Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

dee_mc wrote: »
    Alfie is only back five minutes and I'm sick of him already.
    I liked his character years ago when Nana Moon and Spencer were still around.

Me too , cant stand that slapstick hilarity .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Are we to assume that Kat, Alfie and the entire Slater family have forgotten K&A's trip to Ireland to find Zoe's psycho twin?:cool:

Also - there's never a reference to their big lotto win. :rolleyes:

Are we to assume that Kat, Alfie and the entire Slater family have forgotten K&A's trip to Ireland to find Zoe's psycho twin?:cool

For the love of god yes this is annoying the hell out of me

Are we to assume that Kat, Alfie and the entire Slater family have forgotten K&A's trip to Ireland to find Zoe's psycho twin?:cool:

Or Alfies brain tumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is like Redwater never happened

FFS would Hayley name her bloody Slater Moon baby, it's annoying me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Didn't they say the series set in Waterford was a standalone thing?
    Actually yeah, I just looked it up and here's what it says on Wikipedia:

Richie said that as Redwater is a stand-alone series, there is no reference to the EastEnders locations of Walford, Albert Square or The Queen Victoria pub, though Alfie does mention that he once worked in a pub, being the only reference to their time in EastEnders. Kat and Alfie's twin sons, Bert and Ernie Moon, do not appear in Redwater, because Treadwell-Collins knew that having two small children in the series would have "limited Kat and Alfie and they wouldn't have been able to do as much", though revealed that they were originally due to appear, but "suddenly you ended up having storylines about who is looking after the twins and on a show like this we needed to tell other stories" and confirmed that Kat and Alfie have only left them for a few weeks and check on them during the series.

It was announced on 30 April 2017 that EastEnders would make a "subtle reference" to Redwater in May, "in a bid to keep the two shows in the same universe", revealing that Kat and Alfie have arrived in Ireland. The reference was made in the episode shown on 16 May 2017, two days before Redwater's UK premiere, in which Kat's relative, Stacey Fowler (Lacey Turner), receives a postcard from the pair. Redwater viewers noticed a continuity error in relation to this, as the flashback scene at the start of episode 1 is set in 1994, and then the story continues from "21 years later", meaning it takes place in 2015, though Kat and Alfie left EastEnders in 2016 which is when Kat discovered that her son existed, and Stacey received the postcard from Kat in EastEnders in 2017. In Redwater, Kat refers to a postcard concerning her son dated from December 1983, though the EastEnders timeline gives her son's birth as being in February 1984. Additionally, Adam Postans from the Daily Mirror said that the details in EastEnders of how Kat discovers her son is in Redwater were either "forgotten or abandoned" as they are different in Redwater.

I also read that there was to be a second series of Redwater, but it was shelved before the first was aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I've had parties on new years eve that had less ppl at them than hayleys 4pm of a Monday birthday party. Silly.

Some sound outta that lil radio.

That ray is some detective . His girlfriend is parked right outside in a car straight out of an episode of Hart to Hart and he still doesn't spot her.

And here's me doing my stalking in a plain ole ford focus. I need to up my game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Where's Jean sleeping? she gave up her room for Hayley and Baby.
    If this was happening in Dublin Peter McVerry would be screaming from the rooftop that house is busting :rolleyes:

To be fair. It's a great wee house. Great soundproofing. The gang were downstairs screaming abuse at alfie when he arrived and yet Hatley upstairs didn't hear a word.

• Advertisement

123balltv wrote: »
    Where's Jean sleeping? she gave up her room for Hayley and Baby.
    If this was happening in Dublin Peter McVerry would be screaming from the rooftop that house is busting :rolleyes:

We have Mo , Hayley and baby , Kat , Whitney , Tiffany , Martin , Stacey , Lily , Arthur , Hope and Jean living in the Albert Square Tardis !

Kat's secret twin son, Alfie's lotto win and brain tumour all started on Eastenders before they left for Spain and then Ireland with Redwater, strange no update now they back on the Square, I thought Alfie confided in Ian and Phil about his tumour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Kat's secret twin son, Alfie's lotto win and brain tumour all started on Eastenders before they left for Spain and then Ireland with Redwater, strange no update now they back on the Square, I thought Alfie confided in Ian and Phil about his tumour

Was it diagnosed while in Ireland, that might explain it. Probably just a 'windy pain' or a speck of dust on the x ray...or maybe himself and Kat made it to Knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,822 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

was the joke wasted on a lot of viewers with Alfie and deaf ol' Mrs Calendar - he said "im just off to the Bank ... no, I said Bank Mrs Calendar .. I'm a grown up now" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39 Castlerea1121

was the joke wasted on a lot of viewers with Alfie and deaf ol' Mrs Calendar - he said "im just off to the Bank ... no, I said Bank Mrs Calendar .. I'm a grown up now" :D

Im a bit slow didn't get it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

so now the slaters dont have a telly and Ian has a better one what's that all about? and where is Alfie conducting his funerals from don't you need a premises and a lot more besides?

Alfie and his so called charm its annoying

casio4 wrote: »
    so now the slaters dont have a telly and Ian has a better one what's that all about? and where is Alfie conducting his funerals from don't you need a premises and a lot more besides?

I think ian now has the skaters telly as he wanted payment for the one he lost but the slaters can probably be stalled a bit longer. Stupid anyway...never saw anyone so blasé about being told their telly been robbed. Ah right so ...you'll replace it ..grand.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Was it diagnosed while in Ireland, that might explain it. Probably just a 'windy pain' or a speck of dust on the x ray...or maybe himself and Kat made it to Knock.

Walford General

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I'm sick of the Hayley and baby storyline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Do Jay and Billy still run the undertaker that Les owned? Is Alfie touting for business on their patch, in which case wouldn't they run him out of there?

I didn't really pay attention to what Alfie was on about in the cafe because he annoys me, but if he was seriously selling himself as an undertaker it's a bit ridiculous when there's already one

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Do Jay and Billy still run the undertaker that Les owned? Is Alfie touting for business on their patch, in which case wouldn't they run him out of there?

I didn't really pay attention to what Alfie was on about in the cafe because he annoys me, but if he was seriously selling himself as an undertaker it's a bit ridiculous when there's already one

Jay is managing Coker's funeral business, Billy was fired so now works for Mel in the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Jay is managing Coker's funeral business, Billy was fired so now works for Mel in the club

Oh yeah forgot that Billy was fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

Jack the Ripper must be at large in the eastend; Just for Men Alfie's phone never stops.

Jack the Ripper must be at large in the eastend; Just for Men Alfie's phone never stops.

Lots of cats dying too

Is Alfie and the kids moving into Martin's house also, how will they all fit?

Its really a 4 story mansion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Alfie might have some contacts that'd sort him out - Lor' luv a duck! Stack a few coffins in da corner ov da kitchen, get a few extra an' market da place as a 'ostel, it'll be golden! Job's a goddun, know what I mean?

Ah here now they are really taking the piss in the Slater house where do they all sleep

Kat
    Stacy
    Mo
    Jean
    Martin
    Lilly
    Hope
    Arthur
    Whitney
    Tiffney
    Aflie
    Tommy
    Bert
    Ernie
    Hayley
    Baby no name

16 people in a 3 bedroom house but atleast the rent & electric is cheap and they still only have one bathroom lol

• Advertisement

if i hear Blue Moon Funerals. A good way to go or Alfie annoying ring tone ill scream what an annoying ringtone

Advertisement