Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City is dangerous because of this leniency

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

First I read of this, I see these posts and I nearly just dont want to bother replying, I know Ill be told that the judges are justly and accurately applying the law, are limited by some legal technicality or other.
    After reading that, I feel sickened, the Judge said "he accepted he may not have intended to blind the man" and later "that in order for there to be hope for the criminal's reform",
    Reading further, it seems at his young age, I consider a severe penalty should be imposed, I cant see why he shouldnt do the full 14 years, he may not have intended to blind the man, although you'd wonder what he might expect would happen doing what he did in his attack, but he should be put away for his dangerous actions and the fact his actions resulted in the blinding of that man in his eye and could have been much worse (along with his other brave record).
    Not just for his actions, I think a hard line needs to be taken and remove dangerous people from the streets, when they show no signs of reform, its better for the rest of us if they are gone, if they decide to commit crimes and then repeatedly ad infinitum, then they may rot in jail for the rest of their lives for all I (and I suspect most) could care if they are so violent and unreformable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

My magic trick would be making the scumbag 'disappear' if he'd done that to me or a loved one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

This happens everywhere, putting Dublin in the title & posting here is diminishing whatever valid point you nay have wanted to make. Is this yet another 'let's slag Dublin in the Dublin forum' type thread or is it about the failings of the Irish judicial system?
    Lets face it the judiciary are fecking up a lot lately it seems so that should really be the focus here, thats the issue not Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

14 years with the last 4.5 years suspended.

I've seen far more egregiously lenient sentences handed out. Having said that with 16 previous convictions, the likelihood of this scumbag turning his life (for what that's worth) around is fairly minimal!

How many chances should these f**cks get?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

lawred2 wrote: »
    14 years with the last 4.5 years suspended.

I've seen far more egregiously lenient sentences handed out. Having said that with 16 previous convictions, the likelihood of this scumbag turning his life (for what that's worth) around is fairly minimal!

How many chances should these f**cks get?
    Is your issue with the suspension or the term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is your issue with the suspension or the term?

My issue? I'm not the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

lawred2 wrote: »
    My issue? I'm not the OP.
    Oh, you didn't comment on the thread about the sentence. My bad.

:rolleyes:

Advertisement