Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweel 25 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Will be waiting until after the cup games but strongly considering

Son & Calvert Lewin to Sanchez and McBurnie for a -4
    I know it is early to be getting in Alexis but I feel he could do well and want to prove a point

Would leave me with a midfield of
    Salah Sanchez Sterling & Arnie (RLC benched to be sorted the week after hopefully)
    Kane & Kun up top

I can take one more price drop on DCL but otherwise I have just the right cash to do it. Tense times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭MattD

Kenny out for Bauer before an impending price drop - Glamorous...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

manual_man wrote: »
    may get Aguero in for Kane but certainly won't be obsessing over £0.1m and will wait 'til the two cup games are out of the way

Getting rid of Kane? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Getting rid of Kane? Why?

It's a question of Aguero vs Kane for me in the short-term. Aguero looks the better option. Spurs were pìss poor today. May struggle to score at home to Man U and then away to Liverpool. What I'm actually considering now is a -8 and get Kane/Son/Vert all out, bringing in Aguero/Hazard/4.6def. Short-term moves basically. Good risk-reward potential. Had been not so impressed with Hazard but he was absolutely sensational vs Brighton yesterday, and there's potential for BIG scores over the next 3 games. Kane may well find himself back in my team GW28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

manual_man wrote: »
    It's a question of Aguero vs Kane for me in the short-term. Aguero looks the better option. Spurs were pìss poor today. May struggle to score at home to Man U and then away to Liverpool. What I'm actually considering now is a -8 and get Kane/Son/Vert all out, bringing in Aguero/Hazard/4.6def. Short-term moves basically. Good risk-reward potential. Had been not so impressed with Hazard but he was absolutely sensational vs Brighton yesterday, and there's potential for BIG scores over the next 3 games. Kane may well find himself back in my team GW28.

Thinking kane out as well, Aguero is too dangerous to leave out short term. I think eriksen was a loss for spurs today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

jamesbere wrote: »
    Thinking kane out as well, Aguero is too dangerous to leave out short term. I think eriksen was a loss for spurs today.

If Bristol upset city Tuesday night I’ll defo do it but it may be on WC and keep Kane too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

100% keeping Kane.

If Liverpool win tomorrow, Spurs will be 5 points behind 4th, so will have to give it a go against Man U. Liverpool away will be tough, but people are seriously overestimating Arsenal’s ability. I can see Spurs turning them over tbh.

Not having Aguero is a worry, but as soon as Jesus is back, he becomes a non viable option again at his price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

km79 wrote: »
    If Bristol upset city Tuesday night I’ll defo do it but it may be on WC and keep Kane too

Don't trust spurs upcoming fixtures so think I'll go with this change. Anyway can't fit both in my side so it's one or the other at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

With a 16 point hit I can go to this team:

Foster, Elliott
    Kenny, Stones, Jones, Masuaka, Duffy
    Sanchez, Salah, Chupo Moting, MIlivojetic, Arnie
    Kane, Aguero, Wilson

That's from

Pickford, Elliott
    Alli, Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Arnie
    Kane, Firmino, Calvert Lewin

Changes are:

Pickford to Foster
    Alli to Sanchez
    Sterling to Chupo Moting
    Ricky to Milivojetic
    Firmino to Kun
    Calvert Lewin to Wilson

Opinions?

Lemlin wrote: »

Foster, Elliott
    Kane, Aguero, Wilson

That's from

Pickford, Elliott

Changes are:

Pickford to Foster
    Alli to Sanchez
    Sterling to Chupo Moting
    Ricky to Milivojetic
    Firmino to Kun
    Calvert Lewin to Wilson

Opinions?

Wait to see how firmino goes first anyway
    He is in good form
    Have you used WC
    16 pts would justify it imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

km79 wrote: »
    Wait to see how firmino goes first anyway
    He is in good form
    Have you used WC
    16 pts would justify it imo

Nope, still have the wildcard but was going to keep it.

My worry is Kun will now move forward to repeat the feats of previous seasons.

