Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

fin12 wrote: »
    Ya right they prob get up to much worse in those places. Isn’t there plenty of top universities where several students have been raped.

yeah, nobody cares about having good behaviour at even Oxbridge anymore, they care about having a wild time and then bragging about it later, especially in a world of social media. The days of stiff, uptight people there are long gone. Combine this with grades inflation and unwillingness to fail students and Bex would not have to work too hard at all to get a decent degree. Meanwhile people's eyes still light up when they see Oxbridge. That's the reason why there's so much competition to get in, and a lot of them probably had fancy tutors to help while she was disadvantaged from her first days in school. Another thing is that as an attractive young girl, Bex need only show up and look pretty to be accepted socially. She literally can't lose.

So she's an emotional wreck sometimes - wouldn't that be all the more reason to try some other way of living and leave her embarrassing past behind? To become someone else? I think she should up and leave the Walford dump behind forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

yeah, nobody cares about having good behaviour at even Oxbridge anymore, they care about having a wild time and then bragging about it later, especially in a world of social media. The days of stiff, uptight people there are long gone. Combine this with grades inflation and unwillingness to fail students and Bex would not have to work too hard at all to get a decent degree. Meanwhile people's eyes still light up when they see Oxbridge. That's the reason why there's so much competition to get in, and a lot of them probably had fancy tutors to help while she was disadvantaged from her first days in school. Another thing is that as an attractive young girl, Bex need only show up and look pretty to be accepted socially. She literally can't lose.

So she's an emotional wreck sometimes - wouldn't that be all the more reason to try some other way of living and leave her embarrassing past behind? To become someone else? I think she should up and leave the Walford dump behind forever.

I think it’s more the pressure, she couldn’t even handle the pressure of doing the A Levels actually she cracked up altogether so I think she’s prob like I can’t face that intense pressure again.

Her mother is a complete f*cking eijit, it’s not about Bex at all she just wants to be able to go around and tell the Neighbors I’ve a daughter in Oxford. I know plenty of people like that in real life pushing their kids into careers the kid doesn’t want just so they can boost about it after. Sick people.

Because that's want every woman needs to make her happy, right? :rolleyes:

Ah it was only a joke I was making I wasn’t serious

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Caprica

I do feel sorry for Becks. I think Sonia is more interested in having the bragging rights about her daughter in Oxford that listening to what she wants. I wouldn’t think that’s an unusual occurence in the world. Lots of parents probably end pushing their children into unsuitable courses. However I did think it was funny when Sonia told Becks that one of her greatest regrets was giving up the trumpet😂🀣

The reappearance of Lucy at the end was very chilling. I think new Bobby is growing into the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Is Libby still in university ? and the other sister, what happened to her, I can't think of her name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Is Libby still in university ? and the other sister, what happened to her, I can't think of her name.

Chelsea was not in to studying unless male anatomy, I believe she was bed post notch for Grant Mitchell so mammy Denise had Phil, lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Are Stacey , Martin and two children living on fresh air I wonder ? Then where are they living or working or eating or school for Lily ?

Mena Mitty wrote: »

Libby did well , she is now a doctor in Holby City 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Baybay

Caprica wrote: »
    The reappearance of Lucy at the end was very chilling. I think new Bobby is growing into the role.

I thought it was a bit silly, to be honest. Fair enough, Bobby sees her but I’m not sure the audience should have. It’s a soap not a supernatural show.
    Also, I think the actor who plays Bobby outdoes Bex in the breathy, whiny, wet delivery mode of acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Baybay wrote: »
    I thought it was a bit silly, to be honest. Fair enough, Bobby sees her but I’m not sure the audience should have. It’s a soap not a supernatural show.
    Also, I think the actor who plays Bobby outdoes Bex in the breathy, whiny, wet delivery mode of acting.

I think the whole point of Lucy appearing was so the viewers could see through the eyes of Bobby, and understand him better. I think if they had just had Bobby mention Lucy but not have her appear, then some would probably dismiss it as Bobby just talking nonsense. By seeing Lucy, viewers can see the turmoil Bobby is going through right now.

Another thing to point out. Lucy's ghost may not even be real but Bobby's imagination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I think the whole point of Lucy appearing was so the viewers could see through the eyes of Bobby, and understand him better. I think if they had just had Bobby mention Lucy but not have her appear, then some would probably dismiss it as Bobby just talking nonsense. By seeing Lucy, viewers can see the turmoil Bobby is going through right now.

