Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eastenders [News, Spoilers and Discussion - from Jan 2018]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

The thing about Bex is that she was playing outside her IQ level, if she had to stress that much to get into Oxford then she wasn't cut out for it. Society has this "American dream" mentality that if you put the work in you will get the rewards whilst ignoring the persons natural potential. It is just like when I chose to do Biology A-Level at school years ago because my sister did it and got an A, I thought if I worked as hard as her I would get an A too, I ended up getting a D. I also notice how parents always talk about how they want their children to have a beter life and job than them, they ignore that their children may not have the capabilities to be better than them especially given that they have your genetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The thing about Bex is that she was playing outside her IQ level, if she had to stress that much to get into Oxford then she wasn't cut out for it. Society has this "American dream" mentality that if you put the work in you will get the rewards whilst ignoring the persons natural potential. It is just like when I chose to do Biology A-Level at school years ago because my sister did it and got an A, I thought if I worked as hard as her I would get an A too, I ended up getting a D. I also notice how parents always talk about how they want their children to have a beter life and job than them, they ignore that their children may not have the capabilities to be better than them especially given that they have your genetics.

Some great points made there.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,804 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bex got in with little study, she had a break down previously, AFAIR

Do Bayley and Mitch live with Karen too, so that is Karen, the twins, Bernadette and Keegan all in the flat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

ok missed a bit of Eastenders. Can someone fill me in on why Martin and Stacey are gone please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Everyone on EE talks as if no one else in the house can hear them .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SAMTALK wrote: »
    ok missed a bit of Eastenders. Can someone fill me in on why Martin and Stacey are gone please

Stacey hit Phil over the head with a spanner. She was going to call the police and explain what had happened but Ben intervened and said he'd sort it. He framed Keanu for it instead, so Keanu went on the run with Louise and Stacey went on the run with her family, afraid that Phil would remember what actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Thanks dee

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭LordBasil

dee_mc wrote: »
    Stacey hit Phil over the head with a spanner. She was going to call the police and explain what had happened but Ben intervened and said he'd sort it. He framed Keanu for it instead, so Keanu went on the run with Louise and Stacey went on the run with her family, afraid that Phil would remember what actually happened.

Stacey has form for hitting male Mitchells over the head with blunt objects!!

Honey left Billy for a one night stand and cannot even vaguely forgive him , yet stays with Adam a lieing cheat .? But she justifies it with he can support her kids , so is the money that makes a difference to cheating?

• Advertisement

Ben is throwing a wrench in the works of Stacey returning :p

So the chubby short Ali G is a Little Mix fan

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭maurv2

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Honey left Billy for a one night stand and cannot even vaguely forgive him , yet stays with Adam a lieing cheat .? But she justifies it with he can support her kids , so is the money that makes a difference to cheating?

I despise Honey now because of that. Does your man the dentist know that Honey knows about his affair?

Honey is ashamed, denial and Billy cheated with a lesbian :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Why was Habiba talking about going away with Adam for Christmas? Isn't she Muslim?

They can always hope for the best for them and support them in their choices can't they? What's so wrong with that?

Bex didn't "have" to stress that much to get into Oxford. She was/is going through a time of anxiety and depression despite studying for her A levels and getting great results. She was always an A student. EE are trying to show that even someone who appears successful with the world at their feet, can suffer from depression. And that's a very important message to get out there, evidenced by a few replies on this thread.

Ben makes a pretty princess

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Why was Habiba talking about going away with Adam for Christmas? Isn't she Muslim?
    Might be a cheap exit for him. He's already done his final scenes so usher him off; not even a taxi. ☺ Sheanu and Chantelle/Grey will be be bigger stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Looks like a bulimia storyline in the works for Honey?

dee_mc wrote: »
    Looks like a bulimia storyline in the works for Honey?

I wonder did she have that before from her modelling days

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder did she have that before from her modelling days

Yeah she did mention something about it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

i might have got the wrong end of the stick but .... the neighbour found Daniel on Monday evening dead ... but i thought i saw him in eastenders on Tuesdays episode no?

I truly detest Ben . Every aspect of him , every sentence he utters , every time he cries and feels sorry for himself . He is a nasty thuggish bully to everyone

I truly detest Ben . Every aspect of him , every sentence he utters , every time he cries and feels sorry for himself . He is a nasty thuggish bully to everyone

yeah, I really thought he was gonna change his ways the other week for the good.. that didnt last long did it?

i might have got the wrong end of the stick but .... the neighbour found Daniel on Monday evening dead ... but i thought i saw him in eastenders on Tuesdays episode no?

Were they eating in the cafe on Monday or Tuesday ?
    Can’t say I ever warmed to him to be honest since his horrible first appearance

Were they eating in the cafe on Monday or Tuesday ?
    Can’t say I ever warmed to him to be honest since his horrible first appearance

yeah pretty sure. they told whatsherface she had a pen mark under her nose

The wreath with Fowler was bad considering what Bex did, Callum is too good for him

I wonder will he eventually be bumped off

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The wreath with Fowler was bad considering what Bex did, Callum is too good for him

I wonder will he eventually be bumped off

theres hope ...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Pamela Landy

I think someone speculated already but
    Iqra's girlfriend will be revealed as one of the Panesars. Sounds like Iqra doesn't know yet.

Robbie actor axed hence his quick exit off to see son Sammy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

theres hope ...

The new Ben is good.

Advertisement