Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Roy telling Brian Carla's secret is the same as taking out a full page ad in the gazette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Tracey:"I can hardly bring Any to the funeral can I?"

Er, why not? I spent half my teenage years at one funeral or another.

Children here are 'protected' from anything to do with death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

That marriage lasted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,850 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

loved the way it felt like zedan was emphasizing "he" and said "he" and "him" an awful lot LOL

if gary keeps on trying to get on with phelan like that, then its not going to be too long before phelan starts thinking something fishy is going on ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,860 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Carla tells brother Rob too

if Fred Elliot was still about Carla could have gone into his shop and ask for a kidney ... "I say, ..... I say kidney!"

That was a little homophobic of Toyah!

Kinda agree and kinda don’t she’s friend with Sean no? Banter?

As for product placement it shouldn’t be allowed I think I mean we’re paying to watching the soaps already etc

It was total banter but some would get offended by it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

That Luke was weightless, the way they carried the coffin!

• Advertisement

That actress who plays Steph is a stunning looking woman!

Invincible wrote: »
    That Luke was weightless, the way they carried the coffin!

Probably not much left after the fire :ermm:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Probably not much left after the fire :ermm:

Cinders?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I know I keep harping on about it but I'm finding it hard to get past the memory of Steph's final scenes. With her fleeing to the airport in terror after begging Andy to hurry before Phelan caught up with him. Then she accepts a simple text message finishing it....and then no more contact from him??? Even to Luke?? ...and Luke didn't mention his own recent suspicions to anyone at all, not one solitary person, least of all his sister ffs!..
    I know there's talk of this whole thing with Phelan finishing up this year .... but this year could be Xmas.
    Before I leave the subject, Roy didn't go to Luke's funeral saying funerals were for close friends and family, then why was Eileen sitting there like a big turnip and Phelan beside her wtf?!
    Amy's really getting on my nerves...complete overactor! Spoilt little witch and the cheek of her the way she speaks to her elders.
    What's going on with the kidneys in the street. Half the streets' residents are walking around missing one....well two of them are (...I like to exaggerate.:P)What's the chances though? I wouldn't fancy giving her one of mine, she'd only drown it in drink. What a boring storyline. Someone will give her a kidney and that'll be it, all sorted.
    What's Rana's problem now? She's going around miserably, this months, mooning after Kate. Why is it suddenly over with Kate? I thought they LOOOOVED each other?? I wouldn't fancy waiting around for Zee to come out of his huff. Think he's one of those seriously incredible sulkers.
    This Toyah/Eva story has to end with Eva running off with Shane Ward.. so it's looking like Toyah will be disappointed again. I'm not sure she suits Peter at all either.

Eileen and Phelan were Luke's landlords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭threetrees

They could have hired a few extras for the funeral. It was the smallest funeral I've ever seen. I know funerals are different in the UK, but still....it was a pathetic turnout for a lovely young lad who was murdered.

Eva/Toyah/baby is all going to end up in tears. Either Eva will keep the baby, or Aiden will find out and want custody, or Jackie will turn up again. It's just not going to work.

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Eileen and Phelan were Luke's landlords

Oh. Don't remember that. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Phelan at the crematorium thinking "Seems a bit, redundant, eh? I basically did most of the work here and they're the ones getting paid"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

zorro2566 wrote: »
    That actress who plays Steph is a stunning looking woman!
    Good lord no - could not disagree more.
    Other than Toyah, Eva, Carla, Rana the rest of them are pretty mundane. IMO.

As for product placement it shouldn’t be allowed I think I mean we’re paying to watching the soaps already etc
    Yeah it was a strange remark alrght, I remarked upon it watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

What did she say? I can't remember

• Advertisement

I think she said it with a tone of affection and actually would've said it in front of him and he'd laugh. He's not exactly hiding back there among the fur coats and mothballs!

Kauto0709 wrote: »

Something about Sean and Queen

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Ann22 wrote: »
    I think she said it with a tone of affection and actually would've said it in front of him and he'd laugh. He's not exactly hiding back there among the fur coats and mothballs!

She said Sean was the queen or something.
    I totally understand it was only a joke but some people would get offended by being called a queen and you know how people can twist things.

Livvie wrote: »
    Children here are 'protected' from anything to do with death

Is that a recent thing? As I said I went to funerals all over the UK in the 80s and 90s. Even one in Manchester.

