Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forming a Gun Club NARGC or Someone Else

Options
  • 20-01-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Myself and a group of others are in the process forming a new Gun Club and I wanted to know are we better going through NARGC or just setting up the club and getting insurance through IFA Countryside of Countryside Alliance Ireland. What are the benefits outweighing going with NARGC
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I've been in NARGC Gun Clubs since I was 16. We have our problems but we also have a very good insurance fund which has an excellent administrator who would be very helpful. He settles any issue quickly and fairly.

After the fund well there is the pheasant sub, vermin equipment, game crop sub habitat grants available. I like the annual intercounty shoot.

Best of luck which ever way you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LONG DRAG

For what it's worth the best advice I can give you is go with the NARGC, you will never look back, best of luck anyway with the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daleshooter

Our club is with NARGC since we formed 11years ago insurance is 100 percent I am speaking from experience my son had here .out shooting newyears day 12 months ago got black thorn in the eye had 3 operations thankfully sight back OK now looked after superbly by NARGC. Then you have grants for gamecrop verman traps and phesants our club would not change from NARGC

Our club is with NARGC since we formed 11years ago insurance is 100 percent I am speaking from experience my son had here .out shooting newyears day 12 months ago got black thorn in the eye had 3 operations thankfully sight back OK now looked after superbly by NARGC. Then you have grants for gamecrop verman traps and phesants our club would not change from NARGC

It's worth pointing out that a lot of other insurances do not cover you for non permanent injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I think that one aspect of the NARGC accident and liability cover is often overlooked; it's not insurance but a mutual compensation fund and as a consequence it's prime motivation is not profit but members interests.

Of course the folks running it prefer to be looking at a surplus rather than a deficit any given year for the simple reason that every surplus makes it a bit more robust in case a perfect storm scenario accident happens.

Is Chris Gavigan still running it ? I remember him giving a great talk about the ins and outs of it in plain English a few years ago.

Yes Chris is still there and a Gentleman to deal with. He will help you with any query.
    Speaking only for Cavan in the last while we welcomed a new club into the fold and chatting to them the other night they are getting on great and delighted.

Advertisement