Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 year old with drops of blood on end of stool.

Options
  • 19-01-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Cutting a long story short.

3 different children's doctor's and 2 visit to the hospital but issue not fixed.

My 5 year old son has had fresh drops of blood on his stool every few day for 3 months now. We have tried many cream's without more the a week before blood returns. Sometimes there are visible opening where blood comes out but other times the are inside.

We have cut out Gluten, dairy and chocolate. We seat him in warm water after ever movement and clean him very well.

I have read 1000's of pages and as it is so common and has so many possibilities I turn here for help. He has a small amount of pain but has no fear to go.

If anyone could suggest what to try next I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

A worried father.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

gar32 wrote: »
    Cutting a long story short.

3 different children's doctor's and 2 visit to the hospital but issue not fixed.

My 5 year old son has had fresh drops of blood on his stool every few day for 3 months now. We have tried many cream's without more the a week before blood returns. Sometimes there are visible opening where blood comes out but other times the are inside.

We have cut out Gluten, dairy and chocolate. We seat him in warm water after ever movement and clean him very well.

I have read 1000's of pages and as it is so common and has so many possibilities I turn here for help. He has a small amount of pain but has no fear to go.

If anyone could suggest what to try next I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

A worried father.

It could be a very small cut that's just not healing, but doctors surely would have spotted that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

The cuts heal but then return after a few days. We use a stool softener which works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

Mod note

Medical advice isn't permitted on boards, thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement