Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Jean is just as scummy as the rest of the Slater’s.

Anyone know where Louise’s top is from?

Brilliant episode, loved the ending with stay another day playing in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Ah right didn't notice that, kind of begs the question as to why someone would bring a bottle of gin to a sick person in hospital!
    I know, but people do I suppose if she'd be in hospital for Christmas and it was the only time they'd see her they'd probably leave it with her.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did Keanu honestly seriously want to drive his new born baby on the front seat in a sling ? No car seat , nothing organised , no passport , no medical attention ?
    He had no choice. It was a spur of the moment decision with Phil on the war path and Louise demanding to leave straight away. It was Christmas day and there was nowhere to get anything but you'd have thought they'd have had a car seat when they brought her home from the hospital. Karen's ex noticed the bag and knew they were doing a runner but said nothing so he'll know Louise was involved when he saw them together only minutes before.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,781 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I reckon Keanu is alive and Martin with Louise are double crossing Ben and Phil to protect him, death faked

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I reckon Keanu is alive and Martin with Louise are double crossing Ben and Phil to protect him, death faked
    It could go either way really. He seems to be going down the mental breakdown way that his father did. I think he probably did it, I mean there's no way that Keanu would abandon his child so no matter what he said Martin would know that he was going to go back at some point so he'd get found out. Then again Martin isn't the sharpest tool in the box so he could have let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

But why would Louise have been so cold to Keanu in the car then - saying that he was right, her father would kill him? Surely she would say something more like something is about to happen and to hold on, that it will be alright.

If Martin didn't kill anyone then why do we get a close-up of him losing it at the end with the clear implication he killed Keanu? It's not like the viewer is assuming things, they've clearly gone out of their way to make it seem like Keanu is dead and especially that Louise betrayed him. How would Martin have raised the subject with Louise, and why wouldn't Keanu be in on his own faked death from the start.

I don't like what happened but I think it would be even worse to roll it all back now.

But why would Louise have been so cold to Keanu in the car then - saying that he was right, her father would kill him? Surely she would say something more like something is about to happen and to hold on, that it will be alright.

If Martin didn't kill anyone then why do we get a close-up of him losing it at the end with the clear implication he killed Keanu? It's not like the viewer is assuming things, they've clearly gone out of their way to make it seem like Keanu is dead and especially that Louise betrayed him. How would Martin have raised the subject with Louise, and why wouldn't Keanu be in on his own faked death from the start.

I don't like what happened but I think it would be even worse to roll it all back now.

There’s going to be a flash back episode aired soon where all answers will be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Was that blood on Linda's shoes in tonights episode. Don't know what to make of that.

• Advertisement

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Was that blood on Linda's shoes in tonights episode. Don't know what to make of that.

My suspicion is that it had something to do with Keanu but she doesn't remember any of it yet.

Is Chantelle really only supposed to be 25? Looks a lot older than that, not very believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

My suspicion is that it had something to do with Keanu but she doesn't remember any of it yet.

I'm not surprised she doesn't remember if she drank that bottle of gin to herself

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

fin12 wrote: »
    Is Chantelle really only supposed to be 25? Looks a lot older than that, not very believable.

Her eldest child looks about 8 or 9 ? Gray has to be much older too ?

Also this puzzles me , Chantelle and Keegan are brother and sister yet Keanu is between them in age ? Did Mitch come and go ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Her eldest child looks about 8 or 9 ? Gray has to be much older too ?

Also this puzzles me , Chantelle and Keegan are brother and sister yet Keanu is between them in age ? Did Mitch come and go ?
    Chantelle got pregnant when she was about 16 I think and Mitch had gone awol for years. Keanu's Dad was in prison for murder I think. The 3 Sikh guys know Chantelle and Gray from the old days and the fat lad still has a crush on her but she and Gray seem to want to forget about the old days so there's probably and interesting story to come from all that. It did seem for a moment after the row with Gray when she was on the phone about a venue that she realised she was making a mistake with the vow renewal.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

You would need a gallon of petrol to find a spark between Denise and Jack.They are not compatible at all.
    The character of Patrick should have been written out years ago.
    Is it wise to give Sharon a bed at the Queen Vic when there's a sizeable chance Shirley will kill her in her sleep?
    If you were going to steal a bottle of gin and discharge yourself from hospital to drink yourself stupid you would go further than the front steps of the Argee Bhagee.(Although I know there's more to come with that on the NY episode).
    I actually really like the storyline with Martin,you can see how this stuff develops in real life..people go down the route of debt collection/drug dealing for easy money and end up shells of men.Its giving the actor who plays him a chance to shine through anyway..he wasn't going to cut his acting teeth selling fruit and veg.
    Oh and one more thing...If Sharon was married to Grant and had an affair with Phil..how was he ever to trust her in the first place?

