Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AKG Y50bt vs C50bt

Options
  • 20-01-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for wireless headphones for my 9yo and a bit for myself as well :) I found AKG Y50bt and they seems perfect for our needs. At the moment they cost around 115e on amazon, but i found those C50bt on argos website for 99e. Any idea whats the difference? Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

There is a discussion on HUKD about these headphones which confirms that they are the same model just branded for a different region.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/akg-c50bt-on-ear-wireless-headphones-6999-argos-2828049
    Roxydog19th Nov 2017
    I spoke to AKG tech support today and they confirmed these are identical to the Y50BT model. It appears these were rebranded as Costco did a promotion and could not use the Y50bt model designation. I have read these were originally for the US / Canadian market and if you Google it this appears to be confirmed. I have just bought a pair myself and am awaiting them charging as I write this comment.

I contacted AKG support to find out if C50BT is the same as Y50BT and they said YES! See email response below.

"Thank you for contacting us. It is the same exact product, it was re-branded to identify that it is a Canada AKG product.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

John Gil Carag
    Technical Support
    Harman Lifestyle Division"

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crowirl

Was just about to buy a pair on Amazon for GBP89 thinking i got a great deal and then saw this thread. Currently €75 in Argos (Ireland) and didnt have to wait for delivery. Not bad considering these are usually GBP150! Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

I got the one from argos last friday. Totally recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Crowirl

Just to put a nice little bow on it - see below response!

"[font=arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting Harman Kardon Customer Support.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]These 2 headphones are exactly the same model, we had to brand the C50BT differently as these were being marketed for Costco customers but Argos have now since started selling this model of headphone.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I hope this has answered your question, if there is any way i can help further kindly reply to this email.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Thanks for contacting us today.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Best Regards.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Peter S,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Customer Service EMEA,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Harman Lifestyle Division."[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭projektzwoo

Small update after about 5 months headphones got broken. Wireless option works great, but when I try to use wire left side doesn't work at all, right side depends how you put the cable in, sometimes it works, sometimes not, and if you move your head it looses connection. I thought it could be the cable which looks quite fragile so I bought a new, better quality cable, but nothing has changed. I haven't use headphones often, and mostly wireless option. I have used cable maybe for about 5 hours in total.
    Btw do I come back to Argos with warranty or should I contact AKG?

• Advertisement
Advertisement