Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

The most dangerous part of an abusive relationship is when the abuser knows it's game up.
    The acting was brilliant and the death quite original for a soap.
    He's an evil bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,770 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought the kids would find her

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

Hats off to the actors, writers & directors of tonight's episode. Gripping from start to finish. Tragically realistic

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Just caught it on +1. Wow. That look she gave him before she passed. So much said in just her eyes. Such sadness and pure aknowlegement that said - you've just killed me. And the focus on her wedding ring at the end. Oh god lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

i thought the accidental death initially was weak, i was expecting him to kill her outright by drowning, beating her etc, i didnt want to have to feel sorry for him, but it goes to show just because he hurt her, doesn't mean he wanted her dead, and people and relationships are complicated.

chantelle standing up to him was brilliant, and grays darts scenes in the pub were good to show how people can completely disconnect after something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

I found that really strange. No man would ever say that, unless he was under the heavy influence of drugs or something.

I don't know why they did that because he could have struck a slightly sympathetic cord otherwise with how it was an accident. He wasn't running around after her with a knife.

Without sounding like a psychopath myself this made it for me.
    There has been enough murder suicides in this country, plenty without drink and drugs involved, to know this is absolutely an act that an abuser would not only threat but potentially act out.
    I thought a soap would be too afraid to even touch on such a subject but it's important and brilliant that they did. If any woman has heard those threats before, and watched tonight, hearing Grey say it and seeing how it played out, it might be the push they need to reach out and tell someone.
    Some abusers will do anything to get to their partner, including hurting the children. It's horrible but it's true

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    Just caught it on +1. Wow. That look she gave him before she passed. So much said in just her eyes. Such sadness and pure aknowlegement that said - you've just killed me. And the focus on her wedding ring at the end. Oh god lads

I had thought she pawned her rings

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Excellent episode, it was very well done, and even though I knew it was coming it still packed a huge emotional punch.

As soon as I saw the knife, blade up, in the dishwasher at the start, I knew exactly how it was going to happen, but thought it was a really effective way to do the story justice despite the filming restrictions they were under due to covid.

Most compelling episode of any of the soaps in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Sinead Mc1 wrote: »
    There has been enough murder suicides in this country, plenty without drink and drugs involved, to know this is absolutely an act that an abuser would not only threat but potentially act out.

Good point but I still always suspect drugs for those types of cases as that level of sudden extreme violence is a signature of drug use (legal or illegal) that seems impossible to explain in human psychology. I guess I forget how others think of cases like that. He'd still be a cold-blooded killer if they left that out but there'd be a sliver of humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just watched tonight's episode. Absolutely brilliant job done by everyone involved especially Gray and Chantelle. I think tonight's episode really drove home the message of the first time he hits you that you should leave. So many women live like this every day and feel so trapped and helpless. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

It feels wrong to praise something that featured such a dark social topic but it really was superb television from EastEnders tonight. EastEnders has done episodes that make it stand out from the other soaps before but nothing quite like what they produced tonight, it was simply on another level.

The fact it was done under a 'covid secure' environment is all the more impressive.

Well done to the actors, writers and production team.

A reminder every 4 days a woman is killed by her partner or ex partner :(

I applaud Eastenders for not showing a happy ending because this sadly happens in real life. I see people on twitter saying this will stop people for coming forward but it will do the opposite, as in come forward now or this is the end result.

What an amazing episode and did anyone notice it was filmed differently?

The scene were she died I didn’t except it I was in shock.

They foreshadowed her death in January when Chantelle was loading the dishwasher and she put the cutely handle sticking up and Grey said put them facing upwards as if she didn’t they wouldn’t get clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I had thought she pawned her rings

Just the engagement ring I think.

It feels wrong to praise something that featured such a dark social topic but it really was superb television from EastEnders tonight. EastEnders has done episodes that make it stand out from the other soaps before but nothing quite like what they produced tonight, it was simply on another level.

The fact it was done under a 'covid secure' environment is all the more impressive.

Well done to the actors, writers and production team.

And the fact that they were able to do it and make it so realistic while having to abide by Covid 19 rules as well.

Compare that to the muck like Fair City we pay RTE through our license fee to produce.

The Brits definitely get better value for their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I think the milk will be important somehow .Suki asked if he didnt want organic milk and he said No he wanted the cheap one .Was there already milk in the fridge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Baybay

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I think the milk will be important somehow .Suki asked if he didnt want organic milk and he said No he wanted the cheap one .Was there already milk in the fridge ?

Because the organic milk was in a carton which wouldn’t have shattered on falling therefore his shock & surprise wouldn’t be visible. The only uncharacteristic thing he did all evening was choose the cheap milk. Gray is all about appearances & usually, I’d say, would never admit to wanting the cheaper item.

I hope an autopsy in done on Chantelle as her body will have bruises from the beatings but Gray will have the say, in lockdown did he beat her was that alluded to with Stacey Dooley insider chats?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Baybay

Can’t quite remember what was said in the Stacey Dooley chats but as the children must have been in the house all or most of the time, I think the bath scene may have been his weapon of choice.

Mitch and Kheeret will have suspicions about Gray surely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

I hope an autopsy in done on Chantelle as her body will have bruises from the beatings but Gray will have the say, in lockdown did he beat her was that alluded to with Stacey Dooley insider chats?

In Ireland an autopsy is mandatory even for very old people unless the cause of death is confirmed or they had seen their doctor recently about the suspected cause of death. I'm pretty certain a healthy young girl like Chantelle appearing to die in a freak accident will require an autopsy. Obviously Gray will be the main suspect and they will ask her family etc. if they thought anything seemed strange about their relationship. Even if he admits to beating her that's still just circumstantial evidence. It would be pretty much impossible to prove this murder unless you had surveillance or a witness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I wonder is there any way Gray and Chantelle’s arguing would have been recorded on Kheeret’s phone as a voicemail. I don’t know if she managed to make contact when she rang him on the secret phone she had. I know he was walking through the square listening to the first voicemail she sent earlier at the time so it probably wouldn’t happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

When they find her body and the autopsy is done they will know how long she was lying there, she told Karreet in her voicemail she was at home with Gray and the kids then him buying the milk in the shop will have something to do with the timeline of events

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

casio4 wrote: »
    When they find her body and the autopsy is done they will know how long she was lying there, she told Karreet in her voicemail she was at home with Gray and the kids then him buying the milk in the shop will have something to do with the timeline of events

Keerat will also have missed calls .

fin12 wrote: »

Talk on line that Denise, Jack, Stacey and Kat are taking long time off or leaving like Max over less work and less pay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Letitia Dean and Diane Parish get £150,000.

Letitia has been on the show as long as Adam Woodyatt yet she makes less then him. I wonder why that is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Letitia has been on the show as long as Adam Woodyatt yet she makes less then him. I wonder why that is?

She left the show twice for about 5 years each time so although she is an original cast member like Adam she hasn't been in the show as long.

Danny Dyer earns £250 k a year :eek:

Does he earn the most, what about Steve (Phil) ?

• Advertisement

Does he earn the most, what about Steve (Phil) ?

He is on the same as Steve and Adam.

Advertisement