Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Jaysus there were loads of ways for her to get her foot out!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I've no problem with Mick or Linda or both dying

I cheered when Shirley punched Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I've no problem with Mick or Linda or both dying

I cheered when Shirley punched Linda

The very last person in all of soap land that can criticize anyone over drink or family related issues.

Shirley is a candidate for worst mother in all of soap land.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Seems like tonight's episode should have been a hour long. Disasters should be hour long episodes.

Also pretty funny how Whitney and Mick just left Leo lying dead on the floor. I'm guessing they did it to keep up appearances so they have an alibi or something, but the whole thing seemed off to me.

Patrick to die with Issac, Denise and his doctor son fighting over his estate, money, wealth? Maybe Sheree or Issac kill or let him die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Seems like tonight's episode should have been a hour long. Disasters should be hour long episodes.

Also pretty funny how Whitney and Mick just left Leo lying dead on the floor. I'm guessing they did it to keep up appearances so they have an alibi or something, but the whole thing seemed off to me.

I think Mick and Whitney took Leo's body with them to the boat. Remember;

Linda got the bus driver to drive off without Mick & Whitney so they had change their plans and make their own way to the boat. We didn't see how Mick & Whitney got to the boat.

We never saw Leo's body after Whitney left the house, Sonia just walked into the Kitchen but we didn't see what see saw. She could have just saw the mess left from Leo and Whitney's fight and thought it was another burglary and called the police. We didn't hear what the policeman said to her either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Mick and Whitney's plan to dump Leo's body fell apart fairly quickly. I'm still not getting why they didn't just call the Police.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Mick and Whitney's plan to dump Leo's body fell apart fairly quickly. I'm still not getting why they didn't just call the Police.

She couldn't even throw a knife overboard!
    I think Leo's not dead. He's on the boat in another cabin. Sonia thought it was a burglary and called the cops. They will search the attic (for some reason) and find his nest. Then when he is finally drowned on the boat, they can go "oh yeah, he really was a stalker, so it's ok!"

Have to say I was disappointed there was only one body bag shown. Was hoping for a good clear out of useless characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Baybay

LordBasil wrote: »
    I think Mick and Whitney took Leo's body with them to the boat. Remember;

Linda got the bus driver to drive off without Mick & Whitney so they had change their plans and make their own way to the boat. We didn't see how Mick & Whitney got to the boat.

We never saw Leo's body after Whitney left the house, Sonia just walked into the Kitchen but we didn't see what see saw. She could have just saw the mess left from Leo and Whitney's fight and thought it was another burglary and called the police. We didn't hear what the policeman said to her either.

Mick said, to Tina I think that he & Whitney had to get a sherbet. This is, afaik a cab. Sherbet dab.

There was a lot of detail during Sonia’s entrance to the house. Red herrings?
    The keys being shown being put on the table. Do I remember seeing another character slipping a red key ring into their handbag as I think I do but not who!
    Close up of the boots being taken off. I noticed as I thought when Sonia looked down she might be in her stockinged feet in a spreading pool of Leo’s blood.
    Close up of the hook as she hung her jacket. Was one missing that Leo might have taken?
    And whatever she picked up from the floor. A petal? One of Whitney’s earrings? Meant to pay attention to see if she was wearing two on the boat later but I forgot.
    And Sonia hadn’t time to ring the police I think as the doorbell rang as she went into the kitchen & it must have been them, someone having already called them. But no, we don’t know what she saw other than presumably, at the very least, the mess.

But Mick & Whitney bringing Leo with them, I don’t think so. She might be able to do things like that but Mick is not made of stern enough stuff, I think. For Linda maybe.

LordBasil wrote: »
    We didn't see how Mick & Whitney got to the boat.