Maybe it was my catholic family(the ones who kept dying).

I don't see the big deal about Toyahs comment. I thought it was a mainstream term for an effeminate man. I don't think you even have to be gay to be called a queen.

It definitely wasn't homophobic.

I was kind of joking about Toyah I just thinking of how a Twitterer might view it because in the last few weeks it came out that Friends(TV series) was really homophobic.

I was kind of joking about Toyah I just thinking of how a Twitterer might view it because in the last few weeks it came out that Friends(TV series) was really homophobic.

Apologies, didn't realise you were joking. As for what some idiot twitterer "feels" could be homophobic :rolleyes: Ive got more important things to be worrying about.

Apologies, didn't realise you were joking. As for what some idiot twitterer "feels" could be homophobic :rolleyes: Ive got more important things to be worrying about.

No worries!

Former Brookside actor Louis Emerick is joining the cast of Coronation Street.
    Best known for playing Mick Johnson in the classic Channel 4 soap, Emerick is heading to Weatherfield to play Mike – Steve McDonald's old school teacher who takes a liking to his mum Liz.
    Steve won't be best pleased to see Mike again, especially after he attempts to date Liz.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Former Brookside actor Louis Emerick is joining the cast of Coronation Street.
    Best known for playing Mick Johnson in the classic Channel 4 soap, Emerick is heading to Weatherfield to play Mike – Steve McDonald's old school teacher who takes a liking to his mum Liz.
    Steve won't be best pleased to see Mike again, especially after he attempts to date Liz.

Maybe
    He abused Steve as a teenager.
    it would sound like something Kate Oates would do.

• Advertisement

Maybe
    He abused Steve as a teenager.
    it would sound like something Kate Oates would do.
    Yes could see that happening, a repressed memory, his depression seems all cured too, I hate using spoiler tags for just speculation

Possibly big spoiler about pat!
    Eileen to push Pat of a cliff?

Link is also in spoiler because it basically says what happens.

Link is also in spoiler because it basically says what happens.
    If that is his exit missing out at sea that is lame

I doubt it to be honest. Well hopefully it isn't!

I doubt it to be honest. Well hopefully it isn't!

If Billy can bounce of a cliff ledge and survive, I'm sure
    Pat will be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

If Billy can bounce of a cliff ledge and survive, I'm sure
    Pat will be fine

hahahaha! Must have been all that blood he lost making him extra bouncy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭cathy427

Thanks for the careful use of spoiler tags and spoilers tags around discussion on spoilers.

Very much appreciated.

Good woman Carla. Needs a life saving transplant but shes well enough for Daniel to hop off her :rolleyes:

Must say though i think herself and Daniel work really well. Really good onscreen chemistry.

well that was a stupid first half - the flirting with carla and yer one, and this boxing match thing - what the feck is that kate oates producer doing with corrie ... is she deliberatly trying to sabotage it?

if/when phelan leaves is this all we have got to look forward too? - so weak !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Absolutely rubbish tonight you could not make this up

Maria will probably knock Shona out with a lucky punch

Who is Gemma fighting?

• Advertisement

Ah jeez, Amy copping off with lads now.. I feel so old :(

Steve will relate to the young fella trying to get off with Amy anyway. Sure he'd get up on a gust of wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Who is Gemma fighting?

Did the boxing take place off screen? I thought I heard the winner been announced in the pub. :confused:

Did the boxing take place off screen? I thought I heard the winner been announced in the pub. :confused:

I hope not, I thought we'd see it

Your man was saying the match up pairings

cathy427 wrote: »
    Thanks for the careful use of spoiler tags and spoilers tags around discussion on spoilers.

Very much appreciated.

it just makes me want to highlight the spoiler even more, when its wrapped in a spoiler like that LOL :D

all the better to bring him back dear...

...like it aint already happened just recently on Corrie with another character going off a cliff! - bloody hell!
    I read somewhere he is coming to an "explosive end" - straight from the horses .. sorry Oates mouth

heres hoping .. I dont like Shona's character now - much preferred her before when she first came into corrie

anyone else noticed Amy's train tracks have gone? ... shame she is still a terrible actor/actress ...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I never liked Shona I thought she would grow on me but no, it hasn't happened and i'm sure she is going to be in a lot of scenes soon with the story coming up about David

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement