Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The actress who plays Bex is very believable as someone who is finding it all too much, although listening to Sonia going around like a clucking hen day in day would push anyone over the age.

I hit the mute button when she appears now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Sonia reminds me of the girl in the deli counter that makes A SEXTON SANDWICH. Just constant inane drivel. She could give Coronation Streets Fiz a run for her money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

i'm in bits after that, poor Bex

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

casio4 wrote: »

A powerful episode tonight .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

casio4 wrote: »
    Omg. I cant believe that. Its terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

Ah you could see the weight on her shoulders I'd love to see Bex teach music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

I've been doing weird hours at work lately so only watched tonight for the first time in months.
    Can someone explain what was wrong with Bex to lead her to this?

I've been doing weird hours at work lately so only watched tonight for the first time in months.
    Can someone explain what was wrong with Bex to lead her to this?

Bex got the A levels she needed to get into Oxford . Sonia put her under pressure to accept because Sonia could only see how proud she was herself and not how Bex felt about it
    It escalated into being all about Sonia being proud and not really about Bex
    Bex is afraid she can’t handle the pressure and feels she can’t back out and hurt everyone .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Bex got the A levels she needed to get into Oxford . Sonia put her under pressure to accept because Sonia could only see how proud she was herself and not how Bex felt about it
    It escalated into being all about Sonia being proud and not really about Bex
    Bex is afraid she can’t handle the pressure and feels she can’t back out and hurt everyone .

Thank you so much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Ian or Kathy babysitting Lexi, Abi and Rainie :p

Tiffany and Dotty already at loggerheads, did Dot call Dotty Kirsty?

• Advertisement

Where are Jacks kids ? Who looks after them ? Plus Kats brood seem to have dissapeared too .

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was Ian or Kathy babysitting Lexi, Abi and Rainie :p

Tiffany and Dotty already at loggerheads, did Dot call Dotty Kirsty?

Kirsty is her actual name, Nick got her to pretend she was called 'Dotty' after Dot to try to worm his way back into his Mother's affections. Nick was like 'Look Ma, I've named my daughter after you'

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Where are Jacks kids ? Who looks after them ? Plus Kats brood seem to have dissapeared too .

Does Kat still have Hayley's kid also?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Kat still have Hayley's kid also?

Pennywise has them. They float now. :eek:

Am I the only one that thought that Bex's reactions to her situation were a little bit too extreme? I mean, there are tons of scarred kids in Eastenders who went through far worse but Bex is the one that decides to end it?

Maybe it's realistic in that some might say "it's always the quiet ones", but I didn't feel that her situation was portrayed as being that bad beyond the actress always looking weepy (which I came to think was just her acting style - it might have been deliberate in hindsight).

She has:
    • 2 parents that would do anything for her
    • An extended family that cares for her
    • Friends that went searching for her when she ran off
    • Friends that rallied round when her boyfriend/not boyfriend was killed
    • A roof over her head
    • The ability to leave Walford (Once away from Sonia, she could do as much or as little as she wanted at Uni.)

On the negative side:
    • Sonia is a bit of a dose
    • Martin is a hothead
    • Uni IS hard and frightening, but thousands do it every year. Just go up there and skip classes if she feels it's too hard and then drop out
    • Shaki was killed, but she didn't really want him as a boyfriend anyway until just before he died.
    • She took drugs to study, but seemed to kick any addiction instantly
    • She has a thing for older guys. Kush and teacher-guy broke her heart. Who hasn't had their heart broken at least half a dozen times by age 21?

I just don't get the storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Baybay

Gulliver wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thought that Bex's reactions to her situation were a little bit too extreme? I mean, there are tons of scarred kids in Eastenders who went through far worse but Bex is the one that decides to end it?

Maybe you’re lucky.

Most bend, some break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Gulliver wrote: »
    Pennywise has them. They float now. :eek:

Maybe it's realistic in that some might say "it's always the quiet ones", but I didn't feel that her situation was portrayed as being that bad beyond the actress always looking weepy (which I came to think was just her acting style - it might have been deliberate in hindsight).

She has:
    • 2 parents that would do anything for her
    • An extended family that cares for her
    • Friends that went searching for her when she ran off
    • Friends that rallied round when her boyfriend/not boyfriend was killed
    • A roof over her head
    • The ability to leave Walford (Once away from Sonia, she could do as much or as little as she wanted at Uni.)

On the negative side:
    • Sonia is a bit of a dose
    • Martin is a hothead
    • Uni IS hard and frightening, but thousands do it every year. Just go up there and skip classes if she feels it's too hard and then drop out
    • Shaki was killed, but she didn't really want him as a boyfriend anyway until just before he died.
    • She took drugs to study, but seemed to kick any addiction instantly
    • She has a thing for older guys. Kush and teacher-guy broke her heart. Who hasn't had their heart broken at least half a dozen times by age 21?

I think this is the whole point of the story line. We don't know what people are going through in their minds. How many suicides happen and we hear "but they seemed ok, or they had no worries etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

She was suffering from depression and anxiety. That is the nature of the illness it doesn't make sense. Lisa knew the signs as she has suffered from mental illness. I thought last night was very well done. Everyone in the pub loved her and no one except lisa had any inkling of the suffering she was enduring.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That was a weird opening scene

'Becks, wake up, I'm a nurse, the worlds worse nurse. I'll just lay here beside you doing nothing , everyone else is like , hmm o well, bla bla bla, let's all just stand still and stare. ''

That was a weird opening scene

'Becks, wake up, I'm a nurse, the worlds worse nurse. I'll just lay here beside you doing nothing , everyone else is like , hmm o well, bla bla bla, let's all just stand still and stare. ''

What was Sonia meant to do ? She had her in the recovery position and waiting for medical help . Bex needed IV fluids which Sonia could not have given her

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I was thinking the same... Was she breathing? CPR... Chest compressions? I'm a nurse but I'll lie here and stroke her hair seemed odd to me too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Dotty seems to have calmed down, she was a bit of a devil child last time she was in it.

I was thinking the same... Was she breathing? CPR... Chest compressions? I'm a nurse but I'll lie here and stroke her hair seemed odd to me too.

. I am a nurse but wouldn’t dream of doing chest compressions if her heart was beating . Sonia felt her pulse and said she cleared her airway so must have known she was then breathing .

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I would love to know what Bex wrote in the note

Dotty seems to have calmed down, she was a bit of a devil child last time she was in it.

I'd say still bad, binding her time playing nice, wanting Dot's money

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I missed the episode before last night so Dotty is the girl with all the piercings? What age is she supposed to be now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

One thing is bugging me, Bex left the party early,given English pub closing times i'm guessing 10ish,takes a load of pills and alcohol and is found the next morning guessing 8am or so,in hospital they said they got her early, surely between 7-9 hours unconsious Bex would be banjaxed completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

Just saw eastenders now and am dissappointed with the writers. I thought they were going to really tackle mental health and the aftermath of suicide on families and friends and the finality of that final act. I really hope that they don't protray to kids attempt to kill yourself and you will be found and everything will be ok in the next episode.

Ben has made a quick recovery and now Bex will also :rolleyes:

Was Sharon going to kill Mel with that knife box opener cutter thing?

Corrie did suicide storyline better than Eastenders I’m my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Lovely thick thighs too I noticed, or should I say I paused and oggled her.

Advertisement