Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powdered instant oats in smoothie?

Options
  • 20-01-2018 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I got a box of Instant Hot Oat Cereal from Lidl and didn't realize it came in powder, I usually get the regular oats.

My question is, I usually put 100 grams of Oats into a smoothie, is it still okay to put 100 grams of this powdered oats into it? I know you can eat the regular oats uncooked but not sure whats the story with this stuff.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I would imagine it's fine to have uncooked, but you should have a read of the ingredients because it might have a load of sugar added and that would affect the flavour of your smoothies as well as adding to the sugar content.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Normally ready brek type just has an anticaking agent and is over 99% oats

Advertisement