Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweel 25 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Injuries to Arnie and Sane (and to a lesser extent Elliot) combined with DCL stinking up my bench mean that I'm either going to be taking a -12 or playing my wildcard :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lingard and tosun out to

A- Walcott and Wilson
    B- mahrez and ayew

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Maybe it’s the baby brain and I’d appreciate any advice before we get up for a feed around midnight.

Kane and Arnie out for Mahrez and Aguero with 2 FT. Bank transfer next week. Rollover said transfer the following week. Perhaps get Kane back in.

Kane in will be funded by a defender out - Otamendi could be a rotation risk and they look poor at the back anyways since Stone’s return. The only pressing transfer I have is Arnie out anyways so makes sense. Aguero will surely outsource Kane over the next three. Mahrez is very highly owned in my cash league and Aguero would be a great differential. Son usually does well so he is good Spurs cover. I have no intention of captaining Kane over next 3 anyways.

So team would be.

DDG
    Otamendi - Alonso - Ogbonna
    Salah - Mahrez - Son - Lingard - Sterling
    Firmino - Aguero (C)
    SUB: Duffy, Quaner, Mariappa

Thoughts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Maybe it’s the baby brain and I’d appreciate any advice before we get up for a feed around midnight.

Kane and Arnie out for Mahrez and Aguero with 2 FT. Bank transfer next week. Rollover said transfer the following week. Perhaps get Kane back in.

Kane in will be funded by a defender out - Otamendi could be a rotation risk and they look poor at the back anyways since Stone’s return. The only pressing transfer I have is Arnie out anyways so makes sense. Aguero will surely outsource Kane over the next three. Mahrez is very highly owned in my cash league and Aguero would be a great differential. Son usually does well so he is good Spurs cover. I have no intention of captaining Kane over next 3 anyways.

So team would be.

DDG
    Firmino - Aguero (C)

Thoughts?

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Went Vardy/Lingard/Arnie to Niasse/Hazard/Shaqiri.

Watch Vardy fill his boots now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did masuka and Arnie to chilwell and Walcott for a -4. Not sure how I'll get Sanchez now if at all. Was planning on banking this week but was only going to have 2 players because of the west ham lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Went Vardy/Lingard/Arnie to Niasse/Hazard/Shaqiri.

Watch Vardy fill his boots now....

Wouldn't have got rid of Vardy, a lot of people getting rid of a lot of in form players, cue lots of 'sold him for a hit, fml,you couldn't make it up' posts in the gw 25 thread.

I did masuka and Arnie to chilwell and Walcott for a -4. Not sure how I'll get Sanchez now if at all. Was planning on banking this week but was only going to have 2 players because of the west ham lads.

I'm backing away from WC next weekend to get him in now with so many big transfers to digest
    I'll have exact money fir Arnie to pogba or martial so I'll have to settle for that
    Probably............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Did Arnie to Choupo, and have exact change to do Matsuaka to Moses is he nailed on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

The West Ham lads must really have done a job on your team to leave you with only 2 players!!

I’m very undecided between Theo and Miki as an Arnie replacement. If I thought Miki would start and get 70-80 mins i’d definitely go him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

patmac wrote: »
    Wouldn't have got rid of Vardy, a lot of people getting rid of a lot of in form players, cue lots of 'sold him for a hit, fml,you couldn't make it up' posts in the gw 25 thread.

It was essentially down to Vardy/Lingard or Hazard/Niasse.

It's a 3 week punt. Vardy has only scored 4 away goals all season - 2 of those on the opening weekend.

Hazard also on great form so I rolled the dice.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Any love for Ramsey at 6.9? He is not injured anymore but seems to have trouble forcing his way into the team. Got a lot of assists pre injury and was close to scoring on numerous occassions.
    Done Arnie to Shaq yesterday (would have been funnier, Arnie to Rambo!)
    Now thinking of Son and Firmino to Rambo and Aguero for a -4. Already have Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I'm contemplating getting hazard in for a hit and captaining him.
    May be a nice differential

pimpmyhat wrote: »

In a gameweek when aguero has a depleted west brom at home and Salah has a leaky Huddersfield I don't know if it will be a good differential.........

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

patmac wrote: »
    Did Arnie to Choupo, and have exact change to do Matsuaka to Moses is he nailed on?

He is ahead of his direct rival for that position in Zappacosta . Might not start the odd game due to rotation. Just seeing he is 6.4 which is not cheap. Monreal at 5.6 is another option?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdpRo wrote: »
    The West Ham lads must really have done a job on your team to leave you with only 2 players!!

I’m very undecided between Theo and Miki as an Arnie replacement. If I thought Miki would start and get 70-80 mins i’d definitely go him.

Oh ye 10 players not 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Hazards scores directly after a double digit haul:
    3, 8 (assist for Willians fluke at Anfield), 2,1.

