Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweel 25 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FutureGuy wrote:
    Did these transfers last night as they would have cost 0.3 more this morning as Kane and Arnie dropped while Aguero went up.

I really like the look of your new team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

I went for Sane, Arnie and Firmino to Mahrez, McArthur and Aguero for a -8, was happy enough with most of the team so didn't want to WC.

Didn't want to be without Aguero for the next few weeks. No cash left ITB but happy enough with the team and it's balance.

Lossl
    Otamendi Jones Hegazi
    Sterling Salah Mahrez Docoure
    Kane Aguero J.Ayew

Elliot Hunemeier Tarkowski McArthur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

On a -4.

Did Arnie, Eriksen & Crouch to Choupo, McArthur & Aguero.

Fabianski Elliot
    Otamendi Christensen Jones Mee Dunk
    Sterling McArthur EMCM Salah Groß
    Kane Kun(c) Firmino

Leaves me with a weaker midfield than I would like. But that is the price of going with both Kun & Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Did Arnie to Shaqiri - a popular choice this week it seems :)

Very tempted all week to do Kenny to Alonso for a -4, as I will have to get rid of Kenny next week with Coleman back, however I now think I will hold off and keep the cash to allow the flexibility of an upgrade to Sanchez or somebody else, or maybe even get in Alonso after his inevitable brace this week :rolleyes:

Means having to play two of Kenny (H to Lei), Duffy (A to Sou) and Mee (A to New)
    Leaning towards Duffy and Kenny at the moment I think

honestly you could get severely punished by not having Alonso for the next 3. The Sanchez love is BIG on this forum, but his ownership is still very low overall, while Alonso is quite highly owned. Not to mention the price differential. I will have the Sanchez fear next week, but i'll take it over having the Alonso fear over the next 3 weeks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

manual_man wrote: »
    honestly you could get severely punished by not having Alonso for the next 3. The Sanchez love is BIG on this forum, but his ownership is still very low overall, while Alonso is quite highly owned. Not to mention the price differential. I will have the Sanchez fear next week, but i'll take it over having the Alonso fear over the next 3 weeks ;)

Only one other person around me has Alonso in my league
    He was the reason I didnt have aguero and a lot of the others did
    He owes me. Big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Hmmm thanks guys - leaning towards Alonso now alright. Looks like he will go up in price soon too so if I get him now it might make more sense.

Ye can blame me if he gets injured this GW! :)

Edit: just did it - nothing ventured etc!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Arnie out for Choupo-Moting done.

I have 12 starters so I'm likely going to hold the hit for Simpson as i don't keep to play him and can take one Masuaku price drop.

I'll take the -4 if my rivals decide to take hits.

It looks like my rivals have forgotten about this gameweek so far.

If they do they'll all have Kane (C) rolling over.

This leads me to possibly holding Masuaku for a week and looking at strengthening my attack and getting rid of RLC finally.

Will have 6.7 in the bank.
    Will be downgrading Lingard for the bench fodder spot next week so considering low/mid-rangers in Oxlade-Chamberlain or Wilshere?

Both are differentials in my league, I think Ox offers more in attack but I already have Liverpool covered with Salah.
    I've no Arsenal cover.

Worth the hit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

manual_man wrote: »

I haven't got him and have one ft left after Arnie>Choupo.
    Options are:
    1.Masuaka> 6.4m thinking Monreal, bank .8
    2.Masuaka/Richarlison>Alonso/5.3 possibly Milo and -4
    3.Masuaka/Salah>Mane/Alonso
    Option 2 weakens my midfield somewhat, option 3 is mental.
    Rest of the team
    DDG,Elliot
    Jones,Mee,Holgate, Klavan
    Salah, Son, Sterling,
    Kane, Aguero,Quaner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Have to grit my teeth with the additional Aguero rise, Miliojovic rise and Arnie fall.

Transfers I'd planned but have now lost 0.3 m spending power because I waited to see if Sane would pull through. It means I'm looking at a non starting Andy King as my 5th midfielder. I'll be playing 3-4-3 this week anyway.

For a -4.
    Arnie --> Miliojovic
    Sane --> King
    Quaner --> Kun

Just glad a 4.2 midfielder exists to I can get Aguero in.

Should I change Miliojovic for McArthur instead? It'd mean I can upgrade King for a starting cheapie midfielder.

