Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Wasn't Phil responsible for Dennis Rickman's death as well? Now he indirectly caused the death of his son too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

For a minute I thought Ian was going to panic and abandon Denny but I suppose this would be too weaselly even for his character.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Thank god Ian gave Mick those swimming lessons a few years ago. Around 6 years ago he was terrified of water and Ian taught him to swim. Tonight he was like a fish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

Yea wait until sharon hears the msg that dennis left for her saying ian locked him in, stuff will hit the fan then
    Did the message get to her though? It looked like there wasn't a signal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Did the message get to her though? It looked like there wasn't a signal.

I wondered about that too.

It was a better episode than usual but seriously all this build up to kill off a very minor character that most viewers actually forget exists most of the time was a bit silly. What Changed? Keanu went off again, Martin and Sonia doing yet another hospital bed vigil for Bex latest drug overdose. It's all getting very repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I was hoping Bex would be killed off. I can't take much more of her whispering voice and eyes brimming with tears in every scene.

I was hoping Bex would be killed off. I can't take much more of her whispering voice and eyes brimming with tears in every scene.
    She has quit so it would have been a good time to kill her off. She is such an annoying whiny character. Why is it that EE tends to make so many of it's female characters whiny victims? There can't be many of the Albert Square ladies who haven't been raped either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So glad she is going.

I'm not a regular viewer anymore so I presume she did have storylines at some time, but she seems to have no real purpose at all now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think Callum is dead as well, and maybe one more?

Callum survives and helps deaf boyfriend Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

can Gray take on the case when he knew Leo and knows Whitney personally?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Does anyone know if Dennys phone gets a signal will the voice message then send ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Just caught up on recent episodes. Omg. Absolutely BRILLIANT.

I can't see Dotty keeping quite for Ian unless he pays her

Bit disappointed they killed Denny off now. He was throwing his weight around in the garage, all "I'm Phil Mitchell's son!" and he obviously fancied Dotty too, who never was going to even look at him. A love rivalry between him and Bobby over Dotty could have been entertaining. Ah sure let's see where they're going with it. I'm sure they didn't write his character out for no reason, especially since he was played by such a good young actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Don't watch EE that much anymore but I thought Denny was Dennis Rickman's son ? Was disappointed they killed him off, Linda would have been a far more welcome departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Radio5 wrote: »
    Don't watch EE that much anymore but I thought Denny was Dennis Rickman's son ? Was disappointed they killed him off, Linda would have been a far more welcome departure.

He was Dennis Rickman's son,but was adopted by Phil.

Bit disappointed they killed Denny off now. He was throwing his weight around in the garage, all "I'm Phil Mitchell's son!" and he obviously fancied Dotty too, who never was going to even look at him. A love rivalry between him and Bobby over Dotty could have been entertaining. Ah sure let's see where they're going with it. I'm sure they didn't write his character out for no reason, especially since he was played by such a good young actor.
    The whole 'I'm Phil Mitchell's son' thing was always a bit pathetic. Denny was never anything more than a spoiled peevish little mummy's boy with a big mouth and short fuse who'd wet himself if someone actually confronted him. If Ben hadn't been such a huge disappointment to him I don't think he would have bothered too much about Denny, not that he really seemed to that much anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Nanny Karen is younger than mammy Sharon. ☺

• Advertisement

Nanny Karen is younger than mammy Sharon. ☺
    Seems to be the new normal in Britain, my husband's nieces children are roughly the same age as her half siblings with her dad's second wife. My sister in law was a granny in her 30's. Her daughter has 2 kids with 2 different guys, seems to be a trend with her, a baby with each guy she's serious about and they never stick around for too long, so everyone dreads it when she says she's got a new boyfriend. Each to their own but it must be weird for the niece's dad having grandkids that are the same age as your kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

Oh God, I hope there isn't going to be another wrongful imprisonment storyline with Whitney, I don't think I can take it.

I wonder if Gray's defending Whitney is going to be the catalyst for Chantelle leaving him, assuming she actually does. I think she always assumed that he'd never hurt the kids but his outburst at them last night followed by him buying them off with money for chocolate was an eyeopener for her but it was him defending it by saying she had no idea what a bad day he was going to have smacks of exactly what he does when he beats her and then makes it all her fault for pushing him.

Is Phil off looking for Callum :p or gone back to Portugal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Phil off looking for Callum :p or gone back to Portugal

I think he’s back on the Gargle!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The abuse aside, the fact that Gray seems to get pulled into everyone's problem almost makes me feel sorry for him. If it wasn't for his abusive behavior towards Chantelle i'd say he could be considered a sympathetic character. Everyone takes advantage of him, asking for legal advise or help with a case, and he's not getting paid for it as well. And if he said no to any of them, you can bet they'd turn on him just as quick and make him out to be a villain, guilt tripping him about not showing support or something.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The abuse aside, the fact that Gray seems to get pulled into everyone's problem almost makes me feel sorry for him. If it wasn't for his abusive behavior towards Chantelle i'd say he could be considered a sympathetic character. Everyone takes advantage of him, asking for legal advise or help with a case, and he's not getting paid for it as well. And if he said no to any of them, you can bet they'd turn on him just as quick and make him out to be a villain, guilt tripping him about not showing support or something.

I like the Taylor family even Keegan's dad and sister but I have not warmed to Chantelle yet, the actress is not believable in the part imho

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I think they've handled Gray's profession really badly. He's supposed to be an ambitious young lawyer building a career at a successful legal firm yet he always seems to be around Albert Square. There's no way he'd be popping home for a pint in the Vic at lunch time. He'd be gone at the crack of dawn and home after dark, not taking the kids to school or the usual stuff he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

I also think the Ben storyline is just a rush job, suddenly he can’t hear, yet the damage happened in prison. It’s been a dramatic loss from fully functioning albeit with a hearing aid to not being able to communicate at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Baybay

greeno wrote: »
    I also think the Ben storyline is just a rush job, suddenly he can’t hear, yet the damage happened in prison.

He also banged his head during the boating incident.

Advertisement