Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was EastEnders on RTtonight? I know BBC are showing 2 episodes on Thursday

No even though was showing up on Sky Listings for RTE 1

Hayley looks more like a druggie than Rainie :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Carmel is playing a blinder, I lost a brother 28 years ago to a stabbing and my mam went through a lot of what Carmel is portraying it's hard to watch and i'm dreading tomorrows episode but they are doing it well

casio4 wrote: »
    Carmel is playing a blinder, I lost a brother 28 years ago to a stabbing and my mam went through a lot of what Carmel is portraying it's hard to watch and i'm dreading tomorrows episode but they are doing it well

Sorry to hear that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Was EE on BBC1 tonight? Virgin box can’t seem to handle the constant changes to the schedule.

Same with the Sky box, feel like I've missed loads of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Hayley looks more like a druggie than Rainie :p

Her constant pushing her top lip out with her tongue is doing my head in !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Kitty6277 wrote:
    Same with the Sky box, feel like I've missed loads of it

Same. I've had to resort to YouTube a few times. For instance, last night eps were on at 7.30 and 8.30. Only 7.30 recorded. I managed to catch most of the 8.30 one on RTE+1 after 9.30.

Wow . Eastenders tonight was incredibly powerful . Amazing production

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Wow . Eastenders tonight was incredibly powerful . Amazing production
    Those people at the church wernt actors they were people who had lost their kids to knife crime. What an amazing episode of eastenders. So poinent and bang up to date sadly. Well done all.

Those people at the church wernt actors they were people who had lost their kids to knife crime. What an amazing episode of eastenders. So poinent and bang up to date sadly. Well done all.

Oh i knew that . A amazing production that blended reality with a storyline

• Advertisement

well I was in bits watching that tonight, the bit that got me most was when the coffin was leaving the church and all those people were holding their pictures of their loved ones who have been affected by knife crime looking on, knowing that they had been there and gone through it. It doesn't leave you i'm 28 years on from someone I loved and still love dying by the knife and think why didn't you hit him or punch him, I have to say Eastenders annoys me most times with the Carters and the Slaters but they did it very well last night and tonight. I couldn't help thinking if Carmel was in the church to hear what Keegan said about Shaki she would have been fit to strangle him as she already blames him for shaki getting stabbed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I thought they made a bit of a mockery of it by having the mother do the well-worn "I ain't goin' to no funeral" cliche. I know grief affects everyone differently, but there has never been a death on EastEnders where this kind of nonsense hasn't happened. The only difference this time was that Denise took on the role usually inhabited by Dot Cotton, whereby someone who is essentially an idiot dispenses a load of uncharacteristically thoughtful and profound advice, thus making the person who "ain't goin' to no funeral" decide that they will actually go to the funeral after all.

I thought they made a bit of a mockery of it by having the mother do the well-worn "I ain't goin' to no funeral" cliche. I know grief affects everyone differently, but there has never been a death on EastEnders where this kind of nonsense hasn't happened. The only difference this time was that Denise took on the role usually inhabited by Dot Cotton, whereby someone who is essentially an idiot dispenses a load of uncharacteristically thoughtful and profound advice, thus making the person who "ain't goin' to no funeral" decide that they will actually go to the funeral after all.

Being honest I thought Carmel was incredibly selfish thinking she could dismiss Shakils brothers and father as being less important than she was . Of course it's difficult but I have never seen a mother cut out a family like that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I watched Rio Ferdinand's documentary afterwards. Needless to say I am a complete emotional mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Very powerful episode tonight. When EE does true to life drama it does it so well.

Oh My God I’m in an awful way after watching Eastenders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Just watched the funeral episode... wow!

So glad they didn't have Danny Dyer or any of the Carters in this episode. Bonnie Langford was brilliant.

Sean Mahon (Red Rock) joining as Mel's ex Ray

Sean Mahon (Red Rock) joining as Mel's ex Ray

Would he be Ciara Maguire's brother?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Did anyone notice the video Stuart made was filmed in the Carter's kitchen?
    Same glass shelves and cupboards and same cups.

• Advertisement

Way too much cackling in EE these days . The Slater witches are just too much

Would he be Ciara Maguire's brother?

Yes I think so

fussyonion wrote: »
    Did anyone notice the video Stuart made was filmed in the Carter's kitchen?
    Same glass shelves and cupboards and same cups.

They showed him filming it last week.

Yes I think so

Hopefully it’s not a revival of the Aidan Maguire/robbery/heist storyline.

Poor Linda . Mick can't see how much Stu angers her and I feel something dreadful will happen if Mick doesn't cop on

Why does Tanya not want baby Abi?

Is Stuart telling the truth about his abuse?

Why does Tanya not want baby Abi?

Is Stuart telling the truth about his abuse?

Tanya is mentally ill lver what happened apparently
    Don’t think Stuart is no, wonder what the secret with Tina is

Stuart was making Linda very uneasy, for someone who was raped and someone getting that close and in your face saying he can do what he wants when he wants she would be bricking it, she should tell someone before something happens

Tanya is mentally ill lver what happened apparently
    Don’t think Stuart is no, wonder what the secret with Tina is

Some speculation online is that Stuart raped Tina and is Zsa Zsa's father

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

for anyone who records eastenders on BBC1 northern Ireland on the sky digibox just check that it will continue to series link record because I noticed yesterday that BBC1 NI HD has been moved to Sky 141 and the standard definition BBC1 NI has moved to sky 832 ... but I dare say that most people watch eastenders on RTE ONE HD now on sky 101 ... only reason I record EE on BBC1 NI is because there are no adverts in the middle of it and it tends to be 'jerky' movement on RTE ONE as the camera pans across sometimes

Advertisement