Nope, still have the wildcard but was going to keep it.

My worry is Kun will now move forward to repeat the feats of previous seasons.

16 pts is too big a hit for me if you have WC
    If you are committed to it as well it allows you the flexibility of moving a few on early in week before price drops /rises
    And most importantly
    City and Chelsea both have 2 games before next GW......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Foster, Elliott
    Kane, Aguero, Wilson

That's from

Pickford, Elliott

Changes are:

Pickford to Foster
    Alli to Sanchez
    Sterling to Chupo Moting
    Ricky to Milivojetic
    Firmino to Kun
    Calvert Lewin to Wilson

Opinions?

I don't think it's worth dropping 16 points over in one go.
    With United playing Spurs, I wouldn't be running to bring Sanchez in if signing is confirmed in time.
    If you want Aguero badly, I'd do Kane to Aguero, shortterm, as Spurs next 3 games are tricky.
    And over those three gameweeks (bewtween Jan 30th and Feb 10th), make moves to build up your Kane funds while getting in those other players you want. And end up with all 3 of Kane-Aguero-Sanchez.

But I am partial to a hit and see the temptation and reasoning to do all your moves at once.

Not sre if this is even possible, not knowing your budget, but roughly I'd go something like

GW 25 (-4)
    Kane to Aguero
    Alli to MCM

GW 26 (-4)
    Sterling to Sanchez
    Ricky to Milivojetic

GW 27 (-4)
    Firmino to Kane
    Another move(s) to make up the funds.(Pickford/DCL to ?/?)

You may have to take -8 in GW 27 to get Kane back, so if nothing else my rough suggestions may show you're right to take the -16 hit in the first place :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

shineon23 wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth dropping 16 points over in one go.
    With United playing Spurs, I wouldn't be running to bring Sanchez in if signing is confirmed in time.
    If you want Aguero badly, I'd do Kane to Aguero, shortterm, as Spurs next 3 games are tricky.
    And over those three gameweeks (bewtween Jan 30th and Feb 10th), make moves to build up your Kane funds while getting in those other players you want. And end up with all 3 of Kane-Aguero-Sanchez.

But I am partial to a hit and see the temptation and reasoning to do all your moves at once.

Not sre if this is even possible, not knowing your budget, but roughly I'd go something like

GW 25 (-4)
    Kane to Aguero
    Alli to MCM

GW 26 (-4)
    Sterling to Sanchez
    Ricky to Milivojetic

GW 27 (-4)
    Firmino to Kane
    Another move(s) to make up the funds.(Pickford/DCL to ?/?)

You may have to take -8 in GW 27 to get Kane back, so if nothing else my rough suggestions may show you're right to take the -16 hit in the first place :confused::pac:
    Good advice that's the way to approach it. Things will change the next few gws and the players you think you want now you may not want when it comes to taking the hit. I'd also do Kane to aguero this gw for anyone that wanted to captain aguero . Sanchez a good one to get in for 26 as a great captain option. We also will know more about blanks by gw 26. Chelsea, arsenal, city and utd could all potentailly blank in both gw28 and gw31 and that needs to be factored into your thinking. As km said once your looking at a -16 its wildcard time.

Good advice that's the way to approach it. Things will change the next few gws and the players you think you want now you may not want when it comes to taking the hit. I'd also do Kane to aguero this gw for anyone that wanted to captain aguero . Sanchez a good one to get in for 26 as a great captain option. We also will know more about blanks by gw 26. Chelsea, arsenal, city and utd could all potentailly blank in both gw28 and gw31 and that needs to be factored into your thinking. As km said once your looking at a -16 its wildcard time.

Hhhmmm ye have me thinking now so I checked
    Bought Kane at 12.5 so current resale is 12.7 and he is 13.0
    Aguero already rose last Night so I’ll have time to think on this
    I really should sort out Mariappa DCL and Ricky though
    Maybe i should WC
    Aaaaagggghhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Auybaumayang should be on a lot of peoples reader, he should be a goal machine and hopefully he will available for the Swansea game. I would be tempted to drop Kane for him for at least 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Want to go Firmino and Son to Aguero and Shaqiri but it's alot of potential injuries until the next game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Stones to 4.0 defender
    Firmino to Aguero

I'd love to have Aguero till Jesus is back but is it worth selling Stones? I currently have 4 other playing defenders, Makassu, Alonso, Tompkins and Jones.
    Is this enough to justify getting Aguero in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

dahat wrote: »
    Stones to 4.0 defender
    Firmino to Aguero

I'd love to have Aguero till Jesus is back but is it worth selling Stones? I currently have 4 other playing defenders, Makassu, Alonso, Tompkins and Jones.
    Is this enough to justify getting Aguero in?

Stones is a liability so I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Stones is a liability so I think it's worth it.

Aguero beats Firmino as well up for a bit too.

Looks like it may be a runner once he comes through the next few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

I've 2 free transfers.
    Thinking Alli + son out for hazard and shaq. I can see Chelsea v bourn
    Been a high scoring game

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭slimshady007

2 FT

Thinking Kane + Son out
    Kun + Hazard (luring me back in after only selling him last week)

Spurs have 3 tricky games coming up. Thinking of reversing the Kane/Kun one in 3 weeks when City have a couple of tough games and Jesus could be back around then too. Selling Haz was a rage transher and should have stuck with him till their good run of fixtures end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Eriksen to Hazard

Probably going to do Kane to Aguero for the next 2 game weeks and see then what gameweek 28 brings League cup final related blanks

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I did Eriksen to Mehrez last night. Now I need to shift out Albrighton......and I'm still stuck with ****ing ROONEY!!!

Monreal being back pleases me. He was a great asset prior to his injury and sure look he got a goal and two assists in 33 mins on Saturday.

I don't buy into the 'Spurs have 3 tough games' narrative. Has anyone actually checked Arsenals away record??

That game takes place the same weekend as City v Leicester, with the Spurs game kicking off 5 hours earlier. Both City and Spurs play in the CL the following Tuesday.

You would imagine Kane is nailed on to start, but if Jesus is back, it could lead to City rotation.

Aguero definitely has the better fixtures, but probably only for 2 rather than the 3 GWs being mentioned. If there are no pressing matters, committing 2 of your next 3 or 4 transfers is probably fair enough, but I think once you get into the realms of hits to make the transfers, I'm not sure its such a clear cut decision to bring Aguero in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Benimar wrote: »
    I don't buy into the 'Spurs have 3 tough games' narrative. Has anyone actually checked Arsenals away record??

That game takes place the same weekend as City v Leicester, with the Spurs game kicking off 5 hours earlier. Both City and Spurs play in the CL the following Tuesday.

You would imagine Kane is nailed on to start, but if Jesus is back, it could lead to City rotation.

Aguero definitely has the better fixtures, but probably only for 2 rather than the 3 GWs being mentioned. If there are no pressing matters, committing 2 of your next 3 or 4 transfers is probably fair enough, but I think once you get into the realms of hits to make the transfers, I'm not sure its such a clear cut decision to bring Aguero in.

If Arsenal get the the League Cup final they wont have a game that weekend

threein99 wrote: »

Yes they will. Thats GW27, the Carabao Cup Final is GW28.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hoping to bank and may then do choupo and aguero to Sanchez and diouf the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Dunno where to start :confused:

Surman, Lingard & Richarlison the obvious candidates for the chop......I've taken 2 relatively unsuccessful hits in a row now....probably another one or two needed to sort the mess out.

Have 4.1m ITB and also the dreaded Courtois/Elliot GK combo

Mahrez and Walcott look tempting but will wait as long as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

threein99 wrote: »

But could be rearranged for midweek of the same gw. Hopefully we'll find out in the next week or so when the games will be rescheduled for - another reason why I'm avoiding early transfers.

Advertisement