Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

It's all gotten very tedious. Whitney is a bad joke at this point, splits up with Lee gets engaged to his best friend. Splits up with him and hops straight into a relationship with the son of the pedophile who abused her. Lee is coming back so she'll probably be back in bed with him at some point, unless she hops into the sack with Mick to console him about Linda's drinking. We get it, she has appalling taste in men. Bex is a pain in the backside, a very one dimensional character with no real story line. It's time Bex headed off to Bali or somewhere to 'find herself'. As for Dottie, we don't need a Nasty Nick spinoff.

The Karen and Billy coupling is silly and implausible. I've got zero interest in the 3 pantomime villain brothers who've arrived and it's just rehashing story lines now. We've had Jean and her ''dead'' boyfriend and we don't need to go there again so we can string out his terminal illness. We've seen Kush with an Denise and now with Kat, lets be honest, an attractive young guy like that isn't going to be dating women the same age as his mother and Kat is dog rough. I'm delighted to see the back of Stacey, long may that last. I'd like to see Whitney and the Carters leave, they bring nothing to the show, someone needs to update Linda's wardrobe, she looks like she raided the wardrobe on Legally Blond.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

It's all gotten very tedious. Whitney is a bad joke at this point, splits up with Lee gets engaged to his best friend. Splits up with him and hops straight into a relationship with the son of the pedophile who abused her. Lee is coming back so she'll probably be back in bed with him at some point, unless she hops into the sack with Mick to console him about Linda's drinking. We get it, she has appalling taste in men. Bex is a pain in the backside, a very one dimensional character with no real story line. It's time Bex headed off to Bali or somewhere to 'find herself'. As for Dottie, we don't need a Nasty Nick spinoff.

The Karen and Billy coupling is silly and implausible. I've got zero interest in the 3 pantomime villain brothers who've arrived and it's just rehashing story lines now. We've had Jean and her ''dead'' boyfriend and we don't need to go there again so we can string out his terminal illness. We've seen Kush with an Denise and now with Kat, lets be honest, an attractive young guy like that isn't going to be dating women the same age as his mother and Kat is dog rough. I'm delighted to see the back of Stacey, long may that last. I'd like to see Whitney and the Carters leave, they bring nothing to the show, someone needs to update Linda's wardrobe, she looks like she raided the wardrobe on Legally Blond.

Ohhh, somebody had a bad day!

Ohhh, somebody had a bad day!

Not at all, I'm just tired of the same old tired story lines over and over again. Whenever they start bringing back old characters it's a dead give away that viewer figures are dropping and I don't blame people for tuning out. So far we've had mad Lisa and her mental illness, again. Phil is turning to the bottle, again. Lee is coming back, again. A new Peter Beale, again. They couldn't bring back Nick Cotton so they brought back his daughter. The pantomime brothers moving into the square to pester their lesbian sister to go home is just silly, don't even get me started on their wannabe gangster nonsense.

There was an opportunity to deal with Bobby's mental illness but they glossed over that with him finding Allah with a former prison inmate. There's a massive problem in British prisons with radicalisation and again that could have been an interesting story line to follow and an opportunity to raise awareness, but no, we just had the usual claptrap. The Mel losing her s hit with the Mitchell's for not wanting to pay for Hunters funeral made no sense at all. He held their heavily pregnant daughter hostage with a gun to her head and shot their son, why would they consider paying for his funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I think it's ok. Admittedly I quit it for a long time before starting watching it again earlier this year so I mightn't be realizing how repetitive it is.

I agree that Mel was a car crash towards the end (in more ways than one) and Whitney/Bex/Stacey are useless characters. Not sure why Billy/Karen is so silly and implausible though. I also don't know what you have against Dottie - soap opera characters are nearly always related and she might be a decent character stirring trouble. I think Linda's wardrobe is meant to reflect her character and they exaggerate a bit to make sure people notice, but I agree that the Carters are rubbish.

I think "dog rough" is a bit harsh, Kat is sexy and has a strong personality. Kush has an incredible body but is also an ethnic group with an odd enough face and massive nose and poor job, so is unlikely to have his pick of choice. Kat's actress is only almost 11 years older than Kush's actor, so not old enough to be his mother at all, though Kush looks like he could be a lot younger.

