Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact Lenses: Recommendations for Limerick

• 20-01-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am hoping to get an eye test/fitted for contact lenses and looking for some recommendations for opticians in the Limerick region (although, I would be willing to travel as necessary).

I have being wearing glasses all my life (short-sighted) and usually go to Specsavers.......

I know there's a eyeglasses/contacts forum, but was hoping for some recommendations from locals :)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Go to Egan's opticians in Cork. Nobody comes close in Munster

Avoid Specsavers at all costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

Hi All,

I am hoping to get an eye test/fitted for contact lenses and looking for some recommendations for opticians in the Limerick region (although, I would be willing to travel as necessary).

I have being wearing glasses all my life (short-sighted) and usually go to Specsavers.......

I know there's a eyeglasses/contacts forum, but was hoping for some recommendations from locals :)

Thanks

Hi Small T
    Just my 2c worth - I’ve been wearing lenses for years & used to get fleeced regularly by S Savers.
    My advice would be get examined & fitted in any opticians but buy your lenses online & save a fortune. Check boards for info but daysoft.com come highly recommended & very reasonable. All you need is your prescription & they’re about half the price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Thanks lads for the replies - much appreciated. I will read up about Egan’s in Cork, Vlad.

That’s great advice, Coill1, I will definitely look into buying online.... as I know from my friends experience that contacts are pricey from spec savers, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for any other opticians outside of spec-savers? I’m assuming I will be shown how to fit the contact correctly by the optician......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

Thanks lads for the replies - much appreciated. I will read up about Egan’s in Cork, Vlad.

That’s great advice, Coill1, I will definitely look into buying online.... as I know from my friends experience that contacts are pricey from spec savers, etc.

Does anyone have recommendations for any other opticians outside of spec-savers? I’m assuming I will be shown how to fit the contact correctly by the optician......

I've had great experiences with Castletroy Opticians but I only wear glasses. Family members have been very happy with them too, one of them for lenses.

Another person I know has been going to Vision2opticians. They have a very peciuliar set of eye conditions and they have given them multiple sets of trial packs in different styles over the last two months to help them work out the combination that suits them best.

Would also echo the comment above to stay away from specsavers, neglected to tell me something about my eyes that they had on record for years and meant I didn't take the nessecary precautions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

For the fitting/prescription: Michael Fine, Fines opticians. Catherine street. Consummate professional.

I buy mine online at daysoft.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭overthebridge

ShRT wrote: »
    I've had great experiences with Castletroy Opticians but I only wear glasses. Family members have been very happy with them too, one of them for lenses.

Another person I know has been going to Vision2opticians. They have a very peciuliar set of eye conditions and they have given them multiple sets of trial packs in different styles over the last two months to help them work out the combination that suits them best.

Would also echo the comment above to stay away from specsavers, neglected to tell me something about my eyes that they had on record for years and meant I didn't take the nessecary precautions

+1 on Vision2Opticians. Got new glasses and contacts from them last summer and found the service excellent.

Advertisement