Another thing to point out. Lucy's ghost may not even be real but a figure of Bobby's imagination.

feel like I am watching most haunted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The actress who plays Stacey has been back filming a few scenes already (a month after giving birth) so I guess we're only a few weeks away from seeing her on screen again, but only briefly.

EastEnders has cast a brand new trio of brothers who are arriving this autumn, The Panesars are a British Asian family of the Sikh faith and are formed of siblings Kheerat, Jags and Vinny

The-Panesars-a9c0.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C429&ssl=1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    EastEnders has cast a brand new trio of brothers who are arriving this autumn, The Panesars are a British Asian family of the Sikh faith and are formed of siblings Kheerat, Jags and Vinny

The-Panesars-a9c0.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=644%2C429&ssl=1

good, only reflecting real life at the end of the day. lots of asians living in the east end of london

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Danny Dyer is the most useless actor in EE, he was more like someone bursting to take a piss standing behind the bar rather than a person struggling with anxiety.

No way would you see a night sky like that over London !

Gray is going to attack poor Chantelle over the money . I am anxious thinking about it already

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Gray is going to attack poor Chantelle over the money . I am anxious thinking about it already

yeah when he comes back and the kids tell him they've been living on beans and toast, i'm anxious at the thought too

I wonder how long Gray will carry on, I wonder how he will get caught and I wonder who will catch him ... or she might wake up one day battered and bruised and think "I ain't gonna put up with this sh!t no more!"

I wonder how long Gray will carry on, I wonder how he will get caught and I wonder who will catch him ... or she might wake up one day battered and bruised and think "I ain't gonna put up with this sh!t no more!"

I found it sad that Chantelle was so annoyed with Mitch for punching Gray and found it unacceptable . Yet sees no way out from her own situation

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I wonder has Gray going away anything to do with Hunter on the run? Gray seemed in a hurry to pack and go. Chantelle seems jealous of Mel and Gray frowning yesterday when she was coming out of their house and mentioned something to Gray tonight about not packing yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Danny Dyer is the most useless actor in EE, he was more like someone bursting to take a piss standing behind the bar rather than a person struggling with anxiety.

I fast forward through his parts. Linda is starting to annoy me too, she has got very moany lately.

ah yeah Linda reminds me of a bulldog chewing a wasp

ah yeah Linda reminds me of a bulldog chewing a wasp

As you mentioned bulldog, where is Lady Di, does Shirley even walk her anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Yeah you would. On any stations on the dlr between London city airport and canary wharf. Sky very clear there always.

Yeah you would. On any stations on the dlr between London city airport and canary wharf. Sky very clear there always.

think for the last 10 years now at least, commercial lighting manufacturers have been making night friendly lighting with reflectors pointing/aiming down as to avoid lighting up the sky at night and councils / airports and other establishments have been upgrading to this type over the years - so its possible I suppose .. if walford have upgraded their streetlights :D

Ruby's teeth are distracting, so big and white

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ruby's teeth are distracting, so big and white

Veneer is it? - or are they her natural gnashers I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Veneer is it? - or are they her natural gnashers I wonder

She's had veneers done - I remember seeing a YouTube video about it a couple of years ago. "Same day veneers" or "One day veneers", something like that. Her teeth look very unnatural anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

dee_mc wrote: »
    She's had veneers done - I remember seeing a YouTube video about it a couple of years ago. "Same day veneers" or "One day veneers", something like that. Her teeth look very unnatural anyway.

I think veneers are horrible when my dentist told me what they actually are horrible, they grind down ur original teeth and place fake ones over. Rotten. Imagine grinding ur teeth down when ur only in ur 20s/30s.

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    I think veneers are horrible when my dentist told me what they actually are horrible, they grind down ur original teeth and place fake ones over. Rotten. Imagine grinding ur teeth down when ur only in ur 20s/30s.

and they still make your teeth look huge - I think a lot of people with veneers cant close their mouth properly cause they so big.

saying that I have rotten teeth now and if I could afford it I wouldnt rule having something like that done maybe.

My teeth are like what that sensodyne advert is about. All me enamel has worn away now leaving me with the yellow dentine - hate them

Advertisement