Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Seems like the actress who plays Dot wasn't happy with the storylines she was given and from reading the article she must have caught the writers on the hop because it looks like she just quit.

She is in great health though for a woman of 93!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

True to form the weasely Ian left a critically ill Bobby in hospital to take revenge on Denny . Honestly who would do that

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Seems like the actress who plays Dot wasn't happy with the storylines she was given and from reading the article she must have caught the writers on the hop because it looks like she just quit.

And a dedicated smoker to boot!

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Truth be said, i did like Dot's character. The unofficial agony aunt of the Square, never strayed from her devotion, never judged a person for the past mistakes and always there to be a shoulder to cry on and offer comfort when someone was down. I loved those moments in the show. She will be missed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

gidget wrote: »
    Truth be said, i did like Dot's character. The unofficial agony aunt of the Square, never strayed from her devotion, never judged a person for the past mistakes and always there to be a shoulder to cry on and offer comfort when someone was down. I loved those moments in the show. She will be missed.

Great character. She has had some brilliant storylines over the years. She was always there like a cornerstone of the Square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

I'm not sure why she's not happy with her story lines. She very rarely appears in the show so there's not really any meaty stories for her. In fairness they could have written her out years ago. Sounds like she's just being contrary at this point.

I think I must be the only one in the world who doesn’t like Dot ! I always found her a sanctimonious cantankerous aul divil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think I must be the only one in the world who doesn’t like Dot ! I always found her a sanctimonious cantankerous aul divil
    You aren't alone. It's like how callous do you have to be to be talking about all that money you have and how you've just bought your own house(why she's in God's waiting room?) in front of her family who don't have a pot to pee in? She's sitting at the table, ciggy in hand surrounded by people who've waited hand and foot on her for years all the while praising Charlie who has been around for all of 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,778 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dot has a sister who also had a son, he dated Heather

Lindas foot isn't stuck, all she has to do is slip off the high heels and out it comes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Sonia was very calm for that there was a dead body in her kitchen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Was that a hand sticking out of the water at the end?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

It was like she was showing Martin that she had given the kitchen a coat of paint or something, i.e nothing important! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Ooh I enjoyed that. They packed a lot in.Puts the likes of FC to shame.

OMG that was gripping , absolutely brilliantly done and a fantastic week
    Dennis is gone and the repercussions are massive now .

Seriously when Martin arrived wouldn't any normal person lose the head and just start asking what the holy f##k was going on here? I just got home from me holliers and there's a dead man on the kitchen floor and not a soul in the house. And forget the police calling round on a totally unrelated matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yea wait until sharon hears the msg that dennis left for her saying ian locked him in, stuff will hit the fan then

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

All hell breaks loose here if there is a spider in the kitchen but a dead body? "Sadiq Khan was in the square today oh and there's a dead body in the kitchen."

Anyone else disappointed when Linda spit out the water and came back to life?

Was hoping there for a minute that she was going to head off to Eastenders in the sky.

Anyone else disappointed when Linda spit out the water and came back to life?

Was hoping there for a minute that she was going to head off to Eastenders in the sky.

Totally.

• Advertisement

Yea wait until sharon hears the msg that dennis left for her saying ian locked him in, stuff will hit the fan then

Sharon will feel guilty because she lied to Dennis about Keanu and he felt betrayed
    Keanu will feel guilty because he also was the cause of Dennis stress
    Phil will feel guilty because his fight with Keanu caused the crash
    Ian will feel guilty for locking Denny in the boat
    Lots of huge storylines from his death I hope

Was that a hand sticking out of the water at the end?

Is anyone else still missing ? Did we see Tracy afterwards ? Or isaac ?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Is that the best week of Eastenders ever if not its pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

yes like what did she want a shoot out on the boat with the Mitchels.

Did Ben get seen by any doctor, he banged his head

I think a few deaths would have been better especially Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

So worth it, I can't wait to see how this plays out.

It was great, really kept us guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Sharon will feel guilty because she lied to Dennis about Keanu and he felt betrayed
    Keanu will feel guilty because he also was the cause of Dennis stress
    Phil will feel guilty because his fight with Keanu caused the crash
    Ian will feel guilty for locking Denny in the boat
    Lots of huge storylines from his death I hope

I wonder will she reject the new baby?

I presume Callum will survive and crawl his way back to the square.
    Gripping stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

I think Callum is dead as well, and maybe one more?

• Advertisement

Fair play, I did not think they would kill a kid off again this soon after Lucy, Abi and Shakhil

Denny dying, the grandson of Dirty Den and Sharon's son, will change Phil and Ian, also will Dotty and Bex feel guilty too?

Advertisement