@patmac Masuaku to Moses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I'm doing:

RLC to Shaquiri
    Son to Walcott.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Did Naughton to Monreal
    Alli to Salah
    And Arnie to Gudmundsen (the Burnley guy) for a - 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    I probably need to step away from the computer. I'm currently looking at Son, Arnautovic and Wilson to Milivojevic, Lewis Cook (!!) and Aguero for -8 :eek:

Would give me:

DDG (Elliott)
    Otamendi, Christensen, Ogbonna, Duffy, (Tomkins)
    Salah, Sterling, Richarlison, (Milivojevic, Cook)
    Kane, Aguero, Firmino

It makes bits of my team doesn't it?

Fcuk it, I'm banking!

Arnie on the bench. I don't know where the Shaqiri love is coming from - 1 assist in 10 games - and the only other option that temps me is Milivojevic to free up funds. However, I wouldn't play him this week, so I may as well roll the FT.

Captain Salah, no Aguero, playing Kane. I could get destroyed by Sergio, but if I survive tomorrow night, I think I might come out on the right side of the Aguero/Kane debate over the next few weeks. A big IF though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Have to grit my teeth with the additional Aguero rise, Miliojovic rise and Arnie fall.

Transfers I'd planned but have now lost 0.3 m spending power because I waited to see if Sane would pull through. It means I'm looking at a non starting Andy King as my 5th midfielder. I'll be playing 3-4-3 this week anyway.

For a -4.
    Arnie --> Miliojovic
    Sane --> King
    Quaner --> Kun

Just glad a 4.2 midfielder exists to I can get Aguero in.

Should I change Miliojovic for McArthur instead? It'd mean I can upgrade King for a starting cheapie midfielder.

I'd leave King as fifth mid. McA can nick a goal or two of course but you could end up with his points on the bench if you have another starter option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

ElTel wrote: »
    I'd leave King as fifth mid. McA can nick a goal or two of course but you could end up with his points on the bench if you have another starter option.

That's a very good point I hadn't thought of.

I've gone for McA and Hojberg now though. Because I've Long and Hegazi on my bench. Long won't be playing as it is and Hegazi is away to City... So I'd like one playing sub ahead of Hegazi.

Mark my words. This kid Hojberg has a bright future :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3 transfers and a -4 to bring in Aguero. Hope I have not damaged team long-term by dropping two Spurs players, but these are the risks you take to keep Alonso, Otamendi, Salah, and Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭larchielads

Maherez hands in transfer request might not be involved this game week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ah ffs what to with him now? Could swap for Mkhi

That's got to be unsettling for leicster
    And now I have my excuse
    My 2nd transfer will be Arnie to siggy

Don't really care if it makes any sense at this stage it feels fun

Was all set for Pedro but FFs reckon he won't start !???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Arnie > Choupo
    Sane > McArthur
    DCL > Aguero :cool::):D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

km79 wrote: »
    That's got to be unsettling for leicster
    And now I have my excuse
    My 2nd transfer will be Arnie to siggy

Don't really care if it makes any sense at this stage it feels fun

Was all set for Pedro but FFs reckon he won't start !???

What do they say about Moses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Emcm or Shaq? Or both?

Oooohhhhhhh hold on
    FFS reckons Mariappa could start as wague is a doubt with hamstring ???????
    Hhhmmmmm i might have a bench yet

patmac wrote: »
    What do they say about Moses?

Start
    35 1 1
    But I thought they had looked good with the new formation which was why I was considering Pedro

This is a balls. He won't start now, will he? I'm now tempted to move for my previously considered -8

already got Shaq in for Arnie. Can now do Vertonghen to Bauer and then Mahrez to Hazard. Hazard will then be captained ahead of Salah if i do it. Complicated by the fact that i'm in the running for some monthly prizes :D it is VERY maverick!

ps. Bauer would be handy for gw31 also. have used free hit and wildcard already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Might do Mahrez to Mikhi. Can't see him starting

Ok for one week only
    1. Pedro
    2. Fabregas
    3. Miki
    4. Siggy
    5. Walcott

First to 3 and I’ll buy him
    For a hit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Christ, I've Morgan and Lanzini but I think I'll just bank. Head is melted after the last 2 days in work, Niasse's gonna save me and I might do 4 transfers for a -8 for next GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any confirmation on the Mahrez bids and transfer request? As far as I can see City made an enquiry but no bid or transfer request.

If it is true though no way he starts to tomorrow. Its either Miki or Sanchez if I'm going to gamble on him being left out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Fcuk you Mahrez if you don't start. Brought him in last night for Sane cos of the injury

Advertisement