Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

I get the issue they're trying to highlight but this Keegan getting trouble from the police is starting to get annoying. Like every week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

casio4 wrote: »
    but Keegan is acting like everyone in the world is against him

well he is having it hard at the moment. trying to make everything come together. Trying to be a good citizen and its just one thing after another , especially with the fed's who it seems like they keep picking on him.

I suppose nobody knows what its like for people of different colour if your not a different colour and keep being picked on like that just because of your colour / race.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,777 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who robbed Keegan's flat and why? Surely a robber would have tried one of the more up market gaffs like Gray's place or one of the businesses

No Eastenders on BBC on Tuesday because of the football. Hour long episode on Friday.

Ditto RTE1.

that will mean no Holby then - thank goodness i recorded the extra ep of holby last wednesday and havent watched it yet ....

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who robbed Keegan's flat and why? Surely a robber would have tried one of the more up market gaffs like Gray's place or one of the businesses

maybe thought grays had alarm an CCTV - robbers tend to go first for easy pickings dont they

I've a feeling there will be more to come in a later episode of that robber and why his face was clearly shown , i dont know how I just have a feeling they showed it prominently for a reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

well he is having it hard at the moment. trying to make everything come together. Trying to be a good citizen and its just one thing after another , especially with the fed's who it seems like they keep picking on him.

I suppose nobody knows what its like for people of different colour if your not a different colour and keep being picked on like that just because of your colour / race.
    feds
    Rudeboys word for the Police. Even though its slang for the FBI in the U.S.
    "Oi, we be'er blurt man! Dere's too many feds 'round 'ere."
    by Anonymous April 28, 2003

lol wtf.

As a youngish abled guy I accept that I will be treated with more suspicion than an old grandma. I'm sure skinheads or people with tattoos, piercings and so on have it a lot worse. He literally tackled him to the ground and started punching him. As for the drunks being allowed in before him that would happen to anyone, if anything his colour probably made it less likely to happen to him in today's climate. I'm not saying the storyline is unrealistic but if I'm expected to feel sorry for him I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

He was watching Keegan in the chip van so it was Keegan he wanted to rob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

He was watching Keegan in the chip van so it was Keegan he wanted to rob

Your man was sitting behind Keegan in the cafe at the start of the episode and Keegan mentioned something about having money on him. I assumed the guy in the green hoody would mug him or somehow get the money out of his pocket while they were still in the caf - didn't really understand why he'd go straight for the flat. Was it supposed to be a coincidence that Keegan's flat was robbed? I'm not sure.
    Re Keegan's current storyline, I definitely have sympathy for the character - he's putting up with a far greater degree of suspicion from the police than a white lad would have to, and getting no empathy/sympathy from his father who has clearly been coping with the same treatment all his life, but feels he has to just accept it for a quiet life. I think they've done a good job of highlighting the generational difference in how they each deal with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

dee_mc wrote: »

Re Keegan's current storyline, I definitely have sympathy for the character - he's putting up with a far greater degree of suspicion from the police than a white lad would have to, and getting no empathy/sympathy from his father who has clearly been coping with the same treatment all his life, but feels he has to just accept it for a quiet life. I think they've done a good job of highlighting the generational difference in how they each deal with the problem.

I think it Mitch is looking out for Keegan is his own way. As a black man who obviously went through it himself, he's trying to explain to Keegan , yes, that's just how it is and getting stroppy is not going to change it. It might even be more difficult for Keegan being mixed race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Can't stand Ian. What a snivelling spineless tool he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Bex: "I'm going travelling"
    Everyone: "Just go already!!"

Michelle paying for Bex travels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Michelle paying for Bex travels

I'd pay no problem just so long as she actually goes. I can't stand her

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I wish Ben would get that operation soon those noises are annoying me, poor Jay he thinks proposing will change Lolas mind about keeping the baby. I think she's very selfish to think she can just get rid of this baby and get pregnant again at a time that suits her

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am loving nasty Dotty !! Anyone that gets the better of Ian is grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

if i were dotty id be asking for ians chip shop instead of the arches..free batter burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Robsweezie wrote: »
    if i were dotty id be asking for ians chip shop instead of the arches..free batter burgers

I wouldn’t say she’s into batter burgers with a killer figure like that :pac:

