 bed terrace :D

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I have to watch 52 episodes this week to catch up, I am on 21st October, I think that must be a record of most episodes watched in a week. I remember in December 2007 I watched 3 months of Home & Away in a few weeks, that was the early days of soaps being uploaded online. I am also 3 months behind in Home & Away and Neighbours. People would say I am a sad case for watching so much soap opera but they are the same people who obsess over nonsense like Game of Thrones. The reason I am behind is mostly because of those 1991 EastEnders episodes on Drama, 10 episodes a week isn't easy going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Sparko wrote: »
    Ken's family tree is so odd. If Daniel and Bethany ended up together, then he'd be going out with his nephew's girlfriend's daughter.

That's mad. Ken sired kids so far spread across his life that Daniel is seven or eight years younger than his nephew Adam, combine that with Sarah having Bethany in her preteens and you end up with a weird mix of family roles without either pairing having any major age gap.

I like to think that someone in the Corrie offices has a giant cork board with pictures and different coloured string whose job it is to make sure the gnarled family trees and blended families don't become incenstous or cyclical.
    Like making sure that Oliver doesn't end up paired with any of the quadruplets in the future because they'd be first cousins, or how Harry and Max are simultaneously cousins and brothers to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Hahaha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Jikashi wrote: »
    That's mad. Ken sired kids so far spread across his life that Daniel is seven or eight years younger than his nephew Adam, combine that with Sarah having Bethany in her preteens and you end up with a weird mix of family roles without either pairing having any major age gap.

I like to think that someone in the Corrie offices has a giant cork board with pictures and different coloured string whose job it is to make sure the gnarled family trees and blended families don't become incenstous or cyclical.
    Like making sure that Oliver doesn't end up paired with any of the quadruplets in the future because they'd be first cousins, or how Harry and Max are simultaneously cousins and brothers to each other.
    How would Oliver and the babies be related

How would Oliver and the babies be related

Indirectly through the Battersebys. Chesneys mother married Leanns father. I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Sparko

Jikashi wrote: »

Shame they didn't use that chart for Carla. Fair enough her incestuous relationships with Paul and Liam were before she knew they were related, but she knew full well she was related to Ali when they were at it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Rita is heading for a sad Christmas, spent alone.

As usual, the writers are tearing the arse out of this storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Geoff further confirms my theory that u should never trust a man who wears a necklace. It shows a major character defect.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

He proposed to Vicky while with Michelle. Thats cheating.

Yes of course - I was thinking of how when got Vicky pregnant in the first place. He should have just been honest from the start. But the writers don't think like normal people. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The story writers in Corrie have a bigamy fetish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,180 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Michelle is playing with fire.
    Robert will rat her and her separated at birth sons out.

To thine own self be true

RobertKK wrote: »
    The story writers in Corrie have a bigamy fetish.

Tim and Sally are a terrific couple. Why do they keep trying to break them up?

And sorry Roy, but my train set at 8 was way more complicated than yours.

Edit: and I'm sorry but Roy's niece is really starting to annoy me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

1. I cant believe that Siouxsie Sioux is doing needlework and not off biting the heads off chickens.
    2. I can't believe that in 2019 a football fan is listening to a match on the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wanted Carla and Peter to follow Michelle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

1. I cant believe that Siouxsie Sioux is doing needlework and not off biting the heads off chickens.
    2. I can't believe that in 2019 a football fan is listening to a match on the radio.

It's a small local team! They're not going to showing it on Sky Sports!

There are plenty who still do. The minor leagues especially. They sound much more exciting on radio! Try it sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Icsics

Where does Vicky plan on having the baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭maurv2

Icsics wrote: »
    Where does Vicky plan on having the baby?

And is she going to take on a completely new identity for the rest of her life? Ridiculous story.

Robert was never my favourite character , but I really want to see him coming out of this one and Michelle with her two imbecile sons doing a long stretch.

I suppose we'll have to give Vicky a pass, baby and all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I don’t think Ali and Ryan are involved in this. More like Carla. Remember Michelle asking Carla to a favor for her before the wedding. I knew it was Vicky related.

• Advertisement

On part 2, its weatherfield county, so probably not on TV. But by same logic, probably wouldn't be on the radio either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement