Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ100

• 20-01-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I am looking for a Good Travel Compact would like something above the very small sensor P&S

I was considering a Lumix TZ100 but could people please give an opinion of one

Or advise any other compact travel camera

Thanks a Lot
    mylesm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Have a TZ100. Not blown away - a lot of not-quite-in-focus results. Could be just me, but I'd have hoped for better results using Auto modes. Grabs focus in a moment...but the end result is often not great.

But...it has a decent sensor size and 25-250mm equiv optical zoom, so on paper it's a cracker.

Given my focus issues, I think the RX100 range might be better...but you lose a lot of zoom.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bryanodowd

Hmmm was looking at this with the double cash back promo ongoing it looks an interesting choice - but that sounds underwhelming.

To be fair, it might just be me. But even on simple 'intelligent auto' I'd have expected better detail, while the 'dynamic monochrome' which I really enjoyed on another Lumix (TZ60) is just soooo dark on the TZ100. Of course, you can get dynamic mono in post-processing, but still...

On the upside, it goes from 'off' to 'ready' in no time, it has a decent enough viewfinder and a touch screen.

Online reviews by more expert folks might be well worth reading - as I say, it could just be me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭dinneenp

When you say travel compact: 
    1. does it need to fit in your jeans pocket? 
    2. do you want a long zoom? 
    3. would you use a long zoom much or just like the idea of it? 
    Thanks,
    Patrick.

dinneenp wrote: »
    When you say travel compact: 
    1. does it need to fit in your jeans pocket? 
    2. do you want a long zoom? 
    3. would you use a long zoom much or just like the idea of it? 

To be fair, the TZ100 does all that (if 250mm equivalent is long enough).

But it's a good question - I'm moving to a 16-55 kit lens on an X-e3, and so far I've only missed the longer reach the very odd time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Im looking at this camera atm...... not over excited to be honest
    The Pricey new Rx100 Mark VI is the only other alternative but its so more expensive

Advertisement