KM792 wrote: »
    You would need a gallon of petrol to find a spark between Denise and Jack.They are not compatible at all.
    The character of Patrick should have been written out years ago.
    Is it wise to give Sharon a bed at the Queen Vic when there's a sizeable chance Shirley will kill her in her sleep?
    If you were going to steal a bottle of gin and discharge yourself from hospital to drink yourself stupid you would go further than the front steps of the Argee Bhagee.(Although I know there's more to come with that on the NY episode).
    I actually really like the storyline with Martin,you can see how this stuff develops in real life..people go down the route of debt collection/drug dealing for easy money and end up shells of men.Its giving the actor who plays him a chance to shine through anyway..he wasn't going to cut his acting teeth selling fruit and veg.
    Oh and one more thing...If Sharon was married to Grant and had an affair with Phil..how was he ever to trust her in the first place?
    I'd be happy to see the back of Patrick at this stage, every time he goes back to Jamaica he returns married to someone he's known for about 5 minutes. Denise tells him the latest tart has been cheating on him and he kicks her out demanding the house keys back. He seems to have forgotten that she nursed him through a serious stroke. All he does is get drunk on rum and go between the bookies and the Vic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The actress who plays her is 27 so not too far off tbh.

Jean is just as scummy as the rest of the Slater’s.

Why does Jean not go live with Stacey and her new minted fella, she keeps saying she misses Stacey and the kids

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The actress who plays her is 27 so not too far off tbh.
    I think she looks great whatever her age is. I do hope that the writers split her and Gray up soon though. The domestic violence angle has been covered so many times on EE now that it's just become a cliche. At this point there can't be many women in Albert Square who haven't been raped or beaten. They need to get rid of Whitney or give her story lines that don't revolve around her and some guy. She's just a pathetic character who instead of becoming a strong woman, as many women who were victims of abuse have. All she does is date terrible men who treat her like dirt or turn out to be gay.

• Advertisement

Chantelle got pregnant when she was about 16 I think and Mitch had gone awol for years. Keanu's Dad was in prison for murder I think. The 3 Sikh guys know Chantelle and Gray from the old days and the fat lad still has a crush on her but she and Gray seem to want to forget about the old days so there's probably and interesting story to come from all that. It did seem for a moment after the row with Gray when she was on the phone about a venue that she realised she was making a mistake with the vow renewal.

I thought only the chubby Ali G brother knew Chantelle from school, how come none of Ash or the other brothers don't know any of the Taylor clan, did Chantelle grow up somewhere else?

Has Bex visited Louise and baby Peggy yet?

I thought only the chubby Ali G brother knew Chantelle from school, how come none of Ash or the other brothers don't know any of the Taylor clan, did Chantelle grow up somewhere else?

Has Bex visited Louise and baby Peggy yet?
    I think the chubby brother is the youngest and was probably at school with her they all seem to think badly of Gray though. Chantelle was living somewhere else before they moved to the square and it seems like the move to the square to be near her family was a move by Gray to stop her leaving him because he beat her up there. He is one of the nastiest kind who are clever enough to hit where the bruises can't be seen. I've known a few women over the years who were with guys like that and it's so frustrating that they can't or won't leave them. Chantelle and Gray seem to have this luxury lifestyle but it seems to be built on credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Is Linda standing at the van Keanu was in when Martin knocked him out at about 6/7 seconds into the trailer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Lackey wrote: »
    Is Linda standing at the van Keanu was in when Martin knocked him out at about 6/7 seconds into the trailer ?

just watched the trailer again and yes it looks like that's the van, it's easy to remember because it took Keanu so long to break into one of them in his rush to get away

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

EE on RTE1 at 19.55 tonight in case anyone bovvered

Does Sharon have the money from the club sale to Ruby and who got the villa as Mel is dead?

casio4 wrote: »
    just watched the trailer again and yes it looks like that's the van, it's easy to remember because it took Keanu so long to break into one of them in his rush to get away
    So she might have passed out in the back of the van earlier that day. Tonight's episode was difficult to watch at the end, hopefully Chantelle will leave him now before he sinks even lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mitch is beginning to suss Gray so I hope Chantelle can confide in him . Gray is going to rape her and hopefully EE will deal with rape within marriage

We need Little Mo with her iron to arrive

I wanted to see and hear Shirley and Sharon trade insults

• Advertisement

Sharon heavily pregnant sleeping on the couch must be pretty uncomfortable.

Advertisement