I thought Callum might go see Whitney or to her bail hearing, supporting her

Is Linda going to any AA meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When was the last time Eastenders had a pregnancy storyline that wasn't so depressing? Seems like every pregnancy is an accident or the result of an affair. There doesn't seem to be a single genuine pregnancy where a couple actually try to have a kid or want one. And if they ever did do a storyline where a couple actually wants a kid it usually ends in a miscarriage.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    When was the last time Eastenders had a pregnancy storyline that wasn't so depressing? Seems like every pregnancy is an accident or the result of an affair. There doesn't seem to be a single genuine pregnancy where a couple actually try to have a kid or want one. And if they ever did do a storyline where a couple actually wants a kid it usually ends in a miscarriage.

Not only that but when they do have babies they disappear off the face of the earth ! Kat apparently has forgotten all about Baby Cherry who she wrestled off her mother . And Max has lost baby Abi and she is nowhere to be seen .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 haydeyhi

Sharon said she hasn't checked her voicemails since Denny died.

Ian gonna be found out soon.

Why was Shirley wearing Linda’s pink coat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Why was Shirley wearing Linda’s pink coat lol
    Jean instructed everybody to wear bright colours for the scattering of Daniel's ashes. Shirley turned up in black & Jean gave out to her. Shirley asked Linda if she could root through her wardrobe, cos 'Jean want's us all to come dressed as Teletubbies'.
    Classic Shirley.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

I wish Ben would get that operation soon those noises are annoying me, poor Jay he thinks proposing will change Lolas mind about keeping the baby. I think she's very selfish to think she can just get rid of this baby and get pregnant again at a time that suits her

Imagine how annoying they'd feel for someone actually going through it...

And yeah, that's the whole point of bodily autonmy... you get to choose when you want to be pregnant and have a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Ben was on a role in terms of character development and now this storyline has just thrown an annoying spanner in the works.
    Lola will prob have a change of heart and keep the baby....only to suffer a miscarriage.

Also for saying Sharon and Whitney are two female characters with no real blood family around the difference in how they are treated is night and day.

The Square rallies around Whitney as if she is their sister,Gray so tied up in the case etc while Sharon is preparing to bury a child and theres not much support.The scene last night where Linda just randomly bumps into her..surely she should have been calling round every day if they're best mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

haydeyhi wrote: »
    Sharon said she hasn't checked her voicemails since Denny died.

Ian gonna be found out soon.

What was on the voicemail?

Also, I missed the last tiny bit of last night's EE. The stupid RTE player stopped just as Gray stormed into his house in foul humour after Whitney being refused bail. Just wondering did he attack Chantelle or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

KM792 wrote: »
    Ben was on a role in terms of character development and now this storyline has just thrown an annoying spanner in the works.
    Lola will prob have a change of heart and keep the baby....only to suffer a miscarriage.

Also for saying Sharon and Whitney are two female characters with no real blood family around the difference in how they are treated is night and day.

The Square rallies around Whitney as if she is their sister,Gray so tied up in the case etc while Sharon is preparing to bury a child and theres not much support.The scene last night where Linda just randomly bumps into her..surely she should have been calling round every day if they're best mates.

That bit rang true for me - Linda was so caught up in her own drama and recovery that she didn't even think about Sharon until she was standing in front of her. Probably a certain amount of guilt about the fact that it was an event celebrating her pub that led to the death of her best friend's son, too - that'll be addressed at some point too I'm sure, when Linda's a bit further into recovery. Fairly realistic scenario I think, considering.

dee_mc wrote: »
    That bit rang true for me - Linda was so caught up in her own drama and recovery that she didn't even think about Sharon until she was standing in front of her. Probably a certain amount of guilt about the fact that it was an event celebrating her pub that led to the death of her best friend's son, too - that'll be addressed at some point too I'm sure, when Linda's a bit further into recovery. Fairly realistic scenario I think, considering.

Linda also asked Sharon if she had got all the messages she had sent . Sharon replied something about not be able for people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

What did Chantelles husband do to get suspended from practicing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Cash_Q wrote: »
    What did Chantelles husband do to get suspended from practicing?

Just suspended from the practice where he worked. His work wasn't up to scratch for the last year or so.

I got the impression he was a high flying legal eagle when he arrived on the Square.

Advertisement