Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Why doesn't Ben hit up his old mate Tubbs for the money? Surely as Ben was his old boss, Tubbs would give him mates rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Hatshepsut

Why doesn't Ben hit up his old mate Tubbs for the money? Surely as Ben was his old boss, Tubbs would give him mates rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why does Ben not take one of the Taylors hostage, trade them back for Callum :p

Is Linda ever sober now, some annoying wagon

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

So bored of drunk Linda now .

maurv2 wrote: »
    I don't know if it's only me, but I can never decide whether Bobby is a childish man or a manly child. Just something about him.

What age is he supposed to be ? I can’t figure him out either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Bobby is 16,.. 17 in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why does Ben not take one of the Taylors hostage, trade them back for Callum :p

Is Linda ever sober now, some annoying wagon

Exactly, or just threaten to have his goons kill him and his whole family like he did with Martin. He won't have much business around Albert Square if they're all dead now will he? All this just because he misses home. He's acting like he was in solitary confinement for a few months. It's so out of character, and from Ben to a slightly lesser extent, it's a farce.

They should have had a twist that Louise really loves Keanu this whole time and the reason she was cold to him before giving him up to Martin is she wanted to make Keanu think that she had left him for dead as it would be easier for him to leave permanently then. She thought she could handle it but with motherhood and everything realizes that she's not strong enough. She breaks down and says she has to arrange to meet Keanu one last time to see him and let him know the truth, that's a lot more believable of why he's anywhere near there or the Mitchells rather than he misses his mom. Ben and Callum come across them. In a panic Keanu gets out the gun he has on him for protection and grabs Callum and says he also needs money now. Ben talks about killing his whole family but Louise begs him not to and Callum also says to leave them out of it. Ben gives out his shriek.

I'd say Denny is posting the stuff about Bobby

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'd say Denny is posting the stuff about Bobby

I don't think there's even a doubt. That look Denny gave Bobby when he was chatting with Dotty Cotton said it all.

I'd say Denny is probably going to grow up to be the new Nick Cotton or something. He's definitely got that malicious side to him that he probably will turn out to be a lowlife in the future, and Sharon playing the role of Dot Cotton who can't seem to see past him being her little boy and trying to make excuses for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Really bored with Dotty Cotton now. She's a tedious character and now with the drugs, please, we've been here already with her father. What is it with Eastenders and pantomime villains? They aren't even trying with Denny's stories, he honestly believed his mother was having an affair with Bobby and he seriously believes that Dotty Cotton would be interested in him. He should have been written out years ago, he's a one dimensional character, a permanent mummy's boy with more or less the same nasty little coward character over and over again. Maybe when Sharon gives birth and the nurses are cutting the umbilical cord they could sever Denny's one too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I don't see the problem with being a mummys boy, probably another example of double standards in this world, women are never ridiculed for being a daddys girl but a male is considered pathetic for being close with mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

A familiar face in the 1992 episodes

I don't see the problem with being a mummys boy, probably another example of double standards in this world, women are never ridiculed for being a daddys girl but a male is considered pathetic for being close with mother.
    In his case he's a wannabe hard man who hides behind his mother's skirts when he bites off more than he can chew but treats her like dirt the rest of the time. No grown woman likes a mummy's boy, no grown man likes a daddy's girl.

A familiar face in the 1992 episodes

That’s Ruth from this morning lol

Also Eastenders played the same song in dots house and then a few minutes later in the cafe also was thay a mistake

Has Phil even made any contact with Denny since he left?

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

With Mick and Linda's row going on, Foreigners "I want to know what love Is" playing in the background. LOL

Opens with "Oh the divorces," by Tracey Thorn. (This is turning into songwatch. ☺)

In true EE style will they bury Leo under the floorboards and pretend it never happened ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

when eastenders do good episodes they are good episodes - you got to admit it ...

when eastenders do good episodes they are good episodes - you got to admit it ...

Yup it’s been brilliant the past few weeks and next week is even better.

I prefer Kat when she like an mother figure instead of being all loud

Whitney asks Mick for help
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In true EE style will they bury Leo under the floorboards and pretend it never happened ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I liked the bit where mick signed the divorce papers and said to L "i hope you and your new lover have a happy life!" (pointing to her glass) LOL

meanwhile I doubt if he will be single for long , whit fancied the arse off him didnt she not so long ago? - she will be in there like a shot

I liked the bit where mick signed the divorce papers and said to L "i hope you and your new lover have a happy life!" (pointing to her glass) LOL

meanwhile I doubt if he will be single for long , whit fancied the arse off him didnt she not so long ago? - she will be in there like a shot
    When he went around to see how Whitney was I thought there was a definite vibe of him sniffing around. It will just be silly if they drag out the Leo story line, he broke in, she defended herself, there's a history of him stalking her so there's no need to pretend it's anything other than self defence and anyway, there was barely any blood on the knife and scarcely a drop on his top. Why do they never go out a window?? Of course the doors are going to be locked and why oh why turn your back on the guy who tried to stab you, do they not watch horror movies? :D

We already had Max and Stacey, father in law and daughter in law, no more please

Whitney is so messed up, she does not know real love, falls too quick for guys, she needs friends and family, Mick is like a father to her but I thought she had a spark more with Kush or Martin

We already had Max and Stacey, father in law and daughter in law, no more please

Whitney is so messed up, she does not know real love, falls too quick for guys, she needs friends and family, Mick is like a father to her but I thought she had a spark more with Kush or Martin
    Whitney is a piece of work though, after Linda took her into their home and treated her like a daughter she was only too happy to drop her knickers for Mick and she'd not have given a second thought to moving in and taking Linda's place. She can be quite calculating and manipulative but I think it's time her character was axed because this constant round and round of Whitney telling each and every guy she goes out with about how she was abused is just tedious now. We've had the Mick/Whitney affair already and don't need a repeat.

Likewise with the drugs, we already had a really tedious year of drug story lines with Keegan and Denny and the gangs. We've already had the ever miserable Becks struggle with alcohol and overdose on pills. Enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

When he went around to see how Whitney was I thought there was a definite vibe of him sniffing around. It will just be silly if they drag out the Leo story line, he broke in, she defended herself, there's a history of him stalking her so there's no need to pretend it's anything other than self defence and anyway, there was barely any blood on the knife and scarcely a drop on his top. Why do they never go out a window?? Of course the doors are going to be locked and why oh why turn your back on the guy who tried to stab you, do they not watch horror movies? :D

Whitney's been there, done that with windows, when she went out a window to escape Rob years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Near, far, wherever you are
    I believe that the heart does go on
    Once more you open the door
    And you're here in my heart
    And my heart will go on and on

You're here, there's nothing I fear
    And I know that my heart will go on
    We'll stay forever this way
    You are safe in my heart and
    My heart will go on and on

Enjoyable episode for a change. I've got to say though that boat is a bit like the Tardis, so many people vanishing, so many people sneaking around.

Why didn’t Mick get something to wrench the shelving apart . ?
    And as per form no one is EE ever call the police when someone is dead on the floor !!

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Why didn’t Mick get something to wrench the shelving apart . ?
    And as per form no one is EE ever call the police when someone is dead on the floor !!
    I don't think Sonia was expecting the cops so they must have been there for Martin?

• Advertisement

I don't think Sonia was expecting the cops so they must have been there for Martin?

I thought so too . They have a habit of hiding dead bodies !

Advertisement