Nor Kush & Kat, who also have a vested interest in Leo

• Advertisement

Patrick to die with Issac, Denise and his doctor son fighting over his estate, money, wealth? Maybe Sheree or Issac kill or let him die?
    I can't stand Isaac or Sheree, if they died tonight nobody would remember them next week. I think it might be time for Patrick to go to the great Rum Swigging Island in the Sky though, his character is as one dimensional as Whitney's, just drinking too much and dating incompatible women. It's tedious now. As for Isaac, at his age being a 30 something year old mummy's boy who acts like a 10 year old trying to get rid of mummy's boyfriends is just tiresome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The seem to have stolen nearly every scene from Titanic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thought the two episodes were brilliant . Dennis really is a nasty little thug so I couldn’t care less what happens to him .
    Any bets on who dies ?
    My guess is Bex but could be anyone !

I thought the death they were talking about was Leo unless they are going to kill off a second character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

I think it is too obvious that it is someone on the boat that dies, it is all pointing to Dennis or Bex getting killed, but I would not be surprised if it is Sharon who dies giving birth to her baby,

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Thought the two episodes were brilliant . Dennis really is a nasty little thug so I couldn’t care less what happens to him .
    Any bets on who dies ?
    My guess is Bex but could be anyone !

I said Denise a while back so I'll stick with it. I wouldn't mind being a letter out if it was Dennis. He's a little sh!t.

I like Dennis he adds a bit of life to it when he is on, Bex on the other hand is a boring character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I was way off about Leo.

I hope it's Bex, it's a pitiful storyline, just bury it already.

I don't want Bex to be the death as we know the actress is leaving

I think we have Mitchell/Taylor flashback to come, Keanu dead as is the actor leaving again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Well, that episode had me baffled for a while. I kept thinking that my recorder had a glitch & I was seeing an episode prior to Monday’s one. Interesting & intriguing how they did it. Enjoyable all the same.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

The death could be Sharon losing the baby as she is bleeding, not sure how Dennis is going to get out of that locker room. Why was Linda so determined to get that bottle off the shelf which turned out to be empty when there was a free bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Seemed to have borrowed the Emmerdale idea, telling the same story from different sides, still none the wiser as to who kicks the bucket.

What was the point of the Jack Max fight, Laurel has no interest in her dad she left him rot him prison knowing he was innocent

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Now I know why they didn't do an hour long episode the other night. They're trying to explain the same episode with different viewpoints. I actually like it.

I don't think Dennis is going to get killed off though. Imagine Sharon having the deal with a miscarriage and the death of her only son in one night. She'd probably end up like Mel and have a breakdown.

I think it's going to be Bex.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Why does Ben not take one of the Taylors hostage, trade them back for Callum :p

Is Linda ever sober now, some annoying wagon

All those drunken scenes at the various parties since Christmas are really tiresome. Sometimes they take up most of the programme. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

We knew what the format was going to be from weeks ago though didn't we? Friday will be the tying of it all together and the death on the Thames.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Am I the only one who is finding the 2 episodes tedious? They'd be brilliant if there wasn't so much build up.

Maybe Ben has Karen? Billy asked where she was in both episodes.

What was the point of the Jack Max fight,

Setting up Peter’s return-ish.

Jack had financial concerns before selling the flat to Adam & in The Vic, In advance of going to the party boat, his card was declined & Max paid amid some joking about bale outs since they were kids. Maybe we were supposed to think his finances were still bothersome.

On the boat, Denise said Jack should tell Max (maybe Ian too) about Lauren & Peter splitting up before it was found out that he knew.
    Then tempers rose & we now know Jack has been helping Lauren financially since the split because she wouldn’t / couldn’t ask Max.

Have to say, I think we could all do with an uncle like Jack! He’s been stellar with Tiff & now Lauren.

• Advertisement

What was the point of the Jack Max fight, Laurel has no interest in her dad she left him rot him prison knowing he was innocent
    I think it was so they could set up the incredibly speedy return of Peter Beale. Apparently Jack and Kathy both knew the two of them had split up but nobody told Max. Assuming that Peter was back in London as I don't see him magically arriving at the hospital an hour or so after Kathy phoned him.

Advertisement