Bobby's visions of Lucy and sudden homicidal actions were beyond garbage but I don't like Bobby as a character or his actor anyway so I wouldn't really be for a radicalization story either, I'd rather he just be done away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I think it’s funny how jean was saying about how they (slaters) never win anything how they are always so hard done by... ah hello Kat and Alfie won the lotto.

Those Slater’s are vile, i never see them helping anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Read an article earlier where the EE writers said the Carters will play a big part in the storylines throughout 2020.

Thats something to really look forward to, Mick giving his creepy side eye and "L" knocking back the vodkas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Any idea who was knocked down at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was thinking Leo then Keanu then Bex then Kush, actually not sure now :o

Could Whitney at least get a restraining order to keep Tony's son Leo away from her work place and where she lives etc.,

Callum the hard man upset over Ben :rolleyes: I cannot get them as a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My money's on Peter Beale (think that's his name - the fella that knocked up Lauren Branning) as he's supposed to be returning.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Could Whitney at least get a restraining order to keep Tony's son Leo away from her work place and where she lives etc.,

Callum the hard man upset over Ben :rolleyes: I cannot but them as a couple

I think it was just a random stranger. It looked like it happened in a housing estate. Too much to hope that it's tedious Leo. On the plus side, Leo has no idea what a psycho he's taken on in Gray. Gray hasn't been able to beat Chantel for ages and he's just itching to hurt someone so Leo is as good a candidate as anyone. He had a look of 'challenge accepted' when Leo warned him off. Is it just me or is someone in Eastenders hit by a car every Christmas?

• Advertisement

Callum the hard man upset over Ben :rolleyes: I cannot but them as a couple

I wonder if the Callum/Leo story line is to keep Ben and Callum together? Assuming that a conviction for ABH will prevent Callum from joining the Police it means that he and Ben can stay together. I think they do work well as a couple. At the moment there's too much of a Paul Coker feel about it. Pretty sure they had a similar breakup at one point.

Is lee back for good?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Not at all, I'm just tired of the same old tired story lines over and over again. Whenever they start bringing back old characters it's a dead give away that viewer figures are dropping and I don't blame people for tuning out. So far we've had mad Lisa and her mental illness, again. Phil is turning to the bottle, again. Lee is coming back, again. A new Peter Beale, again. They couldn't bring back Nick Cotton so they brought back his daughter. The pantomime brothers moving into the square to pester their lesbian sister to go home is just silly, don't even get me started on their wannabe gangster nonsense.

There was an opportunity to deal with Bobby's mental illness but they glossed over that with him finding Allah with a former prison inmate. There's a massive problem in British prisons with radicalisation and again that could have been an interesting story line to follow and an opportunity to raise awareness, but no, we just had the usual claptrap. The Mel losing her s hit with the Mitchell's for not wanting to pay for Hunters funeral made no sense at all. He held their heavily pregnant daughter hostage with a gun to her head and shot their son, why would they consider paying for his funeral?

Phil is an alcoholic so him falling off the wagon is plausible especially when he’s just discovered his wife is carrying another mans child.

I wonder if the Callum/Leo story line is to keep Ben and Callum together? Assuming that a conviction for ABH will prevent Callum from joining the Police it means that he and Ben can stay together. I think they do work well as a couple. At the moment there's too much of a Paul Coker feel about it. Pretty sure they had a similar breakup at one point.

Where is Callum gone, so no scenes of him and "good mate" Lee Carter

Does anyone care about Linda anymore :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

To hell with all of that, I'm more absorbed in the January 1992 episodes on Drama, the year of my birth. Realistic characters and arguably better acting, Sharon has just married Grant and Phil said to her "Grant's found a peach of a wife".

Is lee back for good?

He looks a bit different.

