Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,794 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Martin should just tell Ian Phil Jay Lola and Callum on Ben, what can Phil do to Stacey as I assume the police have dropped the investigation on his attack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

oh no, i am predicting Martin really will sleep with son' now ....

Is Stacey going to return on a rampage on Sonia (Ben's life saver) or just tell Kat and Jean about cheating Martin

Lisa seems to be a tad jealous and fed up of Mel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

What kind of a muppet is Martin. Stacey doesnt even have to leave her hotel room to know hes lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

How much profit can you make from one basket of sandwiches ? Hardly a fortune !

What exactly does Ben have on Martin that is worth loosing a family for ? Surely Ben would land himself right in it if he went to the police .Martin could rally the whole Square against Ben if he tried hard enough , Jean , Kat , Kush , Steward, and plenty of other market stall holders .
    Stacey and Martin have zero chemistry , Sonia has more with Martin and knows him far better .

Bex's story has now been brushed under the carpet , it was only shoved in to get Martin back and its a real shame they did not explore this and the pressure on some young people .

Mel is playing a blinder and such and evil biatch that I laugh now when I see her sneer !

• Advertisement

I like this Martin with Stacey but having her go off with Max again ruined them, he is not good imo with Sonia

Ben has the wrench Stacey used to hit Phil and also Martin filmed stealing a car, Martin should call Ben's bluff but tell Lola, Callum and also returning Pam what their golden boy Ben is really like

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I agree that the whole Ben/Martin doesn't add up. At this point it's like Ben just has to say lick my shoes or I'll kill your entire family and friends and Martin will do it straightaway - and for what, because of Stacey who was clearly defending Martin.

I hope one of these new brothers is gay or bi and gets with Callum

So one of them knows Chantelle, the chubby short Ali G one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Baybay

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

So one of them knows Chantelle, the chubby short Ali G one

Do we know how Gray & Chantelle met? Maybe they were all in school together & this guy’s presence is what brings the abuse to light?

Baybay wrote: »
    Do we know how Gray & Chantelle met? Maybe they were all in school together & this guy’s presence is what brings the abuse to light?

He said he was in her class in school and had a crush on Chantelle . Oh I hope the brothers suss Gray and sort him out

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    He said he was in her class in school and had a crush on Chantelle . Oh I hope the brothers suss Gray and sort him out

Gray and Chantelle but looked like they knew him

The whole Martin/Sonia thing makes no sense. As if Jean wouldn't be straight over to tell Sonia exactly what she thinks of her. As if Kat wouldn't be dragging her around the square by the hair or throwing a pint on her in the vic while Big Mo takes bets on who'll win the fight.
    There's no way Stacey wouldn't find out in a day that Martin is lying.

The whole Martin/Sonia thing makes no sense. As if Jean wouldn't be straight over to tell Sonia exactly what she thinks of her. As if Kat wouldn't be dragging her around the square by the hair or throwing a pint on her in the vic while Big Mo takes bets on who'll win the fight.
    There's no way Stacey wouldn't find out in a day that Martin is lying.

Stacey should return even just for one episode to confront Ben and Sonia

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Stacey should return even just for one episode to confront Ben and Sonia

Especially when she knows Sonia so well. Its not like they are strangers. The situation with Ben is a joke anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Especially when she knows Sonia so well. Its not like they are strangers. The situation with Ben is a joke anyway.

Ben is one of the worst "Bad Guys" on screen. There's no sense of menace from him, it feels more like he'd whinge you to death.

He threatened Martin's family but needed to be surrounded by bruisers to do so. He just comes across as a school bully wannabe. The writers really ruined this character.

Martin's arc isn't much better. He knee-jerks into a break-up with Stacey to "protect" her. We've seen this trope a hundred times before. It would have been better for him to tell Stacey that Ben will release the wrench if she comes back. We know it's gone, but Stacey doesn't.

Then we could have a nice little "payback" arc where Martin has to take on Ben and his heavies to get his family back. There would be much back-and-forth with Martin having to become more brutal each time just to survive against them. He eventually puts Ben in a coma with head trauma. (Yes, I know that's also a tired trope, but when he wakes up and they unwrap his head bandages, he'll be Harry Reid again)

Finally you can have a fallout arc where Stacey and co. wondering why Martin is so withdrawn and if he's having an affair. He eventually has a breakdown from what he had to do to Ben and his goons. He recover with lots of empathy from Stacey "MeMeMe" Slater :rolleyes: and they play happy families for another few weeks until the next crappy crisis.

I keep thinking Ben wants to jump on Martin and Keanu, he eyes them as sexual prey, sleazy

Callum can do better

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Isn is so pathetic, trying to sabotage the business of a 17 year old. It would more than likely fail all by itself but very pathetic to do that to a young person who’s just starting out and trying to make a life/future for himself.

fin12 wrote: »
    Isn is so pathetic, trying to sabotage the business of a 17 year old. It would more than likely fail all by itself but very pathetic to do that to a young person who’s just starting out and trying to make a life/future for himself.

Ian is a pathetic weasel

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Ian is a pathetic weasel

Ian always has been and he is Tiffany's grand uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Ian writing about how he is a pillar of the community and all his great business and family successes no doubt. Very popular in his locality, always with a positive attitude and never a bad word to say about anyone. :pac:

• Advertisement

Ian writing about how he is a pillar of the community and all his great business and family successes no doubt. Very popular in his locality, always with a positive attitude and never a bad word to say about anyone. :pac:

How on earth does Katy not slap Ian . I itch to

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Danny Walters has quit as Keanu.

Various.

Various.

Killed by Phil or Lisa, I'm guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I have a vague memory of Ian wining and dining the big wigs of the Chamber of Commerce of something similiar to get his foot around the table a few years ago.

Does anybody remember ?

well, imagine that . The wife beating husband of Chantelle having a conscience like that and not liking what his co-worker done to Whitney showing her the video of halfpint

Various.

good - didnt like the way he went from cockney to pure thespian actor mode when he was talking

Is Mel leaving before Christmas surely she’s around for the reveal no?

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Mel leaving before Christmas surely she’s around for the reveal no?

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/eastenders/a29682198/eastenders-spoilers-mel-owen-car-crash-full-details/

I'm kinda expecting Mel to take Louise's baby and name it Hunter :P but it looks like she
    might die in a crash racing to tell Phil about Sharon's affair and the baby

Advertisement