Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a ceramic floor tile cut?

• 20-01-2018 1:18pm

Hi all.

I just need one medium sized ceramic floor tile cut, a straight cut. I could ask me pals but I'd rather pay someone a few quid who is set up and ready to cut a tile.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

Tiles shops?

• loki7777 wrote: »
    Tiles shops?

Yes you would think that, but I've never been in tile shop where it staffed by a tiler or sales staff with cutting skills. But I may be wrong.

Anyone know a tile shop that will cut a tile on the spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭loki7777

You are wrong - tubes and tiles - there is a worker who is doing all inside shop - just ring them and ask is he there today.SOmetimes he is even in the shop changing over tiles.

• OK thanks. I'll check that out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Danny the salesman in T&T knows his stuff too. They usually have one or two cutters belonging to the shop out the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes-Tubs and Tiles and Danny there will definitely sort you out
    sligojoek wrote: »
    Danny the salesman in T&T knows his stuff too. They usually have one or two cutters belonging to the shop out the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

If you have no luck, I'll be in town some day during the week. I can bring a cutter with me and do it in a petrol station or a car park . What size is the tile?

• Thanks folks. I'll check out Tubs and Tlies. @Sligojoek. That's a very kind offer. It's 12" x 12". Hopefully will get it sorted at T&T.

• OK Folks.

I went to T&T. Were'nt able to cut tile as they had "given their tile cutter away to a tiler".

I went into Crean Ceramic's. Also didnt have a tile cutter.

I went into Sam Hire and asked did they have a tile cutter I could borrow to cut a tile. I was told they dont do that, and all their tile cutters were on hire anyway.

All nice folk by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Hire/borrow a small angle grinder with a diamond disc and diy.

• Advertisement

• Thanks. I got sorted with a tile cutter.

Advertisement