Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JBL speaker/ Google home on steroids.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Nice one, it's on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Ah can't believe I missed this guys it's gone back up again, is it anywhere else on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

My JBL 10 landed today. Packaging top rate. You know when your opening this there is something special inside. Premium quality.
    The speaker is a good sized sturdy one. Once I turned it on. ( Had battery charged on shipment) the Google home app picked it up straight away. I was connected to my WiFi and playing music within about 3 mins. I already have Google home so I didn't have to configure Spotify again. I can honestly say this is my first time to enjoy music from a. Google smart speaker. Good solid sound. Decent base. I own a first generation echo, second gen echo and Google home. Stopped playing Spotify through the home about four weeks ago. Never happy with it's sound. Good for speech, but not music. The Amazon echo both 1st and 2 ND gen are far superior.
    But now I'm glad to say that the JBL is right up there with them. surpassing them with better base.The portability it's definitely a winner hands down. To those that took the plunge on buying this speaker, enjoy. I certainly will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

givecredit wrote: »
    My JBL 10 landed today. Packaging top rate. You know when your opening this there is something special inside. Premium quality.
    The speaker is a good sized sturdy one. Once I turned it on. ( Had battery charged on shipment) the Google home app picked it up straight away. I was connected to my WiFi and playing music within about 3 mins. I already have Google home so I didn't have to configure Spotify again. I can honestly say this is my first time to enjoy music from a. Google smart speaker. Good solid sound. Decent base. I own a first generation echo, second gen echo and Google home. Stopped playing Spotify through the home about four weeks ago. Never happy with it's sound. Good for speech, but not music. The Amazon echo both 1st and 2 ND gen are far superior.
    But now I'm glad to say that the JBL is right up there with them. surpassing them with better base.The portability it's definitely a winner hands down. To those that took the plunge on buying this speaker, enjoy. I certainly will.

Second this. I have JBL link 10 and bought my daughter the link 20. Great devices and far superior sound compared to mini's and regular GH.

One thing i dont like is the firmware is slower to update than the google products (understandably).

ps maybe not the correct place to ask but is there anyway of shutting off the lights on the device. Have it in the bedroom currently and the wifi light is very bright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

ps maybe not the correct place to ask but is there anyway of shutting off the lights on the device. Have it in the bedroom currently and the wifi light is very bright

I use a black piece of tape.

• Advertisement
Advertisement