Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Coronation Street are looking for new writers to bring it back to it traditional roots due to criticism of newer darker story lines.

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/tv/2103334/coronation-street-launches-hunt-for-new-writers-to-take-show-back-to-its-traditional-roots/
    CV at the ready FP?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

CV at the ready FP?

I'd be tempted but the commute everyday to Manchester would kill me!

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

I'd be tempted but the commute everyday to Manchester would kill me!

You could always just stay at Eileen's, her house is massive! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,860 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Nicola moving in with Pat and Eileen, I think she wants Gary for herself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭cumulonimbus

Or move in with Maria, she seems quite welcoming. :D

You could always just stay at Eileen's, her house is massive! :D

I better be on team Pat or I'd be screwed.
    Or move in with Maria, she seems quite welcoming. :D

I think if I lived with Maria I'd have to get myself tested regularly and I'd barely get any sleep I'd say all her guests would be noisy!

I better be on team Pat or I'd be screwed.

I think if I lived with Maria I'd have to get myself tested regularly and I'd barely get any sleep I'd say all her guests would be noisy!

Don't worry about Pat, with the size of her multi-room mansion you may never see him.

Don't worry about Pat, with the size of her multi-room mansion you may never see him.

Every time he went out I'd be looking for his tool box!

Quick question how many months pregnant is Nicola?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I dunno how far nicola is gone

wasn't alyia supposed to be preggers at one stage? - what happened to that?. Was it Gary's or was it jason grimshaw's ?

I dunno how far nicola is gone

wasn't alyia supposed to be preggers at one stage? - what happened to that?. Was it Gary's or was it jason grimshaw's ?

Gary never got the his way with Alya

Was she sleeping with Luke or back waiting again after her dalliance with Jason?

I just checked YouTube and their one-night stand was in the episodes on September 29, 2017. She's almost 4 months gone roughly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Nicola to get Pat to kill Gary after he chooses Sarah over her...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Audrey is hilarious. Her 80 year old mate going on a space simulator when she can't even handle a car journey :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I just checked YouTube and their one-night stand was in the episodes on September 29, 2017. She's almost 4 months gone roughly

She's miles bigger than Eva and they're near enough the same stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Audrey is hilarious. Her 80 year old mate going on a space simulator when she can't even handle a car journey :pac:

Eh?

happyday wrote: »
    Eh?

Audrey said something along those lines on Friday night!

What time of the day are they all in the pub?

I read an article on Friday night and it had a few Tweets that said the new guy was really creepy. What has he done to make him creepy?

Peter spends more time in that attic than he does behind the bar. Toyah is another one who is rarely seen actually doing her job.

I've two friends who ran a pub and it took over their life. Working 7 days a week. Not having so much time on their hands they can refurbish the attic and go to vegan meetups in town.

Alyas mourning is getting hard to take. They'd only been together a wet week.

• Advertisement

Should Alya really be going around in her nurses uniform in public?

When did Weatherfield get a Costa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I read an article on Friday night and it had a few Tweets that said the new guy was really creepy. What has he done to make him creepy?

He rapes David

He rapes David

I know that but did he do anything creepy yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I know that but did he do anything creepy yet?

No, nothing I noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Christ above, but that idea with Eva and Toyah and the baby is probably the worst thought out plot in a long time. And that's saying summat.

Toyah was right; real back of a packet of fags stuff, but by the writers.

Oh, I can't wait for Eileen to find out how much of a fool she has been.

This Toyah Eva thing is bizarre

What about Sally, she s the mayor :pac: :pac:

Even the characters are starting to question the storylines :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Shelga

How long were Alya and Luke actually together, 2 months??

The Eva Toyah storyline is beyond daft! No one in their right mind would ever go along with this ridiculous plan!

• Advertisement

I have to say I like Nicola!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Greybottle

Shelga wrote: »

The Eva Toyah storyline is beyond daft! No one in their right mind would ever go along with this ridiculous plan!

The only guarantee about the plan is that it will blow up in their faces with the usual recrimminations. Awful stuff to watch.

People have got over husbands/wives in soaps in a shorter period! She even got over her father fast enogh!

Eva will keep the baby and leave and Peter will cheat or leave Toyah over her lying to him.

Nicola has a bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Ann22 wrote:
    She's miles bigger than Eva and they're near enough the same stage.

I wonder is Nicola pregnant in real life? Her face looks a lot fuller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

This Toyah Eva thing is bizarre

Totally bizarre, bordering on weird. I actually don’t think I’m going to be able to watch it!

Good for Tim too. Sack the dozy b1tch even if it is unrealistic.

Now Shona and Maria are enemies but her and Eva besties

I have to say I like Nicola!

A rarity in soapland. Beauty, rationality, and brains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

What time of the day are they all in the pub?

All feicin day, every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

She'll be like

EjSceVb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I wanted Steve to agree with Tim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

This has been going on for ages, Peter going on about bustin his hump working on an attic conversion to the point where he's almost finished and we haven't seen him with so much as a tool in his hand, speck of paint or dust, and not even a bit of noise. Wouldn't be an incredible twist if after all these months Toyah sees that Peter has made no progress and has gone insane, like Shelley Duvall finding what Jack Nicholson's been typing up for months in The Shining.

--

How long does Dev expect to keep his hundreds of pizzas sellable if he's not even refrigerating the things? Also after talking Kate into taking two, she walked out without paying for them.

--

Toyah was very annoying re Eva's decision. Whatever you choose I'll support you, except now I know what you finally decided I'll head you off in the waiting room, make you doubt yourself further, unfavourably equate abortion and adoption and generally say whatever I can to make you go with the option that suits me.

--

Do the characters in the show not realise they can live elsewhere in Weatherfield off of that street. They can still live in Weatherfield and be close enough to see their friends and family without living opposite Pat Phelan. Neither Sally nor Tim's jobs have any massive benefit to living on that street. They can do what Audrey does, live off the street and pick and choose whether to be around when the latest brawl, crash, fire, explosion or serial killer occurs.

--

Finally, he guy organising the boxing event using a clipboard to take down the names of people he doesn't know. I'd love if every entry he wrote was "Tyrone", "cafe girl", "hairdresser", "other hairdresser", "bartender", "christeeean girl"

Hopefully while she feels the deathly grip of Phelans hands around her throat at the same time. She is a clown

Hopefully while she feels the deathly grip of Phelans hands around her throat at the same time. She is a clown

When he's gone she'll really have no one. No Tod, Jason, Sean, etc. Her 2 up 2 down mansion will be empty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

I hear Toyah Battersby is to become the Weatherfield Rep for the Iona Institute

There is a rumour that Louise Marwood (Chrissie from Emmerdale) is joining as Vinny's wife

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭cathy427

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There is rumours his exit is in May around time of Britain's Got Talent big live week
    [ SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Could we a general policy where we spoiler tag the rumours please - I really enjoyed the discussions on here but the "rumours" of stuff not happening until next May ruins the suspense/enjoyment of the show.

Edit - eg it was great not knowing about Luke until it happened!!! I know Corrie didn't let it out but you get my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭cathy427

[QUOTE=J
    --

How long does Dev expect to keep his hundreds of pizzas sellable if he's not even refrigerating the things? Also after talking Kate into taking two, she walked out without paying for them.

--

[/QUOTE]

Have to watch the 2nd Monday episode yet but was wondering on the pizzas on the open shelf! WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When he's gone she'll really have no one. No Tod, Jason, Sean, etc. Her 2 up 2 down mansion will be empty!

Sure the new mechanic will need somewhere to live :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement