Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for motorbike and car

Options
  • 20-01-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

Is anyone aware of an insurance company that provides a combined car and bike insurance policy? I believe in the UK, Carol Nash does, but I can't find anything here in Ireland.

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:D:D:D:D:D.....Nah, over here they like to screw you twice....a bike is a luxury..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

I don't believe there are any such policies available.

There are some discounts for multiple policies from the likes of Liberty, but I've always found it cheaper to have two policies with two different companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

Principal, AXA & Liberty all do both, but they aren't the one policy. Chubb can offer a mini-fleet type policy for private individuals, but they only do high value vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magvadesign

:D:D:D:D:D.....Nah, over here they like to screw you twice....a bike is a luxury..

It does appear that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 magvadesign

colm_c wrote: »
    I don't believe there are any such policies available.

There are some discounts for multiple policies from the likes of Liberty, but I've always found it cheaper to have two policies with two different companies.

That I found also. But even more frightening, I had a car declared off the road officially, but at renewal time Aviva wanted the back tax paid :eek: - even though it was declared off the road. Then when I finally managed to get them to see sense, they doubled my premium!
    Colm17RvB wrote: »
    Principal, AXA & Liberty all do both, but they aren't the one policy. Chubb can over a mini-fleet type policy for private individuals, but they only do high value vehicles.

It's a shame you can't get a policy that covers both - after all you can only ride or drive one at a time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pekarirska

My experience.

Have 6y+ no claims bonus with Carole Nash.

Would like to buy a car, 20 years driving experience, but no recent car no-claim bonus. Was quoted from €1,800 - €2000 Third Party, Fire & Theft for a family car aka Ford Focus/Mondeo, Renault Laguna, Kia Ceed, Vw Passat, Volvo V50 year 2010-2012. No broker would take my bike bonus into the account.

Then I found out that the Liberty would take my motorcycle no claim bonus and the quote is €800.

Hope that helps ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Goose81

Axa do it but when I rang up it's 2 separate policy's and it worked out nore expensive do I didnt use them for the bike

Advertisement