EastEnders is set to air a spectacular flashback episode which will rewind back to the events of Christmas Day and answer some serious questions about what really happened – is Keanu Taylor dead or alive? How did Linda Carter spend Christmas Day? And who helped the Slaters out in their hour of need? The episode will air on New Year’s Day, and will take viewers back in time to the events of Christmas Day, as we discover exactly how the Mitchell clan got their revenge — which could suggest that we could well see Martin Fowler’s final showdown with Keanu. Additionally, we’ll also discover Linda’s whereabouts on the day in question, as her excessive drinking led her into an extremely dangerous situation. We will also see other things play out that we didn’t see that will lead to some unexpected twists and change the course of the story entirely.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/25/easte...-dead-11941439

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I find it hard to believe Martin could have it in him to pull that trigger. Find it hard to believe Ben would trust him to do it too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't know what other people are watching but in the episode I watched today Martin Fowler was on a fishing trip with his father Arthur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I find it hard to believe Martin could have it in him to pull that trigger. Find it hard to believe Ben would trust him to do it too.

Also that Louise would set up the father of her child who she was in love with to be killed.

• Advertisement

People are saying Martin made a drunk Linda kill Keanu and I wonder what What the older brother of the family wanted with Jean?

I guess we’ll find out New Year’s Day.

What a twist with Louise tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Also that Louise would set up the father of her child who she was in love with to be killed.

Yeah the Louise part was fairly chilling alright. Seems as if they are going with the hell hath no fury line or maybe there's more to it. Rest of the week should be good.

Good episode, wasn't expecting that from Louise at all.

The actress who plays her was very realistic portraying someone who wanted revenge on Keanu for his betrayal.

Contrast that with Linda swigging out of a bottle in a Santa suit and Mick on the ground with a face on him like someone who badly needed to take a dump, playing Ali G's missus and a hooligan in The Football Factory is the limit of their acting ability.

People are saying Martin made a drunk Linda kill Keanu and I wonder what What the older brother of the family wanted with Jean?

I guess we’ll find out New Year’s Day.

What a twist with Louise tonight

Their mother has cancer too, did they tell the sister she was dying, she is coming into the show

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Did Keanu honestly seriously want to drive his new born baby on the front seat in a sling ? No car seat , nothing organised , no passport , no medical attention ?

Their mother has cancer too, did they tell the sister she was dying, she is coming into the show
    I think part of it is genuine sympathy for Jean because she's probably the same age as his mother and he knows what she's going through, but mostly because he hopes it'll go down well with his sister and he's hoping Jean will put a good word in with her for him and persuade her to go home. There's got to be more than the sick mother wanting to see her going on though. I've got a feeling that she may have run away from an attempted forced marriage and that the brothers are trying to lure her back.

EastEnders is set to air a spectacular flashback episode which will rewind back to the events of Christmas Day and answer some serious questions about what really happened – is Keanu Taylor dead or alive? How did Linda Carter spend Christmas Day? And who helped the Slaters out in their hour of need? The episode will air on New Year’s Day, and will take viewers back in time to the events of Christmas Day, as we discover exactly how the Mitchell clan got their revenge — which could suggest that we could well see Martin Fowler’s final showdown with Keanu. Additionally, we’ll also discover Linda’s whereabouts on the day in question, as her excessive drinking led her into an extremely dangerous situation. We will also see other things play out that we didn’t see that will lead to some unexpected twists and change the course of the story entirely.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/25/easte...-dead-11941439

Hopefully it will also tell us who left the bottle of booze on the table for Linda at the hospital.

Hopefully it will also tell us who left the bottle of booze on the table for Linda at the hospital.
    I think she stole it from the woman in the bed next to her, they brought in a bottle and left it on the table so she probably took it and ran off. She seems to have become an alcoholic very fast though.

Yeah the Louise part was fairly chilling alright. Seems as if they are going with the hell hath no fury line or maybe there's more to it. Rest of the week should be good.
    I think that's just injured pride. It's bound to sting that her fiancee cheated on her with an overweight 50 year old woman. She doesn't normally drink and is breastfeeding but looked like she was knocking back the vodka last night. She's the weakest link I think and will probably be the first to crack when reality sets in.

• Advertisement

I think she stole it from the woman in the bed next to her, they brought in a bottle and left it on the table so she probably took it and ran off. She seems to have become an alcoholic very fast though.

Ah right didn't notice that, kind of begs the question as to why someone would bring a bottle of gin to a sick person in hospital!

Advertisement