He only plays 90 mins one in three games.

He’s the ultimate troll this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Benimar wrote: »
    Hazards scores directly after a double digit haul:
    3, 8 (assist for Willians fluke at Anfield), 2,1.

He only plays 90 mins one in three games.

He’s the ultimate troll this season.

I know I've wrote a lot about him.
    It was only a one week punt really would be swapping for Sanchez next week as I have the funds.
    I just have a feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I know I've wrote a lot about him.
    It was only a one week punt really would be swapping for Sanchez next week as I have the funds.
    I just have a feeling

Arnie / eriksen & Wilson to emcm/miliv and aguero, armband going on kun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I transferred out arnie for martial, might be a risk with rotation and sanchez coming in but I'll take the chance. I've already done kane to kun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have done Arnie to Shaqiri. Was set to dump Lanzini then too for a Silva/Martial/Pogba type but rather than take the hit I might just play Ben Mee away to Newcastle.

Lanzini has to drop twice to hurt me so I've time with the next GW after the upcoming one so soon after to lose him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have had Courtois as my keeper for good while and Speroni.

Have Chelsea cover in Alonso.Hard to know if Courtois will play this week.Tired of blanks from his injury.
    Safe transfer is to likes of DeGea or Ederson.Have Otamendi but no Utd defender.

Would Courtois to Schmeichel be a mad move?Schmeichel most in form keeper in game.
    Leicester seem to be defending well and have nice fixtures for a while.
    Thanks for any thoughts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I wish Ramsey had gotten more minutes under his belt before Arnie got injured, because that's the transfer I want to make. Seems like it could be too early though. I was late to the Arnie party so his price drop doesn't affect me, I'm tempted to hold tough until the GW is over to see if Rambo picked up more game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’m going to shift Lingard and Arnautovic on.

Replacements I have lined up are Mkhitaryan, Walcott and Shaqiri. If I get Mkhi in it’ll have to be Shaqiri in with him as I’ll be short on Theo.

It would cost me a -4 to do both this week so I’m thinking Arnautovic to Shaqiri this week and wait and see on the other two for another week.

Really, I suppose my dilemma comes down to -

A) Do Arnautovic to Shaqiri, wait and see on Mkhi or Walcott in for Lingard next week.

B) Do Arnautovic to Shaqiri, Lingard to Mkhi for a -4

C) Do Arnautovic to Shaqiri, Lingard to Walcott for a -4

Who would people be favouring?

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Paully D wrote:
    B) Do Arnautovic to Shaqiri, Lingard to Mkhi for a -4

B, arsenal playing well in the last couple of games and if they tie up that guys who's name I can't spell from Dortmund I think they'll do well for 4-6 games and then revert to normal Wenger uninspired Arsenal.

I can see Mikhi' arsenal career starting the same as his United one but not convinced he will sustain good form on a long term basis.

Is our resident Everton expert around ?
    I've no bench unless DCL is in Everton squad?????? I know he won't start but be nice to know if he is in squad
    Other than that I may have to take a hit for Arnie but I don't really want to as I'll have to choose between benching Jones or mee and I think both have a chance of a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

km79 wrote: »
    Is our resident Everton expert around ?
    I've no bench unless DCL is in Everton squad?????? I know he won't start but be nice to know if he is in squad
    Other than that I may have to take a hit for Arnie but I don't really want to as I'll have to choose between benching Jones or mee and I think both have a chance of a clean sheet

I'd imagine he'll be in the squad and maybe start. He was given time off for the last game as he's played so many games. Tosun has blanked in his first two games too. Will definitely be on the bench at worst imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

FutureGuy wrote: »

So team would be.

DDG
    Firmino - Aguero (C)

Thoughts?

Did these transfers last night as they would have cost 0.3 more this morning as Kane and Arnie dropped while Aguero went up.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    I'd imagine he'll be in the squad and maybe start. He was given time off for the last game as he's played so many games. Tosun has blanked in his first two games too. Will definitely be on the bench at worst imo.

Thanks
    If I don’t make a move I won’t be committed to wildcard as I’ll have enough for Arnie to Pogba instead of Sanchez
    However maripppa and Ricky both look like losing me value tonight and I just can’t afford that so may have to pull the trigger after deadline anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Did Arnie to Shaqiri - a popular choice this week it seems :)

Very tempted all week to do Kenny to Alonso for a -4, as I will have to get rid of Kenny next week with Coleman back, however I now think I will hold off and keep the cash to allow the flexibility of an upgrade to Sanchez or somebody else, or maybe even get in Alonso after his inevitable brace this week :rolleyes:

Means having to play two of Kenny (H to Lei), Duffy (A to Sou) and Mee (A to New)
    Leaning towards Duffy and Kenny at the moment I think

Advertisement