Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Can they just send Tina to jail (she should have gone when she knocked Janet down) and then get rid of the Caters & halfwits. I can’t watch EE anymore with them in it. They’ve ruined the show for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,291 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kat has 5 kids not just 3 even though Zoe and her twin the evil murdering priest are older

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Have we ever seen Fat Elvis,or is he a figment of Mo's imagination,a bit like Willie Heckaslike in Corrie:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Have we ever seen Fat Elvis,or is he a figment of Mo's imagination,a bit like Willie Heckaslike in Corrie:):):)

haha - had to think about that one ... and then I laughed out loud LOL :D

even said it in my head in a Manchester accent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Riddle101 wrote: »
    He died of a heart attack in prison. Also the that thing about the bridge in the rain. I think you're referring to the time he pushed Andy Hunter off the bridge.

ah right - yes thanks, its becoming clearer now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

why has there been absolutely no reference to the events of redwater in kat's storyline?? how she survived nearly drowning, her priest son...

i like how the show dealt with grief after shaki's death. carmel was shown frequently falling apart, and in a state of denial.

kush seemed to just carry on with his life with no signs of breaking down, until it suddenly hit him in that scene with martin and robbie.

it goes to show the different reactions to bereavement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Why oh why didn't Tina kill Stuart and then the Carters go on the run with Tina.

Problem solved !

Another affair to rock the Square
    Keanu and Sharon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Another affair to rock the Square

Punching above her weight there big time!

nikkibikki wrote: »

I thought that about
    Dennis

• Advertisement

So we never going to find out what happens to Kat in Ireland and her killer son or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

nikkibikki wrote:

Not many above Sharon's weight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭fussyonion

nikkibikki wrote:

Not many above Sharon's weight

There's no need to be so horrible.

So we never going to find out what happens to Kat in Ireland and her killer son or what?

Redwater, Ireland, her twin son and Alfie's brain tumour have never been mentioned since Kat returned

Hunter had such a big bag for a pair of earphones lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Stacey was really awful to Hayley last night. I know Kat was her original choice but she could have been nice about it. Instead she completely pushed her to the side the moment Kat walked in and forgot about her. Just very rude.

In any case I've warmed up to Haley's character. She started out rough and unlikable but most of the Slater's started out like that as well. She's a lot easier to tolerate than the rest of the Slater Family now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

My God is Jays new potential flatmate meant to be Irish?

If so in the words of Simon Cowell "if your Irish then why are you speaking in an American accent?"

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Stacey was really awful to Hayley last night. I know Kat was her original choice but she could have been nice about it. Instead she completely pushed her to the side the moment Kat walked in and forgot about her. Just very rude.

In any case I've warmed up to Haley's character. She started out rough and unlikable but most of the Slater's started out like that as well. She's a lot easier to tolerate than the rest of the Slater Family now.

Why did Stacey or Martin not ask Sonia or Bex to be godmother, Sonia was very good to Stacey when she was sick after having Arthur

I like Jean's scenes with Hayley

Do we still not know how Hayley is related to Slaters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

My God is Jays new potential flatmate meant to be Irish?

If so in the words of Simon Cowell "if your Irish then why are you speaking in an American accent?"

She is Irish. Tara Lee is her name. She was in the tv series Raw several years back and quite good in it, and she was in The Fall too.
    I know what you mean about the accent but there's a lot of it going around in fairness to her!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I remember someone on this site say that the reason some Dubliners have Americanised accents is because the American accent was influenced by an Irish accent which is nonsense, people speaking with americanised accents is something from the last couple of decades. I am glad I don't have the Americanisation virus, when I go outside of Ulster I have to stop myself from saying words like Aye and wee.

• Advertisement

I remember someone on this site say that the reason some Dubliners have Americanised accents is because the American accent was influenced by an Irish accent which is nonsense, people speaking with americanised accents is something from the last couple of decades. I am glad I don't have the Americanisation virus, when I go outside of Ulster I have to stop myself from saying words like Aye and wee.

It's absolute bolloxs alright.

It started in teh Celtic Tiger with ones especially D4 heads talking with American accents thinking it somehow rose social status to go along with all the money they had, even if it was all on credit

I remember it was a thing for girls from the country who were ashamed of their "bogger accent" go to Dublin to college and after 2 months coming back with an American accent and the lads sounding like they were surfer dudes from Hawaii

For 99% of them the piss was ripped so much out of them they copped on as they were making absolute eejits of themselves

My favourite was when a lad that came from farm came back with the whole hey dude carry on

It was so funny see him come into the pub and everyone from his friends to random old lads going "heeey duuuude what's up?"

He used go red and be raging :pac: They used also do the whole "omg like omg" thing to the girls too :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭George White

I'm not sure though, like I know English people who as kids watched the Late Late on Channel Four, and weren't sure if Gaybo was American or not, a certain kind of Northeastern upper-crust type, sort of Long Island Lockjaw.
    And there is that common thing that Britishbased productions will often cast Irish as Americans because the accents are more similar than British. Look at Batman Begins with the likes of Risteard Cooper and Gerard Murphy turning up, or Joe Lynch turning up as an American in Whodunnit, or virtually the entire career of Harry Towb.

What is Gunners or Gooners, is it for Arsenal, thought all Eastenders were West Ham fans only

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is Gunners or Gooners, is it for Arsenal, thought all Eastenders were West Ham fans only

Yes Arsenal. Then she said hammers all the way, West Ham

What is Jay new flatmate job I don't understand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The service industry from what I gather :P

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The service industry from what I gather :P

Ooooo I see massage with a happy ending lol

A hooker (and not in rugby line out :P)

I was expecting her to be connected to Aidan, Ciara and Ray

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭Riddle101

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    A hooker (and not in rugby line out :P)

I was expecting her to be connected to Aidan, Ciara and Ray

She still could be. Might be an estranged daughter or maybe doing her own thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

She has a very odd way of delivering lines. Apart from the whole fake americanised side of things .....she's mumbling. I couldn't understand half the stuff she was saying .

Advertisement